• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sri Lankans Making Names Abroad

fuzzo

Through we don't know it, there are a few Sri Lankans making names for themselves in the motorworld industry

i have listed 3 of them.. who are the others...

Mani Jayasinge (famous in the supra community) Link

Sriyantha Weerasuria (tuner from TX) just look up his name on the web and you will see all his stuff

dilantha malagamuwa

Through we don't know it, there are a few Sri Lankans making names for themselves in the motorworld industry

i have listed 3 of them.. who are the others...

Mani Jayasinge (famous in the supra community) Link

Sriyantha Weerasuria (tuner from TX) just look up his name on the web and you will see all his stuff

dilantha malagamuwa

Dilantha Malagamuwa was racing in a famous 24Hr Race here in Australia.

http://photo.sohu.com/20050308/Img224588683.jpg

He was racing an awesome machine called the Mosler. Here is a pic of the very car he raced at bathurst after the last corner coming onto the start/finish line:

http://www.asphotos.com.au/samples/mosler.jpg

Unfortunately, I think they were forced out of the race due to car damage.

Another pic of a policeman for fun checking how fast they clock in the massively long 'conrod straight'.

http://www.patrickpearce.com/images/galler...peed_camera.jpg

More pics:

http://images.google.com.au/images?svnum=1...mosler+bathurst

Thats the guy to the right of this pic:

http://www.racingcardriver.com/images/db_mosler201.jpg

Same car but 2002 race

http://www.racingcardriver.com/bathurst/im...t_24hrs_013.jpg

The man again on the left. This was the 2002 race:

http://www.racingcardriver.com/bathurst/im...t_24hrs_025.jpg

More pics of the 2002 race here:

http://www.racingcardriver.com/bathurst/

• 3 weeks later...

Well Ron Atapattu another name to recall!

Ron Atapattu is a race car driver now in USA born on the 28th of September 1956.

In 2003 he has raced in FIA GT Championship, American LeMans Series, Barber Dodge Pro Series and Grand-Am Series, although he had competed in half of the season's races in the latter during 2002. One of the only drivers from the US to compete in the Lamborghini SuperSport Trophy, in the now World famous red, white & blue SVR.

ron24hr0ow.jpg

Thanks for the info Miniace.

Do you know how can I contact Ron Atapattu ????? Do you know his email ?

About Dilantha Malagamuwa, I visit his website and send him a message BUT when I check my email I receive a message of failure of delivery.

So, does anybody here know other way to contact Dilantha Malagamuwa ??

TKS

Thanks for the info Miniace.

Do you know how can I contact Ron Atapattu ????? Do you know his email ?

About Dilantha Malagamuwa, I visit his website and send him a message BUT when I check my email I receive a message of failure of delivery.

So, does anybody here know other way to contact Dilantha Malagamuwa ??

TKS

This was Ron's Email..not sure its still active.

[email protected]

Please let me know the results..can find another email address of Ron's if required.

Cheers!

Hey Miniace,

Dilantha Malagamuwa have replied the email that I send to him.

He told me that he was running in Porsche Carrera Cup Asia in the last 2 years and will run in this year too.

Also he told that will compete at FIA GT World Championship next year.

We talked about his career and about the fact that there isn´t more sinhalse drivers competing on international races like him.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

more about many J..... My Webpage

I just got turned to this site by a friend of mine doing a search under my name.

Great site. I didn't know this site even existed. So nice to see so may Sri Lankans tearing up the roads out there.

Dilan, I'm flattered that you have all those pictures of my car in your site. Been so long sice I've seen some of those pictures.

Mani

Edited by Mani

I just got turned to this site by a friend of mine doing a search under my name.

Great site. I didn't know this site even existed. So nice to see so may Sri Lankans tearing up the roads out there.

Dilan, I'm flattered that you have all those pictures of my car in your site. Been so long sice I've seen some of those pictures.

Mani

Welcome to our small corner of the motoring web, very nice indeed to have you join us....

:alc:

Mani

Hay Mani Welcome Aboard... It's great to have you in AutoLanka. Enjoy your stay.. B)

Mani

hey Mani Great work. Its just nice to know our sri lankans are doing so well all over the world.

keep up the good work

B)

Mani

Hey mani …Welcome Aboard bro…..how are you after long time?... I saw you in grip video with a 300Z… is that yours?....how is your new supra motor? :(

Hey mani …Welcome Aboard bro…..how are you after long time?... I saw you in grip video with a 300Z… is that yours?....how is your new supra motor? ;)

Dillon

The 350Z that I was driving in that video belongs to C-West USA. I was testing the car and it's aero package. I couldn't do anything crazy as you can hear from the in-car footage the owner was my passenger and he was making all kind of noises. I think I scared him a bit though :(;)

As for my "new engine" some of the most bizarre and unheard of things are happening. The things that you would never expect to fail somehow find a way to fail in my Supra. Take a look at the video link below at 3:00 mark. That is a fully built engine with less than 500 miles on it. The bike that I'm racing is a modified GSX-R 1000 in excess off 200 MPH when a 10 cent fuse to my second fuel pump fail. Chase bike is a turbo Hyabusa.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=43...s+of+the+street

