• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Local Conversions

Elvis_Pil

u know da front n' rear air difuser's u get on da skyline, evo, etc... well this del sol, has those but they are suspended off da body kit so they react according to da speed da car is travellin at i think..

Cool.. do they like move & adjust above a certain speed?

same here if this was in mid or end of april i can bring my new car

You bad boy! You keep testing our patience. Can you tell us whats your next car going to be please? :(

And DevZ will be in his Defender?

You bad boy! You keep testing our patience. Can you tell us whats your next car going to be please? :(

see hola it is the best part yeap i have an idea what im goin to buy bt still dnt know when and yes ur right nw even im out of my patience, no car, cant go anyware, stuck to my computer, Donloading movies and watching them, boring days, miss my night life :(

But sooner or later i will be happy bt till then its so hard for me

see hola it is the best part yeap i have an idea what im goin to buy bt still dnt know when and yes ur right nw even im out of my patience, no car, cant go anyware, stuck to my computer, Donloading movies and watching them, boring days, miss my night life :(

Im sure for the budget you got you can get a good deal. But try to get a unreg as possible

Im sure for the budget you got you can get a good deal. But try to get a unreg as possible

Actually no im not intrsted of buying a unreg car and to pay VAT, :D My previous car got a JK number plate so i dnt care abt the number plates, above 19- is more than enough for me

Anway nw we are talking OT so before our Mods get in to action lets stop talking abt my next car, so any AL member goin to compete in any event @ modified fest 2007 ?? :blink:

Sarci bugger you!! I can see it a mile away!! :violent-smiley-030:;)

me 2 :D

@OD and Gihan ;)

Here dont count out the local aerodynamic geniuses. They would put Adrian Newey in the shade. :)

ha ha local aerodynamic experts :P nw thats a gud one cus there are many experts in SL bt in the end after they do the body kits they almost foget to swap a V6 Engine to the car

Specially D*m*i*d*'s bodky kits Front bumper abt 20Kg Side Skirts 8Kg Rear bumper With Defuser :P 25Kg Spolier 15Kg Bonner Scoop 5Kg Front Fenders 10Kg

I think they need to think twise abt the engine other than Aerodynamics

Edited by GihanFX

hydraulically controlled for purposes of countering lift@speed - or is it purely cosmetic (rice value) :lol:

:huh: ?

i'm guessin dey do, cause dey were suspended off hydraulic shocks.(tiny shocks)....

Actually no im not intrsted of buying a unreg car and to pay VAT, :D My previous car got a JK number plate so i dnt care abt the number plates, above 19- is more than enough for me

Anway nw we are talking OT so before our Mods get in to action lets stop talking abt my next car, so any AL member goin to compete in any event @ modified fest 2007 ?? :blink:

me 2 :D

gud attitude GFX.....always performance...b4 numberplate....

Specially D*m*i*d*'s bodky kits Front bumper abt 20Kg Side Skirts 8Kg Rear bumper With Defuser :P 25Kg Spolier 15Kg Bonner Scoop 5Kg Front Fenders 10Kg

u quite right Gihan - i was speaking to someone who had got a custom kit designed my é person u were reffering to @ NDE - he said é same thing abt é weight - but here's é thing - its not é engine that bears é strain but rather é suspension set up!!!!

his ride height had derecesed so much with a few months of installation of 'kit that é car had wound up on é bump stops - inorer to sort it out he'd ben forced to put upto 3 spacers of sorts to keep é who body from sitting too low... :mellow:

i think i know what gihan z gonna buy/(or convert may i see)... the 19/ plate make it that much more evident ;) ... but u r right itz ridiculous to pay the freaking stupid tax to the gov... might as well pay that extra cash to the local motor sport modifiers and get a good deal...

i think i know what gihan z gonna buy/(or convert may i see)... the 19/ plate make it that much more evident ;) ... but u r right itz ridiculous to pay the freaking stupid tax to the gov... might as well pay that extra cash to the local motor sport modifiers and get a good deal...

....be it an illegal or at é very least unethical one... :rolleyes:

ha ha local aerodynamic experts :P nw thats a gud one cus there are many experts in SL bt in the end after they do the body kits they almost foget to swap a V6 Engine to the car

I think they need to think twise abt the engine other than Aerodynamics

i found a good place in Panadura which asked me for 33k for front and back bumper lips,RS spoiler and mesh grill with painting too

u quite right Gihan - i was speaking to someone who had got a custom kit designed my é person u were reffering to @ NDE - he said é same thing abt é weight - but here's é thing - its not é engine that bears é strain but rather é suspension set up!!!!

yeap devinda ur right and thats what hapend to me in my old car after i did that nice looking body kit i had to replaced my shocks, thanx to the extra weight of the body kit and that huge spoiler anyway i sold the car without replacing the shocks

yeap randi spot on nw in sl for less than 2Mill SLR u can do any conversions with the car 18- 19- 300- 301-, Lancer to Evo, Impreza to WRX or STI, Honda complete Swaps B/H for Eg's Ek's and SR20DET swaps for old cars for drift lovers

so if we can do a 200Hp to 300Hp conversions less than 2mill so what is the use of buying unregisterd cars and we get a warranty for these conversions

