• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Recomend A Good Guy To Tune My Car

Terabite

Question

18 answers to this question

thanks dude

hey i got da same problem on ma grand civic recently...well actually luks like it's da opposite.....i need to rev 2 abt 2-3k to get ma car to move.....pick up has dropped too on da lower revs, n' also da engine feels very smooth even on da higher revs...ne ideas as to what's goin on....nt sure if this is actually a tunin issue....

hey i got da same problem on ma grand civic recently...well actually luks like it's da opposite.....i need to rev 2 abt 2-3k to get ma car to move.....pick up has dropped too on da lower revs, n' also da engine feels very smooth even on da higher revs...ne ideas as to what's goin on....nt sure if this is actually a tunin issue....

Contact Upul @ malabe. he will solve any type of issue.

take it to zakie... he is familiar with your car...

Thank god al of these are not advertising....huh guys?

Anyway i have never taken the car for tuning other than Staffords and im quiet happy with it. But after the header convo the car is to taken to another guy (quiet decent joint).

Thank god al of these are not advertising....huh guys?

Anyway i have never taken the car for tuning other than Staffords and im quiet happy with it. But after the header convo the car is to taken to another guy (quiet decent joint).

Zackie advertises on autoLanka.com so it is okay to advertise his services on the forums. Any other questions u'd like clarified? :rolleyes:

Edited by Pericles

whats a 'sudden rpm loss' ??

Normally my car is around 1000 RPM on Idle.. After acceleration & released of pedal the RPM drops to almost less than 200 RMP.. Then the car starts to knock… this does not happen always..

Took the car to Zakie… looks like I have some electrical issue.. once I get that rectified he said he will have a look,

what is the cost of a tuneup?

Since u gotta EG8 and Vtec...u should check the ECU condition and Air Fuel Mixture ratios...jus take it to staffords and meet Dinanjaya thier...he will do a PGM test and diagnos the ECU condition and will troubleshoot if found any....

Jus check whether cam and crank sensors are doing ok or not....

Since u gotta EG8 and Vtec...u should check the ECU condition and Air Fuel Mixture ratios...jus take it to staffords and meet Dinanjaya thier...he will do a PGM test and diagnos the ECU condition and will troubleshoot if found any....

Jus check whether cam and crank sensors are doing ok or not....

For tune up prices

Zackie - 6500

Stafords - 3k to 6k (PGM test can be done for free depending on the Repair)

Upul - 3k to 3.5K

Once I had a idle issue in my corolla 121 due to bad fuel. Toyota recommended a throttle body cleanup. After throttle clean it was ok. If your car comes with variable timing. There is nothing much you can do in tune ups. Cos most ECU's are non-programmable. If you know how to do it, clean the spark plugs, get the plug clearance for your vehicle from the internet (mostly its little less than 1mm) and check whether its ok. remove the throttle body and clean it. change the air filter if necessary, clean the MAF sensor etc. If the problem still there, then go for a tune up to get a proper testing done. All the above cleaning stuffs are easy and you can do it at home....... ! Spark plugs and throttle: use a throttle body cleaner and very soft wire brush or a tooth brush. MAF: Use a contact cleaner (some uses throttle cleaner for this but its too harsh for this purpose)