• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda Or Toyota

thanu_dk

HI FRIENDS.

IF U'VE BEEN GIVEN TWO CARS, ONE MAZDA AND ONE TOYOTA ( SAME YEAR, SAME NUMBER, SAME OPTIONS) AND ASK U TO CHOOSE ONE WHAT WILL BE UR CHOISE??? AND WHY??? OR IF ANY ONE HAS USED BOTH THESE MODELS WHT U THINK BEST (ICONOMICALLY)

WHY TOYOTA IS MOST POPULAR IN SRILANKA? EVERY ONE TALKS ABOUT TOYOTA? iT WOULD BE SO NICE OF U IF ANY ONE CAN GIVE ME SOME HINTS. iM INTRESTED TO KNOW.

HI FRIENDS.

IF U'VE BEEN GIVEN TWO CARS, ONE MAZDA AND ONE TOYOTA ( SAME YEAR, SAME NUMBER, SAME OPTIONS) AND ASK U TO CHOOSE ONE WHAT WILL BE UR CHOISE??? AND WHY??? OR IF ANY ONE HAS USED BOTH THESE MODELS WHT U THINK BEST (ICONOMICALLY)

WHY TOYOTA IS MOST POPULAR IN SRILANKA? EVERY ONE TALKS ABOUT TOYOTA? iT WOULD BE SO NICE OF U IF ANY ONE CAN GIVE ME SOME HINTS. iM INTRESTED TO KNOW.

If fuel consumption and resale values are considered.. toyota is always the best..

but when it comes to performance mazda is better than toyota..

Edited by lil_shane

HI FRIENDS.

The choice between Mazda & Toyota depends on what you require. If are looking for economy & good 2nd hand value Toyota is the one to go for. But if you need performance & willing to spend a bit more on fuel then it is Mazda.

I have used my brothers Mazda Interplay which performs extreamly well for a 1500cc but when it comes to fuel economy it is no where near a Toyota.

i don't think its that clear cut to say a TOYOTA is better than a MAZDA or the other way around

it depends on the SPECIFIC model !

its not fair to generalize all the vehicles produced by a particular manufacturer to have specific attributes

for an example - the Carina is your run of the mill Toyota Sedan BUT any Carina owner will tell you that in terms of fuel consumption it'll be marginally higher than a similar spec Corolla & it'll be a tad quicker too

Like wise a particular manufacturer cant be labeld off so clearly as having such and such attributes , However in the Lankan context TOYOTA enjoys a better reputation in terms of Reliablity , Economy & 2nd Hand Value that virtually any other manufacturer

However in the Lankan context TOYOTA enjoys a better reputation in terms of Reliablity , Economy & 2nd Hand Value that virtually any other manufacturer

In the Lankan context, that is except, Merc and possibly BM. But that is out of the scope of this topic.

In the Lankan context, that is except, Merc and possibly BM. But that is out of the scope of this topic.

Your right Peri - Mercs also have good reputation out here & do retain good resale value , however the same can not be said of BMW...

in the sense that as far as the masses , and therefore the "market" , is concerned the BMW's never quite had the allure of a "Benz" - compared to the Mercs they are by far and large much better drives imo but reliablity is at times a tad spotty

bar the E46 wich has an excellent reputation all the others have been a bit troublesome to run,despite performing well - and the high cost of replacement components have contributed for thier lack of popularity in some corners, i feel...

but as far as Toyota and Mazda are ocncerned - Toyota has an edge , inspite of the bland designs...

Guys.. I have a question for you..

My dad gave me a choice between two cars..

Mazda 3 or Toyota Allion??.. He prefered the Allion but I didnt like it because the car wasnt heavy and there was no performance..

But the Mazda 3 was way better than the Allion (except for fuel).. the mazda 3 was more comfortable and it also performed better than the Allion but still people prefer the Allion.. Why??

Edited by lil_shane

Mazda 3 or Toyota Allion??.. He prefered the Allion but I didnt like it because the car wasnt heavy and there was no performance..

