• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Abarth

GTAm

• 2 months later...

New Fiat 500 Abarth Testing at the 'Ring.

IPB Image

http://planetefiat.free.fr/dotclear/index....e-la-500-abarth

http://www.autoblog.it/post/8506/fiat-500-sport-video-spia

Spec - 1.4 Turbo 150bhp power, 170lb ft torque, Weight around 900 kg. 0-60 around 7 secs. The upgrade kit that will be available with dealers, will take it up to 180bhp!

• 8 months later...

GTAm, any word on an official launch date for the nuova "Cinquecento" ?

...regardless of the agressive styling cues of the tuned version, somehow the 500 can't help but remain to look 'Cute' & 'Cuddly" :lol: doesn't really yell "Brutale" as it should

...i'll still have the Abarth S2000 thank ya :D

GTAm, any word on an official launch date for the nuova "Cinquecento" ?

...regardless of the agressive styling cues of the tuned version, somehow the 500 can't help but remain to look 'Cute' & 'Cuddly" :lol: doesn't really yell "Brutale" as it should

...i'll still have the Abarth S2000 thank ya :D

In SL? Now they say in MAY 08. 500 demand has outstripped supply hence the delay for small markets like ours. They are upping production though.

Well it is a nice looking car and although I really am not a fan of Retro I like this one and would buy an Abarth if I am unable to afford the new Alfa Junior that's due later this year. It can't help being cute I guess :) ! But look at the performance of its predecessors, nothing cute about that eh?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sY7QFMrW35g

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ju8NC1tsZxo

although I really am not a fan of Retro I like this one and would buy an Abarth if I am unable to afford the new Alfa Junior that's due later this year

never ever really been much of a fan of small cars or hot hatches as such, but i'd be happy to join you in having the new Alfa Junior if it actually ends up looking like this -

qrt614alfajuniorbigdb5.jpg

qrt61402alfajuniorbigrp2.jpg

otherwise,i'm sticking with my dream hot hatch choice of the Alfa147 GTA

2003alfaromeo147gta2xl1.jpg

2003alfaromeo147gta9kz2.jpg

or better yet, the Auto Delta GTA AM 3.7 Super :)

411231sl2.jpg

411233vn8.jpg

O.T,but GTAm, any 147's in the island?

Edited by Devinda_Z

The Junior will look like that if not better. There are sneak pics of the bodyshell on the production lines on the net now. I think in SL a smaller performance car is fast becoming more suitable.

There are two 147s in SL. Both are 1.6s one red one silver. The Silver one was not running and there's a rumour that it could be for sale.

I had this magazine with an article on the arbarth monotipo... see if you guys can find an article on it... It was 'enzo' like stuff...

edit: found this link

http://www.ultimatecarpage.com/car/1631/St...po-Concept.html

Yes that's the Stola concept. Fans were all worried as Fiat reduced Abarth to merely a styling badge in the 90's. Now they've started a new sub brand with Abarth centres etc. and are giving Abarth it's due recognition. It will be very interesting to see what the next Abarth model will be after the 500 and the Grande Punto.

As Devinda mentioned it would great to have a Stradale (road version) of the S2000 WRC car. It would be a modern day Integrale.

• 3 weeks later...
I'm gonna ask this coz I really don't know and am curious. What is that button on the steering with a mark that looks like the Windows Logo? Left side of steering.

might be to call up the "Blu&Me" blutooth interface or possibly something to do with the USB ports found in the glove box...

new Alfa Junior

qrt614alfajuniorbigdb5.jpg

qrt61402alfajuniorbigrp2.jpg

looks like Alfa is having trouble finding a name for what was suppsoed to be the new "Junior"

List of 12 is as follows :blink: ~

1. Furiosa

2. Ventura

3. Sparvo

4. Mod

5. Eno

6. Nevo

7. Fira

8. Agea

9. Solea

10. Velvetta

11. Milo

12. Everso

& here are some spy shots

http://www.oto-park.com/viewtopic.php?t=8521&f=3

looks like Alfa is having trouble finding a name for what was suppsoed to be the new "Junior"

List of 12 is as follows :blink: ~

1. Furiosa

2. Ventura

3. Sparvo

4. Mod

5. Eno

6. Nevo

7. Fira

8. Agea

9. Solea

10. Velvetta

11. Milo

12. Everso

& here are some spy shots

http://www.oto-park.com/viewtopic.php?t=8521&f=3

Hey they've decided. It's Mito I'm not very happy about it but everyone else seems to like it. Made up from Milano + Torino and pronounced Me-Toh. Well it's simple to remember at least.

Hey they've decided. It's Mito I'm not very happy about it but everyone else seems to like it. Made up from Milano + Torino and pronounced Me-Toh. Well it's simple to remember at least.

apparently the name atop thatl ist, "Furiosa" had been the one that ultimately won an online naming contest in various regions of the globe - but apparently Alfa didn't like the name & went with "MiTo" as you mentioned :lol:

...crazy Italians! :rolleyes:

:lol:

Just checked some info from web for The Alfa Mito performance, and Mito will be available with a wide range of engines,

* 95bhp 1.4-litre petrol unit, a Multiair 105bhp 1.4-litre petrol engine hooked up to a six-speed manual gearbox

*1.6-litre turbocharged unit with 135bhp.

* 1.8-litre turbocharged which will have a power output of 230bhp.

*1.6 diesel engine, the 120bhp

about Abarth 500 performance wise

Engine: In-line 4-cyl, 1368cc, turbo

Max power: 153bhp @ 5500rpm

Max torque: 170lb ft @ 3000rpm

0 - 60mph: 8.2sec (claimed)

Top Speed: 129mph (claimed)

Price: £14,000 (est)

On sale: Mid 2008

Mito will be priced from £11k onwards and 1.8 turbo maybe the same price range as Abarth (£14k), but 230 BHP on Alfa is a plus!! Fiat not having a good reputation as Alfa, and Puntos are for council scammies..

Saying that not really fancy Alfas either, as it's Sh*t gearboxes ( have bad experince on 156, looks liks many had problems with) but hope Mito will be a market catcher like 147!