• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mitsubushi 380

noaim

What do u guys think? I havnt as yet seen this on the road. But heard its got a 3.5ltr engine under the hood. Anyone inquired about the price?

It looks like an upsized lancer from the front dont ya think? turns out that this is an Aussie market car, replacement for the Magna/Verada..... and its a 3.8L V6 apparently..... According to D_z... btw OT but has anyone noticed how slow the forums are without the bugger>? :lol:

I saw it at the UniMo show room. Is it the same Magna platform? That's very old. Also I just realized that the Galant has been around for ages hasn't it?

Hope they have done better than the Magna!

The 380 will carry a heavy price tag coz the engine is 3.8L & the question will be whether it is worth so much!

Hope they have done better than the Magna!

The 380 will carry a heavy price tag coz the engine is 3.8L & the question will be whether it is worth so much!

Im guessing it'll land smack in the same category as Cefiros and Accords for pricing (7-9 Million)... although the engine is big, this being an aussie car its probably tuned for longevity rather than power so I'm guessing around 200-220 BHP perhaps?

the question is whether the car will be "special" enough to be competitive in that segment.....

Im guessing it'll land smack in the same category as Cefiros and Accords for pricing (7-9 Million)... although the engine is big, this being an aussie car its probably tuned for longevity rather than power so I'm guessing around 200-220 BHP perhaps?

the question is whether the car will be "special" enough to be competitive in that segment.....

It should have something really special to compete with the Camry & Accord which are in the same price range & more economical.

Below are the specs;

POWER TRAIN - Standard among all versions

3.8 litre V6 SOHC 24-valve MPI engine

Maximum power (175kW @ 5250rpm)

Maximum torque (343Nm @ 4000rpm)

FUEL CONSUMPTION l/100km (ADR 81/01)

5-speed manual = 11.4

5-speed auto = 10.8

I saw it at the UniMo show room. Is it the same Magna platform? That's very old. Also I just realized that the Galant has been around for ages hasn't it?

well é 380 is a replacement for both é Magna/Verada & Galant

this 380 is basically meant for Australia but its being exported cuz of é escess capacity there to other countries in é region.

é Galant replacment which came out in 2002/3 is é same as the 380 & shares the same platform - é differences being é large 3.8L engine - no galant prior to this version ever came with such a butch powerplant- that sport luxury mkt was what é Verada was meant to tackled but never quite broke into so instead they've decided to use this glorified Gallant to try again :)

but interms of competition i dont see it getting very far cuz this segement of cars will be mainly directors cars - so that extra grunt isnt really of much avail given that it'll for é better part wind up as a Chauffer driven sedan,if it ever takes off that is!

é Accord Camry &co are do directly rival it n i really dont see it being eben in é same class when comparing its bland plasticky interior to that of é Cefiro...

well é 380 is a replacement for both é Magna/Verada & Galant

this 380 is basically meant for Australia but its being exported cuz of é escess capacity there to other countries in é region.

é Galant replacment which came out in 2002/3 is é same as the 380 & shares the same platform - é differences being é large 3.8L engine - no galant prior to this version ever came with such a butch powerplant- that sport luxury mkt was what é Verada was meant to tackled but never quite broke into so instead they've decided to use this glorified Gallant to try again :)

but interms of competition i dont see it getting very far cuz this segement of cars will be mainly directors cars - so that extra grunt isnt really of much avail given that it'll for é better part wind up as a Chauffer driven sedan,if it ever takes off that is!

é Accord Camry &co are do directly rival it n i really dont see it being eben in é same class when comparing its bland plasticky interior to that of é Cefiro...

it all depends on pricing...... if it undercuts that segment by a good enough margin, and has decent quality, it will succeed..... look at the Chrysler 300C for further proof of this.....

it all depends on pricing...... if it undercuts that segment by a good enough margin, and has decent quality, it will succeed..... look at the Chrysler 300C for further proof of this.....

300c is a real looker... at least according to lot of sri lankans :D ... first time i saw the car i truly was amazed and thought the car is amzing value for money (given sri lanka's prices) but more i get to see the car closer and more i get to know, less likely i am to think good of it... bdw i think the 300c is more expensive than camry's i think the 300c is in a different class eh?

on the topic: i am a huge fan of mitsui but i have read that these larger mitsui cars are real crappy...

It looks like an upsized lancer from the front dont ya think? turns out that this is an Aussie market car, replacement for the Magna/Verada..... and its a 3.8L V6 apparently..... According to D_z... btw OT but has anyone noticed how slow the forums are without the bugger>? :lol:

Definitly looks better than a verada. this is sporty

but more i get to see the car closer and more i get to know, less likely i am to think good of it

...uh OT but does this mean u think that é car is bad??!! :blink:

...i've been upclose n personal with that thing n its built better than a merc!! & is certainly not ur avrg mudalali's car - its got that whole raw American Brutishness with a bold yet elegant aura about it...

pure class that 300c - Esp é HEMI !!!!!! :)

...uh OT but does this mean u think that é car is bad??!! :blink:

...i've been upclose n personal with that thing n its built better than a merc!! & is certainly not ur avrg mudalali's car - its got that whole raw American Brutishness with a bold yet elegant aura about it...

pure class that 300c - Esp é HEMI !!!!!! :)

yah i agree it still is a good car (good value for money for a brand new) however it just doesn't deliver what you tend to think on first impressions... just that ;)

I acctually driven one of these the GT 380 came with double silencer and leather seats and all electrics. its good though rear wheel drive. when i was in aussie. fuel consumption is good too maybe bcoz i drove it in highways.

i must say its better than those magna's and veradas.

I acctually driven one of these the GT 380 came with double silencer and leather seats and all electrics. its good though rear wheel drive. when i was in aussie. fuel consumption is good too maybe bcoz i drove it in highways.

From the engine pic above, it looks like a front wheel for me?

It is good to hear that the 380 is better than the Magna, the Magna is real crap for me.

From the engine pic above, it looks like a front wheel for me?

It is good to hear that the 380 is better than the Magna, the Magna is real crap for me.

It most certainly is FWD and I suspect its a slightly modified Magna chassis underneath as Mitsu is cash strapped and is unlikely to be able to afford to develop an all new car.

I drove a 2.6 early 90s Magna when I was in Oz and yes I have to agree it was total crap, a torque steer fest!!!

its by no means Rear wheel drive! - well not according to Mitsubishi Motors/Diamond Start Motors :)

235BHP through é front wheels is bound to set off a bit of torque steer!!! - but its got good reviews from é aussi press...so cant be completely rubbish...