• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Darin's March

miniace

Hey Darin mate ..why selling both?? :o .bringing down new ones?? <_< Dont tell me that you've given up this season :angry: ?? Darin or anyone please speak.

Whos knows? Two better machines must be on its way

hey guys

sorry for the late reply

hoping to go to the super car event soon but i need to sell my two impul s first. New car would either be a sti 8 or a sti 9 spec c. havent decided yet.

Dims the sti 9 spec c is sold, the new owners have taken the car to rathnapura.

appreciate the support guys thanks

hope to see you all at nuwaraeliya for the races :D

I am sure all our AUTOLANKA Fans will be behind you DARIN.

Great Work. Please do keep all of us Updated on what is your First Race, so that we all can make sure that we are present for the Event to show our Support.

By the way Darin, From my View Subaru Sti 9's are not that MOD freindly, But Evo 9's are. Correct me if i am wrong. So why Choose the Most Difficult Platform of Vehicale to Compete. Just would like to know your Proffesional Opinion.

ALL THE BEST FOR 2007 SEASON.....

I am sure all our AUTOLANKA Fans will be behind you DARIN.

Great Work. Please do keep all of us Updated on what is your First Race, so that we all can make sure that we are present for the Event to show our Support.

By the way Darin, From my View Subaru Sti 9's are not that MOD freindly, But Evo 9's are. Correct me if i am wrong. So why Choose the Most Difficult Platform of Vehicale to Compete. Just would like to know your Proffesional Opinion.

ALL THE BEST FOR 2007 SEASON.....

Dims i rather be a trend setter than someone who goes with the flow, hence thats why we decided to go with the sti.

machang yes sti is difficult to set up mainly because of tuning the AVCS in the car and that most tuners have developed programmes for the evo and not the sti. Hence when it comes to tuning and running mods evo is the cheaper and more effective option. However if you are willing to spend the money there are tuning companies (zero sports,prodrive,ESX) who have done a lot of work with the new age sti and are making them to be evo beaters.

if you look at the international racing scene such as japan junior touring car (JGTC) ,WRC, Rally cross, subaru s are way ahead of the evo's.

And in standard form the sti 9 spec c is faster than the evo 9 GT.

The problem with SL racing is if someone starts winning with one type of car everyone will just follow thinking its the best.

i have been living with subaru's since the early 90's as my dad was racing them, hence the boxer spirit is in my blood.

STI 8 is about 2 mil cheaper than the sti 9, however the 9 handling is unbelievable.

My appearence in the super car event will depend on how soon i can sell my two impuls (fingers crossed) he he. :D

Edited by darinwrxsti