• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Bmw M3 Revealed!!!!

Lalithster

The NEw BMW M3 was revealed today at the Geneva Auto show!

IPB Image

check out the links and comment

I'll stick with my e46 M3. I think it looks better but the new one will eventually grow on me and with 420hp. I will have to upgrade

http://www.autoblog.com/2007/03/06/geneva-...bmw-m3-concept/

http://forum.e90fanatics.com/showthread.php?t=2366

Edited by Lalithster

Now that M car looks é part!!! :)

but é alloys are a little dated dont u feel... :huh: ...reminiscent of é E39 M5 alloy né :)

any idea of é other specs?

...a slightly sharper rear end and slightly more pronounced lines on é rear quater o é car would have made it look more sharp n M like IMO :) tail lights are a let down n are faaaar too dull n ordinary :mellow:

Edited by Devinda_Z

They have killed the subtleness of the E46 engine bulge, apart from that the car looks nothing that special IMO, I agree with u lalithster, still like the 46, but its one of those things, time will catch up.

The wheels are the E46 latter edition wheels.( M style 163 cross spoke design - 19 inch) Looks like they have stuck with them for the concept, maybe the production model will have a different design. Have seen the coupe around. Looks pretty hot.

IPB Image

IPB Image

Edited by Overdrive

For me it's a case of "Nice legs, shame about the face" :(

Such a great spec and such a legen to follow......and still BMW persists with the absurd "styling". Because we know what an M3 is all about we'd probably like it anyway.....but still an opportunity missed.

The E30/36/46 M3s still look so much better designed!

when i look at it now i begin to think if its a tad OTT...é bulges a lil over kill.. :huh: ..but then again when u look at wut kinda power its chucking out i guess its not right for it to be all that subtle - previous M-Cars have been more about being understated performance machines - where as this new one is more about screaming how mean it really is...

:mellow:

• 2 weeks later...

Below are some tech data released by BMW for the new M3,

- First eight-cylinder for the BMW M3.

- 420 hp from 4.0 litres.

- Maximum torque of 400 Newton-metres (295 lb-ft) at 3, 900 rpm, 85 per cent of maximum torque over a speed range of 6,500 rpm.

- 340 Newton-metres or 251 lb-ft available from just 2,000 rpm.

- Maximum engine speed 8,300 rpm.

- Consistent lightweight construction of engine and ancillary units, new V8 power unit one of the lightest eight-cylinders in the world, lighter than the straight-six power unit in the former model.

- Variable camshaft control, low-pressure double-VANOS for an optimum charge cycle, system offering full power and performance even with normal engine oil pressure.

- Eight individual throttle butterflies for spontaneous engine response.

- Consistent and reliable oil supply with longitudinal and lateral acceleration up to 1.4 g ensured by two oil pumps and wet sump oil lubrication.

- Exhaust system optimizing cylinder charge, optimized for weight and function by means of internal high-pressure remoulding, exhaust emissions fulfil EU4 and LEV 2 standards.

- Upgraded MSS60 engine control unit for optimum coordination of all engine functions with the various control systems in the car.

- Ion flow technology recognising and distinguishing engine knocking phenomena as well as misfiring and miscombustion by measurement of ion flow in the combustion chambers.

- Brake Energy Regeneration with intelligent alternator control.

• 2 years later...
BMW M3 twin test

Current BMW M3 takes a sideways glance at the original E30 version on evo test track

car_photo_305976_10.jpg

link the link below for the short video

http://www.evo.co.uk/videos/planetevovideo..._twin_test.html

hey the page is loading but the video is not working :(..maybe something wrong with me browser

Now that M car looks é part!!! :)

but é alloys are a little dated dont u feel... :huh: ...reminiscent of é E39 M5 alloy né :)

any idea of é other specs?

...a slightly sharper rear end and slightly more pronounced lines on é rear quater o é car would have made it look more sharp n M like IMO :) tail lights are a let down n are faaaar too dull n ordinary :mellow:

hey devinda..what's this e' thing...i noticed it in your other older posts as well...is it a substitute for "the":unsure:

Edited by HelRazor

hey the page is loading but the video is not working :(..maybe something wrong with me browser

hey devinda..what's this e' thing...i noticed it in your other older posts as well...is it a substitute for "the":unsure:

that was from the old day, before devinda discovered how to spell ;)

j/k

might have something to do with the plug in - it didn't work on Opera till quite recently

aaahh that whole "e" with the accent was a long time ago - your right , it was a substitute for "the" - became such an eyesore and source of confusion for all and sundry that Fuzzo i think :unsure: ended up opening up an entire thread asking me not to use it in my posts!! :lol: the request was echoed my a great many and so i heeded thier request :)

• 1 year later...