• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Overhauling

Terabite

hey guys,

Anybody watch Overhauling??? it's on Travel & Living on Dialog TV (CBNsat), the most coolest show ever

Yep i have seen this show, i must say the make over of vehicles is much nicer than what is done on Pimp My ride. PMR sometimes goes overboard with the accesories and paint jobs. :ninja:

I'd shoot the West Coast Customs crew if they got within 10 ft of my car!!!

:angry:

its just ludicrious what they do to those vehicles!!!

the gismos are cool & what all BUT they make a mockery of what the designers intended when they sketched those cars...

& also has anyone wondered if they do anything about the mechinicals on those rust buckets Xibit drags in there??

all that equipment is gonna weigh down the car - so do they do anything abou the suspension?? (..&no those daft hip hop hydaulic nonsense is not what i'm on abt!.. :rolleyes:)

Amen to that brother!! :D

it really is ridiculous to see the crap they put on..... :blink:

However you should watch "Pimp My Ride UK". THEY do a much better job on the vehicles...

Still pretty "bling" but SO much better than the american monstrosities..... they did a Capri that I actually found pretty damned cool B)

West Coast Customs do that as a technology demonstrator, kinda the same concept Dumi##a uses. They only get publicity for all the cost they have to put in for that show, so they make sure it's memorable. And it is working for them. How many more ppl now know about the name West Coast Customs and are aware of the outlandish stuff that u can have in the car?

West Coast Customs do that as a technology demonstrator, kinda the same concept Dumi##a uses. They only get publicity for all the cost they have to put in for that show, so they make sure it's memorable. And it is working for them. How many more ppl now know about the name West Coast Customs and are aware of the outlandish stuff that u can have in the car?

your right about that - they certainly get as much mileage interms of publicity with every car they get! but form a Petrol heads perscpective it makes ones eyes water - & no , not in the good way! :(

in essence all they do is take a gluestick to every single item in the shop and tack it to what ever infernal four wheeled contraption that get hauled in?! :blink:

:unsure: ...um...uh "way ta go WCC!" :rolleyes:

:lol:

Apart from west coast customs i have seen a few episodes where another customisation experts called GAS do all the modifications, these guys were even more explicit and outlandish in the paint jobs and their love for smothering the poor guy's vehicle with LCD screens, green paint and a whole load of bling.

However its a good show to watch and be entertained.

I have watched few episodes of overhaulin and the humourous element are not upto the mark as PMR, however their work and styling of the vehicles are superb.

here is a thought.....why don't someone start a 100% local show? Show people how they can mod their cars using whats available locally?

here is a thought.....why don't someone start a 100% local show? Show people how they can mod their cars using whats available locally?

I did think that it was gonna start but then i guess it would take a bit of time and cash... but then again.. the

autolanka DVD would cover all this aspects yeah? :)

Zz

its an idea but i doubt there enough of a market to make it proffitable to run...

if they spend say 350,000 on full AV , paint rims etc - i doubt the spnsors would be able to make that money back given that you'd wind up having to do a minimum of 20 cars to last an entire season..

the bulk of the ricing & pimping is limited to the Western Province - i doubt there is a market big enough to sustain such a show - or rather anyone bold enough to sponsor...

i dread to think how hideous what they turn out will be... :mellow: the art of sublte beautification on automotives is all but lost when in comes to commercial success of a show of that nature

the gismos are cool & what all BUT they make a mockery of what the designers intended when they sketched those cars...

& also has anyone wondered if they do anything about the mechinicals on those rust buckets Xibit drags in there??

all that equipment is gonna weigh down the car - so do they do anything abou the suspension?? (..&no those daft hip hop hydaulic nonsense is not what i'm on abt!.. :rolleyes:)

:D Hope you saw the episode where they fixed a fish tank for a Mitsubishi Miraj

Dude,

Did u watch last night's program... the work they did on the Chrysler??

yes i did.. to be honest i prefer the original way it was.. the Black Paint... but the MODs were cool, the stereo was also good... & the wheels man.... way beyond ... we can't even dream of those wheels on these roads...

does anyone know of a torrent or link where i can find "Overhauling" to download pls? :huh:

Not sure.. if i get one you will be the first to know :jumping-smiley-013:

yes i did.. to be honest i prefer the original way it was.. the Black Paint... but the MODs were cool, the stereo was also good... & the wheels man.... way beyond ... we can't even dream of those wheels on these roads...

Not sure.. if i get one you will be the first to know :jumping-smiley-013:

Yeah, the hood was a bit over worked with the colored design. Wheels were beautiful though... and the supercharger..

Have any one of you guys traveled on Duplication road lately.... it is in a very bad state..! :o Unless you're driving a rally car.

Yeah, the hood was a bit over worked with the colored design. Wheels were beautiful though... and the supercharger..

Oh yeah i forgot about the supercharge... bit too much for a mother of two.. more like the guy will be driving it....

Have any one of you guys traveled on Duplication road lately.... it is in a very bad state..! :o Unless you're driving a rally car.

no not yet...

does anyone know of a torrent or link where i can find "Overhauling" to download pls? :huh:

dude.. check your mail

they did a Capri that I actually found pretty damned cool B)

I actually wanted to mention it... that was some real nice work. I also think the UK version does a better job.

It's the worst main road ever in CMB, sadly I have to drive on that every single day.

& watch out for cops with speed guns on the Thurstan Road..