But the Mazda 3 was way better than the Allion (except for fuel).. the mazda 3 was more comfortable and it also performed better than the Allion but still people prefer the Allion.. Why??

I agree with you, The Allion has 2 versions, the standard with a 1500cc engine, and another with 1800cc which is a bit faster..

But overall, I still prefer the Mazda 3. Price.. It's got nicer looks, more options and suspension system is better.

I agree with you, The Allion has 2 versions, the standard with a 1500cc engine, and another with 1800cc which is a bit faster..

But overall, I still prefer the Mazda 3. Price.. It's got nicer looks, more options and suspension system is better.

The 1800cc Allion is faster than the 1500cc but is it faster than the mazda 3

Edited by lil_shane

hang on now - isn't the Allion more expensive than the Mazda3 ?? :huh:

& isn't the Allion have a slightly larger interior as well...?

as a total package the Mazda3 is pretty tough to beat - but the local market is yet to see the full potential of Mazda as its been hampered by bad image generated as a result of the lethargic attitude of its long standing agent on union place :rolleyes:

things seem to be changing thought - both at the agent as well as the market in general..

with the renewed interest in Mazdas parts are bound to make it to all the many jap part suppliers in the island , which inturn will make Mazdas cheaper to run..

hang on now - isn't the Allion more expensive than the Mazda3 ?? :huh:

& isn't the Allion have a slightly larger interior as well...?

as a total package the Mazda3 is pretty tough to beat - but the local market is yet to see the full potential of Mazda as its been hampered by bad image generated as a result of the lethargic attitude of its long standing agent on union place :rolleyes:

things seem to be changing thought - both at the agent as well as the market in general..

with the renewed interest in Mazdas parts are bound to make it to all the many jap part suppliers in the island , which inturn will make Mazdas cheaper to run..

Allion unreg is 3.4mil upwards whilst Mazda 3 is there for around 3,050,000

HI FRIENDS.

Most Mazdas are a lot better to drive than most Toyotas. And better looking too IMO. Toyotas have the better reputation though.

It's largely to do with the agents and marketing over the years.

From a retaining value point of view it's likely the Toyota wil score higher. But then you live only once ;)

I have driven both and I urge you to go for the Mazda 3 if you enjoy driving and want a good looking car. It's in a different league compared with the other Jap competition.

The Allion is a Toyota so lots of ppl will prefer it due to re-sale value, perceieved economy and percieved parts availability etc. Some ppl will even believe it is a superior car in terms of dynamics because they hold the Toyota brand in high esteem. It's like millions of ppl who think that Coke is the greatest tastiest soft drink, when the better informed know that that's just the image and there are many many better soft drinks.

What about old brands. Not so old, i mean like a 300-xxxx Mazda and a 300-xxxxtoyota. I found that the second hand value is more if a toyota than Mazda. Whats the reason for that? is that coz of the availability of spair parts and the fual consumption? Why arnt the pats of Mazda available or more expensive than Toyota, coz Both come from japan

It's like millions of ppl who think that Coke is the greatest tastiest soft drink, when the better informed know that that's just the image and there are many many better soft drinks.

The Allion sells as....

Its a Toyota and thus have better secondhand value as GTAm pointed out and will deliver economical reasonable performance for the longer period of time.

The sedate shape of the Allion (Over the sporty Mazda 3) is preferred by the more mature purchasers who usually make the purchasing decision.

In my experience, most other brands including the newer European cars tend to fall apart after 3-4 years and around 100-120,000km of running on OUR roads and starts giving a 'hacked feel' while most Toyotas if maintained reasonably will do 300,000km without a sweat (In regds to: the reliability of sensors and electricals and the resilience of suspension, engine and drive train, body panels and interior fittings etc).

Even the 19-300- Toyota vehicles retain amazing secondhand value because they are still decent runners after all that running.

Besides..in Sri Lanka, its the free market that decides the secondhand value of a 10 years old car and not the manufacturer or the Agent. If there were any 'better' options...we'd be running them. After all....not everyone drinks Coke!

