• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

New Nissan X-trail

Gummybr

hmmm this is an example of Jap designers being too lazy!! :lol:

but that bend in é high tail lights gives it an air of é Volvo XC90 doesnt it :)

I like the new interior & the lights inbuit to the roof rails.

But they are not talking about the GT version.

I like the new interior & the lights inbuit to the roof rails.

the fog lights in the roof rack is an option in the current model too... there are a few x-trails with them here.

as for the new design, the changes look very minor and have a crv-ish look to it..

yup some NGO's have a few with é roof lights on it - cool it may be but kinda upsets é overal dimensions of é vehicle né...?

yeah fuzzo - its é head lights which have been pulled n how are taller per se & thus tend to resemble é 2nd generation CRV

shame that A*W doesn bring é MURANO - its such a smooth looking machine...é xtrail is nice but its far too sedate & é styling is dated.. :mellow:

shame that A*W doesn bring é MURANO - its such a smooth looking machine...é xtrail is nice but its far too sedate & é styling is dated.. :mellow:

Yes Dev, the Nissan designers should have spent some extra hours thinking on the exterior.

now come to think of it , it looks like é headlamps are off a honda "Pilot" suv...

but é Nissan Rogue is due in next yr so clearly this new xtrail is a filler model to hold n keep nissan going in that category until é real replacement arrives

but é 'Rogue' is guilty of having a front end which resembles a "Murano" which had its front end pulled down so much that it looks like its got its lip curled outward permanently :blink:

IPB Image

now come to think of it , it looks like é headlamps are off a honda "Pilot" suv...

but é Nissan Rogue is due in next yr so clearly this new xtrail is a filler model to hold n keep nissan going in that category until é real replacement arrives

but é 'Rogue' is guilty of having a front end which resembles a "Murano" which had its front end pulled down so much that it looks like its got its lip curled outward permanently :blink:

IPB Image

Mmmmm, Murano is the sleek machine man. I wonder how the sales were for that model. I wonder why the new Xtrail doesnt look so sleek. Anyway Xtrail was born recetly, around 2000 i guess?

Well Devinda, the Rogue is supposed to be the replacement for the Murano according to international press. And the X-Trail will be available only next year.

For me the Rogue also looks ugly.

Nissan sold so many X-Trails not because they were beautiful but because they had superb engines and value for money. Infact the Pathfinder engine is built on the old X-Trail 2.2l diesel engine.

This is true if you read the what car test done recently along with the new Freelander2.

Nissan sold so many X-Trails not because they were beautiful but because they had superb engines and value for money. Infact the Pathfinder engine is built on the old X-Trail 2.2l diesel engine.

I haven't travelled in a 2L to comment but the current 2.5L version is great! Hope this continues in the upcoming model.

aaah right!! ....but do those NGO's have to pay é same taxes we pay or is it all duty free??

& when it comes to selling those vehicles - are they sold onto private buyers

and if so does the party buying it have to pay duty on é vehicle?? :huh:

or at least a portion of it like with é BOI permit vehicles? :huh:

aaah right!! ....but do those NGO's have to pay é same taxes we pay or is it all duty free??

& when it comes to selling those vehicles - are they sold onto private buyers

and if so does the party buying it have to pay duty on é vehicle?? :huh:

or at least a portion of it like with é BOI permit vehicles? :huh:

yup..that is how it works. at least thats how it used to. there was some big scandal about lots of people creating fake NGOs to bring down duty free monteros, prados etc. wasn't there? but yeah...when cars belonging to embassies and NGOs are sold off you'd have to pay the tax on the vehicle if you don't have any kind of duty free priviledges.

yup..that is how it works. at least thats how it used to. there was some big scandal about lots of people creating fake NGOs to bring down duty free monteros, prados etc. wasn't there? but yeah...when cars belonging to embassies and NGOs are sold off you'd have to pay the tax on the vehicle if you don't have any kind of duty free priviledges.

Should the tax be payed if the vehicle is more than 5 years from registration?

the X-TRAIL is a POS in all aspects don't buy it

buy a Sportage if you want a soft-roader

[/quote

Well the X-trail is a bit dated now but hasn't it won best SUV for 3 years? Its sold pretty well all over the world, not just SL so millions of drivers can't be wrong!

The Sorento looks a lot better than the Sportage to me

QUOTE(HardHat @ Mar 12 2007, 04:56 PM)

the X-TRAIL is a POS in all aspects don't buy it

buy a Sportage if you want a soft-roader

can you justify your statement?

well Sir regarding the X-Trail, I miss the point WHY?

It doesn't have the ride quality and handling capability of a car (I mean a sedan or a hatchback or a coupe sort of thing)

Acceleration is horrible (I refer to the 2.0L Patrol)

Not that much spacious than a large sedan or a S/Wagon

Torque almost non-existant unless you rev up the engine to the red

Inadequate Ground clerance - it still grinds its belly on every little obstacle on the ground once taken off the carpet

It's a FWD with an option to engage rear wheels via a gimmick switch on the dash and no Low Range so what's the whole point of 4WD?

very poor Approach / BreakOver and Departure Angles - you loose your front and rear bumbers and part of the exhaust if you go over an obstacle a bit taller than your cat

monocoque body and suspension of a sedan - not the right recepe for a 4WD

no rear A/C despite the rear cargo space being open to the cabin

So it's basically a Station Wagon with a slightly taller body and a 4WD system which may only take you to the beach in the best case

what's the point? why buy an X-Trail?

well it's cool to date the girl who won the beauty contest but not to get married to.

my humble opinion is that an SUV should be able to handle something harder than mommy's daily run to the school, the mall and the beauty parlour

even an Audi TT will manage a one-off test drive in the African Bush for an award, cause it also got AWD. What you don't see is after the fanfare parts start to fall of from the next day onwards.

well it's cool to date the girl who won the beauty contest but not to get married to.

my humble opinion is that an SUV should be able to handle something harder than mommy's daily run to the school, the mall and the beauty parlour

Not only the X-trail most of today's SUV are just wagons with higher ground clearance with 4WD or AWD, none of them are true off roaders!