Edited by GihanFX

so if we can do a 200Hp to 300Hp conversions less than 2mill so what is the use of buying unregisterd cars and we get a warranty for these conversions

i fully agree with u on é waste in buying unregistered vehicles - its silly to pay 4 milliion for allion or premio with a engine less than 2.0L when u can buy a much better performing BMW for that kind of money! true u may pay a little more for maintainance but they performe & drive so much better

but my worry with these conversions is machan about how legal it is? :huh:

cuz 2.0L & over vehicles need to pay luxury tax - when u take a 1.3L lancer basically all ur using is é chassis & engine number né - all esle will be different ya? so inessence u've got a good fast nice car - but its not what it says in é "book"/ registration papers - which there by makes it illegal neda? :huh:

but if they are gonna change the engine numbers officially and get é car re-weighed & make é chnges known & officially update é papers - then it will be fully worth it & it'll be very good thing :)

i fully agree with u on é waste in buying unregistered vehicles - its silly to pay 4 milliion for allion or premio with a engine less than 2.0L when u can buy a much better performing BMW for that kind of money! true u may pay a little more for maintainance but they performe & drive so much better

cuz 2.0L & over vehicles need to pay luxury tax - when u take a 1.3L lancer basically all ur using is é chassis & engine number né - all esle will be different ya? so inessence u've got a good fast nice car - but its not what it says in é "book"/ registration papers - which there by makes it illegal neda? :huh:

but if they are gonna change the engine numbers officially and get é car re-weighed & make é chnges known & officially update é papers - then it will be fully worth it & it'll be very good thing :)

when JC introduced the new Ford GT he memorably proclaimed "Sometimes the only way to go forward, is to go backwards" - given these crazy taxes and all, i think the conversions offer us a great opportunity to explore performance at a reasonable price albeit in an old suit of an old car(aka is to go backwards)... but still is damn good performance per every buck :D ... but i agree that itz best to sort everything in a legal manner... i have had discussion about the leagl aspect with Zackie once, and he said that itz not that material in SL right now... anyway i don't promote talking too much about those legal stuff in the forum, we might just welcome unwanted attention from unwanted parties, if you know what i mean ;)

bdw i saw ya car at pila today?

yeap fully agree abt the leagal thing bt like isuru said we cant discuss these thing on this forum cus this is a very famous one in SL

anyway ones my mother asked my why u selling ur Englsh number JK- car to buy a 19- or 300- car then i told her abt the conversion thing bt then she told me yeah ur new car maybe faster than ur old one bt still ppl think u sold a new car to buy a old one

bt i dnt care what ppl think if im satisfied with it im ok bt im not ready to pay luxury tax

when JC introduced the new Ford GT he memorably proclaimed "Sometimes the only way to go forward, is to go backwards" - given these crazy taxes and all, i think the conversions offer us a great opportunity to explore performance at a reasonable price albeit in an old suit of an old car(aka is to go backwards)... but still is damn good performance per every buck :D ... but i agree that itz best to sort everything in a legal manner... i have had discussion about the leagl aspect with Zackie once, and he said that itz not that material in SL right now... anyway i don't promote talking too much about those legal stuff in the forum, we might just welcome unwanted attention from unwanted parties, if you know what i mean ;)

Totally Agree with u

Edited by GihanFX

No 2 words you'r absolutely right :D

he! he! yah damn true! we have to matter what our girl think about what we drive... for whatever reason my girl z terrified of speed and shez not so damn gonna let me exchange a newer number plate to an older plate with more speed :( ... anyway i plan to bring her to this 2007 rize festival to show the sweeter side of modications :D

Edited by isurujosh

he! he! yah damn true! we have to matter what our girl think about what we drive... for whatever reason my girl z terrified of speed and shez not so damn gonna let me exchange a newer number plate to an older plate with more speed :( ... anyway i plan to bring her to this 2007 rize festival to show the sweeter side of modications :D

ahh gud idea my girls father own a Audi A4 and she always think European cars are better than japanese cars <_< anway she dont know that i sold my car and nw shes out of the country so i need to buy a car before Mid May, till then i can decide what i want to buy no 3rd party involvements

totally aggree, was drivin wit ma girl yesterday..n' she asks me why i'm drivin suchan old car when i can sell it n' go 4 somethin like a CHERRY????? WTF......i luv ma old ef2....1000 times more than a maruti or similar(same speed as 3wheeler if ya ask me)....so i showed her of some modified pic of ma car...n' she couldnt believe it was da same car.....:P try that next time ur girl tells u to get a newer slower ride....:D

here's to turnin da bad econ..situ in da country..in to somethin in our favour..in tht explorin da gr8 posibilities of these nice jap rides we have here...

Edited by speeddemon200