• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abarth

GTAm

The Abarth Brand had a soft soft launch at Geneva this week.

First up is the Grande Punto

1.4 Turbo with 155 bhp in standard tune and 180 bhp with upgrade.

Next will be a 1.8 turbo with 180bhp with a 230bhp upgrade.

And next year will see the S2000 Rally car based 300bhp 4wd. Spiritual successor to the Delta Integrale!!!

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

What does this car offer which other racing cars dont? I mean there are way better cars which could easily outperform this yeah? funny name :)

Zz

:rolleyes: ...uh...machan...i'm gonna leave this upto GTAm to elaborate... :) that "funny name" tuner has some serious pedigree....

What does this car offer which other racing cars dont? I mean there are way better cars which could easily outperform this yeah? funny name :)

Zz

Yep quite a strange name....Abarth, named after Carlo Abarth an Austrian Race car maker, who usually rebuilt small Fiats and won 1000s of races very often beating much bigger cars from classes above.

Like Merecedes bought over AMG, Fiat bought over Abarth in 1971. That team was resposible for the Rally success at Fiat (and Lancia) in the next few years and later the highly praised road cars like the 131 Abarth and the Fiat Ritmo/Strada 130 TC Abarth.

Not many other brands (probably none) can talk about this much race/rally success. You can read more here. http://www.abarth.nl/

é 131 3 time rally champ

in é Alitalia livery

& é Supercharged Volumentrico 2L

Wow great pics. The 131 Abarth is one of my all time favourites. And here's my 131S at Pannala just before overtaking the Capri on the OUTSIDE!!

Still miss that car :( !!

IPB Image

Wow great pics. The 131 Abarth is one of my all time favourites. And here's my 131S at Pannala just before overtaking the Capri on the OUTSIDE!!

Still miss that car :( !!

wow what a 131 :o what do you mean you miss that?? sold it?? dont tell me that. :(

wow what a 131 :o what do you mean you miss that?? sold it?? dont tell me that. :(

Had to..... I went to the wrong tinker/painter :angry: and he mucked it up totally after I spent ......................(oh too embarrassing to mention the figure). There were lots of flaws with the body but the mechanicals were sound. Head ported and polished and a biggish bore de-restricted exhaust. It ripped. Registration no. 7 Sri 131!!! Those alloys are "Wolfrace" like on the Lotus Esprit S1! And I had BMW E36 front seats as the originals were in a poor state.

Had to sell it (at a severe loss mind you) to finance the purchase of my Sprint Veloce.

Last month the guy who bought it from me, crashed it into a wall in Ratnapura I've been told :( ! Sad!

whoa niiiiice!!! :) that car is a real tool i'm told!

how long ago was that photo taken? as nice as é 131 is , i will confess to be a slightly bigger fan of é other car in é frame! :)

any idea where either o é two cars are & if é present owners are willing to part with them?

looks brisk conrnering :D

i dunno if its é same car but a Motor techinician know to me said he picked up a 131 for a mere Rs.70K a few weeks back!!! :o

that seems to have been quite a car....but hey at least u replaced it with another Italian - n a real beaut at that! :)

whoa niiiiice!!! :) that car is a real tool i'm told!

how long ago was that photo taken? as nice as é 131 is , i will confess to be a slightly bigger fan of é other car in é frame! :)

any idea where either o é two cars are & if é present owners are willing to part with them?

looks brisk conrnering :D

Hi Devinda.

I think it was 2005 Classic Car Club races. The Capri is with an enthusiast, I doubt he'll part with it. 'My' 131 is supposedly in Ratnapura and as mentioned has had a disagreement with a wall. But I can tell you I replaced every part except the gearbox. Brand new pistons, brand new weber carb, coil springs, bushes, and factory fitted A/C (Climetizatta) too. Will check n see if it's available and what condition it is.

Cornering was excellent much better than a solid rear axle has any right to! B)

i dunno if its é same car but a Motor techinician know to me said he picked up a 131 for a mere Rs.70K a few weeks back!!! :o

that seems to have been quite a car....but hey at least u replaced it with another Italian - n a real beaut at that! :)

Beware. 70s Italian cars corrode like no tomoro. On my car (or ex car) apart from the bonnet, boot lid and the roof every panel was fabricated, including the door skins!!

Yep the Sprint has been one of my dream cars and it's a more sophisticated machine with it's boxer flat four, fwd and light weight. But the 131 had that rock solid, hackable nature. Maybe someday I'll get another and this time with a twin cam!