In my experience, most other brands including the newer European cars tend to fall apart after 3-4 years and around 100-120,000km of running on OUR roads and starts giving a 'hacked feel' while most Toyotas if maintained reasonably will do 300,000km without a sweat (In regds to: the reliability of sensors and electricals and the resilience of suspension, engine and drive train, body panels and interior fittings etc).

exactly man, thatz the difference between a toyota/honda (or even certain nissans) and some other brand... they just keep running and running and running... just as simple as that...

after all, millions of people all around the world cannot be wrong for decades... i don't draw an analogy between coke and toyota... Toyota deserves all the reputation it's got today...

exactly man, thatz the difference between a toyota/honda (or even certain nissans) and some other brand... they just keep running and running and running... just as simple as that...

after all, millions of people all around the world cannot be wrong for decades... i don't draw an analogy between coke and toyota... Toyota deserves all the reputation it's got today...

Is this now a question of reliability? The topic content shows whats economical?

I am no analyst of motor vehicle brands but what i have perceived over the period of time is that Toyota s have a bloody good marketing scheme and reputation for extremely reliable vehicles. Top gear's test on the Toyota Hiace (pickup truck, name might be wrong so apologies) made me be in awe as I never thought vehicles were so durable.

As for mazdas, they are mainly highlighted in the fields of sports cars and cars that looks good and performs good, but as many other members pointed out, fuel econo and various other factors makes it far less a choice than Toyota.

If it were a european country, mazda would most probably be the choice though the famed latest releases such at mazda 3 and rx8 would not be a choice considering it being purchased by a fairly mature individual..

Just a question, might be utterly stupid.. but one of my pals swear that the VVT engines of toyotas perform bout 15-17 km/l within the city.. just want to verify whether its true or not.. obviously it would not according to my knowledge but i just want to enlightened..

Zz

I am no analyst of motor vehicle brands but what i have perceived over the period of time is that Toyota s have a bloody good marketing scheme and reputation for extremely reliable vehicles. Top gear's test on the Toyota Hiace (pickup truck, name might be wrong so apologies) made me be in awe as I never thought vehicles were so durable.

As for mazdas, they are mainly highlighted in the fields of sports cars and cars that looks good and performs good, but as many other members pointed out, fuel econo and various other factors makes it far less a choice than Toyota.

If it were a european country, mazda would most probably be the choice though the famed latest releases such at mazda 3 and rx8 would not be a choice considering it being purchased by a fairly mature individual..

Just a question, might be utterly stupid.. but one of my pals swear that the VVT engines of toyotas perform bout 15-17 km/l within the city.. just want to verify whether its true or not.. obviously it would not according to my knowledge but i just want to enlightened..

Zz

15 to 17? no WAY! Cmon, where di u hear this?

After seing all ideas and experiences i feel like Mazda peforms well but Toyota saves ur pocket :D After all buying a car is like getting married. If u make the correct choice ull be very comfortable, But if u make the wrong choice ull be ded soon :D. I feel like toyota is more popular in Sri Lanka coz of the iconomical reason. In Srilanka more will go for the most iconomical and very few looks for comfortability and Driving enjoyment i guss. Any way i preffer saving my pocket with a toyota :D. How every What do u think? A 300- FULL OPTION MAZDA OR A 19- SEMI OPTION TOYOTA??? WILL BE MORE ECONOMICAL IN THE LONG RUN?

how did i miss this topic, anyways i can remember our tech guys at one point saying "oh don't buy auto gear vehicles bla bla" now they are saying something totally different. In our country machan everything’s working in the opposite direction, This is what i have to say “for this topic you decide what to buy or prefer” before that go to www.mazda.com and go to www.toyota.com and see the differences of the vehicles and their standerds. Right now mazda is the world number one reliable car with the least amount of repairs, i'm a full time mazda fan and i'm not going beyond it. if you have any question please hit me back.... ;)

for more info hit this link http://forum.autolanka.com/index.php?showtopic=2924