Edited by Mani

Dillon

The 350Z that I was driving in that video belongs to C-West USA. I was testing the car and it's aero package. I couldn't do anything crazy as you can hear from the in-car footage the owner was my passenger and he was making all kind of noises. I think I scared him a bit though :D:D

As for my "new engine" some of the most bizarre and unheard of things are happening. The things that you would never expect to fail somehow find a way to fail in my Supra. Take a look at the video link below at 3:00 mark. That is a fully built engine with less than 500 miles on it. The bike that I'm racing is a modified GSX-R 1000 in excess off 200 MPH when a 10 cent fuse to my second fuel pump fail. Chase bike is a turbo Hyabusa.

nice video bro….. but it’s sad to hear about your new engine :( …don’t worry there must be something wrong with the way it was installed but remember a Supra is a Supra ;) … you know why, because i know the taste of it too….. only problem with this car is that i really don’t know how to launch it properly :( …. sometimes it’s ok but sometimes this “SLIP CONT” sign appears on my dash board…as soon as it comes i can’t shift gears ….do u have any idea why? i had a 1993 FD3S…launching vice it’s way better than a supra to me :D ….

Edited by dillongt

Dillon

The 350Z that I was driving in that video belongs to C-West USA. I was testing the car and it's aero package. I couldn't do anything crazy as you can hear from the in-car footage the owner was my passenger and he was making all kind of noises. I think I scared him a bit though :D:D

awesome man....

this is whats called true achivement. by the way i will let you know through email the next couple of races in SL.

nice video bro….. but it’s sad to hear about your new engine ;) …don’t worry there must be something wrong with the way it was installed but remember a Supra is a Supra ;) … you know why, because i know the taste of it too….. only problem with this car is that i really don’t know how to launch it properly :( …. sometimes it’s ok but sometimes this “SLIP CONT” sign appears on my dash board…as soon as it comes i can’t shift gears ….do u have any idea why? i had a 1993 FD3S…launching vice it’s way better than a supra to me :D ….

Dillon,

I'm not sure if the US spec Supra is much different from the J spec Supra. But in mine, one of the first things to come off is the traction control butterfly. That's the second butterfly behind the main one. If you still have your traction control, it may be the culprit.

As far as my engine goes, I'm the only one to blame since I do all the work on the car :D:P

Velocity

Thanks for the e-mail. I'll try to coordinate my next visit to SL so I can catch some local racing actions.

Overdrive, MADZ & SpeedHolic

Thanks!

Mustang,

I'm no expert on the subject but the best bang for the buck on the big V8s is to put some NOS, if you drag race, or do a head and cam package for all around power. A 100 shot of NOS will put a big smile on your face each time you push the button :D:(:(

Mani

Dillon,

I'm not sure if the US spec Supra is much different from the J spec Supra. But in mine, one of the first things to come off is the traction control butterfly. That's the second butterfly behind the main one. If you still have your traction control, it may be the culprit.

hey machan ..yeah i think you are right … i should make some changes in to it… i have some plans to bring the car down here for good….. then you can come here for a visit & give me some advice ….

good to see you on AL. i've been following some of your work for a while now.

and dillon, why would you think of importing your supra to CA. Wouldn't it be cheaper to buy one there?

machan…..it’s too expensive to buy a supra over here and it’s very hard to find a good car :( & most of the cars automatic :o & most of them have very high mileage :P ….god knows why ;) …..

sup1gg1.jpg

sup2gh0.jpg

machan…..it’s too expensive to buy a supra over here and it’s very hard to find a good car :( & most of the cars automatic :o & most of them have very high mileage :P ….god knows why ;) …..

sup1gg1.jpg

sup2gh0.jpg

Yeah, Supras are rediculously expensive over here. How much would it cost to ship yours over here? Do you have to convert it to LHD? When one of my friends bought their cars (Camry and a SUV) over from Bahrain, they were quoted $12k ea. just for the conversion to be 'legal' in the US as far as crash and emissions. They were like "F'THAT!", sent the cars back and bought new ones here for less. Although I have seen a couple RHD cars (Skylines) at the local drag strip with tags.

When I used to work at my first job (as a lube tech), there used to be this fat ugly woman who used to drive a Silver Turbo Supra (which she didn't take good care of) which I used to work on every now and then. I wanted to kill that bitch and get her car ... lol. Some people would give an arm and a leg to get one of them, and she's using it as a daily driver and leaving coffe cups lying in there to spill ... grrrrrr

Edited by Mean Green z28

machan…..it’s too expensive to buy a supra over here and it’s very hard to find a good car :( & most of the cars automatic :angry: & most of them have very high mileage :action-smiley-060: ….god knows why :angry-smiley-024: …..

Machan. Rather than reducing the numbers of Supra in SL.. :lol:

Why can t you consider getting one from the UK?

1) Damn Cheap (Compare to the prices in Canada)

2) More Choices (Colour, Mileage, Specs…you can find a Manual Transmission too)

3) Also you will be saving some from the transportation as well right.

Check the Supra Prices in the UK.

You can get a decent car for less than $15,000 machan.

Edited by Bharath