My ultimate plan was to transplant 7 sri 131 with a 2.0 twin cam volumetrico engine, I even located one in UK. Then there's also a IRS converstion from the 124 Spider Abarth.......Dreams :D

Hi Devinda.

I think it was 2005 Classic Car Club races. The Capri is with an enthusiast, I doubt he'll part with it. 'My' 131 is supposedly in Ratnapura and as mentioned has had a disagreement with a wall. But I can tell you I replaced every part except the gearbox. Brand new pistons, brand new weber carb, coil springs, bushes, and factory fitted A/C (Climetizatta) too. Will check n see if it's available and what condition it is.

Cornering was excellent much better than a solid rear axle has any right to! B)

Beware. 70s Italian cars corrode like no tomoro. On my car (or ex car) apart from the bonnet, boot lid and the roof every panel was fabricated, including the door skins!!

Yep the Sprint has been one of my dream cars and it's a more sophisticated machine with it's boxer flat four, fwd and light weight. But the 131 had that rock solid, hackable nature. Maybe someday I'll get another and this time with a twin cam!

My ultimate plan was to transplant 7 sri 131 with a 2.0 twin cam volumetrico engine, I even located one in UK. Then there's also a IRS converstion from the 124 Spider Abarth.......Dreams :D

GTam i'm almost afraid to ask...... but how much did the 131 cost you in total? (car + repairs etc).....

Is it just my old eyes seing the resemblance of a Fiat's new Grand Punto ? Again no wonder Abarth is owned by Fiat.

Gosh I hate this fact of the same car two different brandnames business strategy :violent-smiley-030:

err thats 'cs it IS a grande punto mate.... Abarth is a Tuner of Fiats..... always has been... this is one instance where it isn't corporate branding (thankfully)

GTam i'm almost afraid to ask...... but how much did the 131 cost you in total? (car + repairs etc).....

All tho deeply embarrassing I'll let you all in on my secret. Rs. 55,000/- for the running car which could not be stopped in a hurry as it had virtually zero brakes. Body repairs, painting, mechanicals. electricals, air con, battery, tyres etc close to 250k. Then..........the running around for parts, yelling at the Bass(tard) :violent-smiley-099: , fuel/energy/time cost....................whoa incalulable. :(

It took 3 years :blink: . And the end result had so many flaws on the body that I felt like tying up the tinker and lashing him till he squealed. :angry-smiley-024:

Actually I was so tired and dissappointed. Anyway many lessons learned B) .

All tho deeply embarrassing I'll let you all in on my secret. Rs. 55,000/- for the running car which could not be stopped in a hurry as it had virtually zero brakes. Body repairs, painting, mechanicals. electricals, air con, battery, tyres etc close to 250k. Then..........the running around for parts, yelling at the Bass(tard) :violent-smiley-099: , fuel/energy/time cost....................whoa incalulable. :(

It took 3 years :blink: . And the end result had so many flaws on the body that I felt like tying up the tinker and lashing him till he squealed. :angry-smiley-024:

Actually I was so tired and dissappointed. Anyway many lessons learned B) .

Financially, not all that bad i guess...... Physical/Emotional Cost..... :blink: I wouldn't even want to THINK about it..

but at the end of the day, as you said lesson learned,,,

DAMN! that red 131 Abarth looks amazing.

wonder if there are any 2 door 131's in SL ??

GTAm , if you decide to back the 131 way, you should aim for an Abarth clone.

Shouldn't be that much of a stretch since you say majority of the panels had to be fabricated...

DAMN! that red 131 Abarth looks amazing.

wonder if there are any 2 door 131's in SL ??

GTAm , if you decide to back the 131 way, you should aim for an Abarth clone.

Shouldn't be that much of a stretch since you say majority of the panels had to be fabricated...

I'm told there is a 2 door somewhere, but I've never seen it.

Can't do another 131 just yet, maybe after my other cars come out. There are lots of 131s in Australia and Thailand. So even panels should be possible.

The 131 Abarth had a fibre glass body!

I'm told there is a 2 door somewhere, but I've never seen it.

Can't do another 131 just yet, maybe after my other cars come out. There are lots of 131s in Australia and Thailand. So even panels should be possible.

The 131 Abarth had a fibre glass body!

WUT !!!! :blink: so thats é secret of é Abarth diet :lol:

so finding an Old 131 & replace all em corroded pannels with GRP ones should do é trick eh! :)

Q: does é 131 have seperate chassis or is it a monocoque of sorts? :huh:

hmmm does anyone have any idea if any replicas or KIT versions of é STRATOS were ever made??

....now thats a car spending a small fortune on acquiring...

...was there ever a car that looked as radical as that beast?!!.... ~sigh~