• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Darin's March

miniace

On the subject of Sti's - couldnt help but post these vids of the late Richard Burns at the Twin Motegi rings in Japan fooling about :lol:

http://www.lumine.net.nyud.net:8080/files/...4095_lumine.mpg

http://www.lumine.net.nyud.net:8080/files/...4096_lumine.mpg

On the topic of late Richard Burns, check out the Impreza RB320 edition Subaru put out in UK in memory of him. Supposed to be packed with some ProDrive goodies too.

IPB Image

Edited by madmax

On the topic of late Richard Burns, check out the Impreza RB320 edition Subaru put out in UK in memory of him. Supposed to be packed with some ProDrive goodies too.

actually OD covered this on his track day with prodrive... very sinister looking machine...

and good luck darin... it's about time someone makes a difference for Subaru :)

Edited by sharkster

Noticed some pics of that March in the M*t*rMag - How on earth do you keep that K11 in control and corner whilst on having 2 wheels for traction?! :blink:

serious skill Darin! :grinning-smiley-043:

he he, machang it looks like skill but put any of you boys in a race situation i m sure you would drive the same way. the weird thing about racing is when your chasing someone u would go to insane limits to beat that person in front but once its over you feel like you shouldnt have driven like that.But at that moment it seems like its not a big deal. i hope you can catch my drift and understand what i m trying to say.

And the 1050 cc modified wont be boring machang i heard rohith de silva has bought a serious engine down so there would be plenty of action, but until my cars are sold i would have no choice but to keep running in those events :(

ah also don't forget the RB5 of which 444 units were made

IPB Image

And u didn't notice this from my pics? :angry:

appologies Peri - i just commented cuz i was reading the mag at the time and made a mental note of it - i recall seeing one wheel off in on of your pics a while back - but this was TWO wheels - so felt it worth of mention :mellow:

actually OD covered this on his track day with prodrive... very sinister looking machine...

and good luck darin... it's about time someone makes a difference for Subaru :)

Yes, it was unveiled in nov 2006 and i was there. Yeah man thats the car to have. It was only 30,000- pounds. Where as the standard one was just 25k. The new owners were gonna get a track day with their RB320's by Prodrive. There are more pics of the car in an old thread.

And the 1050 cc modified wont be boring machang i heard rohith de silva has bought a serious engine down so there would be plenty of action,

Notice how regularly Rohith participated for the last twelve months.So still the event is claimed boring..

Dims i rather be a trend setter than someone who goes with the flow, hence thats why we decided to go with the sti.

machang yes sti is difficult to set up mainly because of tuning the AVCS in the car and that most tuners have developed programmes for the evo and not the sti. Hence when it comes to tuning and running mods evo is the cheaper and more effective option. However if you are willing to spend the money there are tuning companies (zero sports,prodrive,ESX) who have done a lot of work with the new age sti and are making them to be evo beaters.

if you look at the international racing scene such as japan junior touring car (JGTC) ,WRC, Rally cross, subaru s are way ahead of the evo's.

And in standard form the sti 9 spec c is faster than the evo 9 GT.

The problem with SL racing is if someone starts winning with one type of car everyone will just follow thinking its the best.

i have been living with subaru's since the early 90's as my dad was racing them, hence the boxer spirit is in my blood.

STI 8 is about 2 mil cheaper than the sti 9, however the 9 handling is unbelievable.

My appearence in the super car event will depend on how soon i can sell my two impuls (fingers crossed) he he. :D

MMM it seems you have done your homework very well. :) I see a Evo Beater in the Making.

Dont worry Machan you will be able to soon enter this event and we are all behind you Supporting. Supercar event is in Transition and all New Faces are coming wining many events and this happening almost after 7 years. (Like Bangaladesh Beating India ) So its again Great to travel Such Far Distances to watch the Super Car Event.

Check how fast this 2.5 Cosworth Sti is. It Rocks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rlBcqIiNxY

Notice how regularly Rohith participated for the last twelve months.So still the event is claimed boring..

My friend dont you think its your chance ? As dims well said its transistion time. Many things people can change in this world at their choice and skill.

So take the challenge. we all behind you to support as same what everybody do for darin.

(Like Bangaladesh Beating India )

hey brother. Bangladesh did beat India and Aussies sometime back. Its true they have done it in style. but its once in blue moon.

Look how they got hammered yesterday? when master blaster on his full swing they had no idea on winning or even how to survive until he do a silly mistake in the end. This is purely cricket J/K :D

Yo mate.. its the grabbing of an opportunity outa advantagous situation hah ? ;)

i beleive no matter what it is. and can you let others to pass you by moving to side of a track in a race as they are well know to you ? no you cant.

same way. keep one step up and see what you can do on track. :)

hey brother. Bangladesh did beat India and Aussies sometime back. Its true they have done it in style. but its once in blue moon.

Look how they got hammered yesterday? when master blaster on his full swing they had no idea on winning or even how to survive until he do a silly mistake in the end. This is purely cricket J/K :D

i beleive no matter what it is. and can you let others to pass you by moving to side of a track in a race as they are well know to you ? no you cant.

same way. keep one step up and see what you can do on track. :)

O/T Machan i seriously cannot understand what you are trying to say. :) LOL

I never doubt the capability of Sri Lankans Cricketers Bro. Our Guys are very well Talented. Thats why I never compared them with Banagaladesh. LOL

Back to the Topic.

O/T Machan i seriously cannot understand what you are trying to say. :) LOL

I never doubt the capability of Sri Lankans Cricketers Bro. Our Guys are very well Talented. Thats why I never compared them with Banagaladesh. LOL

Back to the Topic.

Dont take it too much as it is fatastic cricket. :)

Lets not hijack this tread with cricket.....

Congratulations Darin,

I am glad somebody is motivated enough to tune a Subaru into a class winning car, with loads of drivers (even Ara) leaving STI's for Evo's

Its much easier to do what everybody else is doing, but if all of us did that, evolutions or progress simply would not take place ;)

And I am sure your Impul's will get picked up pretty soon, and hopefully by some one who would make proper use out of them and put them on the track again,

all the best,

The Don

I am glad somebody is motivated enough to tune a Subaru into a class winning car, with loads of drivers (even Ara) leaving STI's for Evo's

but i saw Mr.Premadsa at the match with the Scooby decked in a very perky Blue & Gold checked livery :lol:

so that shows he'd rather "live" with a Subaru :)

old yes - but that car is still supposedly still nippy :D

Yeah,

The last time I saw him the old scooby was being detuned to run on the road, i dunno if this is the same one, it was painted pink then

I thought with TP tuning his car it was a real shame he decided to go for a Evo, I mean TP must be one of the best Subaru tuners arround SL period.