• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Fuel Economy On Nissan Fb-13

all75

have any idea of the fuel consumption of Nissan fb-13 1.5l engine, mine is worst and not doing than 6 kmpl in city rides. pls advise me...........

Sounds like a Carb Engine. 6 Sounds normal for the carb version. If you don't want to spend much, a good tune up will help a bit.

If you have an EFi, get a 3M cleanup done (Assuming your filters plugs etc are ok).

We did a few Carb to Efi conversions (again not too expensive) which worked out very well.

i owned a 91' 1.5L carb FB-13... if your carb is in bad shape you'll have to expect 6-7km/l... but a tune up should get you 9-10 in traffic... very powerful engine as old as it is...

Hi Shakir,

thks for your reply, my one is also a carb type and done over 150k according to the meter, what is the ideal place to get tuned the carb. should go for agents????

Sounds like a Carb Engine. 6 Sounds normal for the carb version. If you don't want to spend much, a good tune up will help a bit.

If you have an EFi, get a 3M cleanup done (Assuming your filters plugs etc are ok).

We did a few Carb to Efi conversions (again not too expensive) which worked out very well.

hi Malindu,

thks for your reply, what will be the cost for EFI conversion, is there any major changes like electronic part replacements? and what is the fuel consumption in EFI engine? pls reply.

hi Malindu,

thks for your reply, what will be the cost for EFI conversion, is there any major changes like electronic part replacements? and what is the fuel consumption in EFI engine? pls reply.

• 3 months later...

I owned a B 13 for about 2 years and was able to make about 10km in city limits and up to 12-15 kmpl in outstations. Try the following

1. Clean and tune ur Carburetor

2. Change plugs

have any idea of the fuel consumption of Nissan fb-13 1.5l engine, mine is worst and not doing than 6 kmpl in city rides. pls advise me...........

If you have carb, check plugs, do tune up..

if efi check the sensors, etc..

Aside from those.. probably the biggest thing you can do is change the way you drive... : drive more conservatively, avoid extreme acceleration, jackrabbit starts etc.. :)

If you have carb, check plugs, do tune up..

if efi check the sensors, etc..

Aside from those.. probably the biggest thing you can do is change the way you drive... : drive more conservatively, avoid extreme acceleration, jackrabbit starts etc.. :)

Saturn is dead right,

The most important is the way you drive (Event if it is Manual or Auto transmission). Always b cool when u drive a Sunny. Remember Sunny is not sporty at all. It’s a gentlemen’s car.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...