• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda 323 Fuel Consumption

pax

Question

Hi

I got a unregistered Mazda 323, Auto 1.6cc engine and the fuel consumption is around 8 Km per litre. Is there a way I can improve on this ? Do I need a engine tune up, If so any good places I can go to. Is CarMart Recomennded ? How about Mag city ?

/Pax

8 answers to this question

Hi

I got a unregistered Mazda 323, Auto 1.6cc engine and the fuel consumption is around 8 Km per litre. Is there a way I can improve on this ? Do I need a engine tune up, If so any good places I can go to. Is CarMart Recomennded ? How about Mag city ?

/Pax

Dude,

Do not go to either of the places you've mentioned... I've got a manual version, 2001 with 1.5cc engine. Mine does bout 9 max in Colombo. but depends on the driving..

There's a guy in Pepiliyana who specialized in Mazda's. You may try him, if you wish to.

Dude,

Do not go to either of the places you've mentioned... I've got a manual version, 2001 with 1.5cc engine. Mine does bout 9 max in Colombo. but depends on the driving..

There's a guy in Pepiliyana who specialized in Mazda's. You may try him, if you wish to.

I agree - don't take it to those places...... If you want go to DPMC and give it to them a full mechanical service including cleaning , removal of carbon etc… and tuning would be around Rs.7000/-

The Guy in Papiliyana is recommended for all repairs, however since this is EFI he will not be able to tune as such as u need a computer & software to diagnose it.

I got a 1.6 Manual and it does about 7.8- 8.2 as well and wanted to do a check but the guys at DPMC said it was normal and that would be the rate – Any 1 out there with a manual 1.6 L with info on fuel consumption ?

You could look at putting a new set of plugs ( if it’s a re con, ) and a new filter – Check with A*s*r* Motors for plugs and filter – then you know when to change the plugs and stuff- stick with NGK

Congrats on the purchase & welcome to the Mazda Family…. ( if this is your first Mazda)

Cheers and happy driving

:D

Hi

/Pax

Real name wouldn't be Upake, would it? :)

Real name wouldn't be Upake, would it? :)

Yup yup man its me :)

I agree - don't take it to those places...... If you want go to DPMC and give it to them a full mechanical service including cleaning , removal of carbon etc… and tuning would be around Rs.7000/-

The Guy in Papiliyana is recommended for all repairs, however since this is EFI he will not be able to tune as such as u need a computer & software to diagnose it.

I got a 1.6 Manual and it does about 7.8- 8.2 as well and wanted to do a check but the guys at DPMC said it was normal and that would be the rate – Any 1 out there with a manual 1.6 L with info on fuel consumption ?

You could look at putting a new set of plugs ( if it’s a re con, ) and a new filter – Check with A*s*r* Motors for plugs and filter – then you know when to change the plugs and stuff- stick with NGK

Congrats on the purchase & welcome to the Mazda Family…. ( if this is your first Mazda)

Cheers and happy driving

:D

Hi dude, thnx... I really like this mazda.... I ve been driving a nissan for years and now I can feel the difference, Btw where is this pepliyana guy, any contact details ? DPMC is david peries right ??? Are they in bataramulla ?

Thanks

Pax

How many nuts could there be who call themselves Pax? :rolleyes: Alright bro, we'll hook u up. Gimme a sec to get the wheels spinning on this.

BTW, hope u still have the Rustler ;)

Yeah man My Nitro Rustler is lying around but... No fuel :S ....

Yup yup man its me :)

Hi dude, thnx... I really like this mazda.... I ve been driving a nissan for years and now I can feel the difference, Btw where is this pepliyana guy, any contact details ? DPMC is david peries right ??? Are they in bataramulla ?

Thanks

Pax

U poor fellow - :( driving a Nissan all these year…. ( :D Kidding man…… well the Skyline., primera and other high end are fun but the standard ones are crap – My mother drives a Nissan and I hate to take it out :blink: )

Well I said welcome already and glad to see another member to the Mazda family….. been a keen enthusiast & loyalist for Mazda …

DPMC is David P – located at Colombo 2 near Arpico give them a call and u can get an appointment- the other dude is In piliyandala – drop me a mail then I shall give you the full info as I can’t advertise names on this forum. [email protected]

Cheers

DPMC is at hyde park next to arpico....

i have a 1500 auto and i'm only getting around 7. so i think this may be the normal mileage on it...

i gave up trying to get better mileage and just drive it now :)

Hay Fuzzo - were you the 1 who got a break upgrade done ? Some 1 here has got it done on a mazda I was told..... ?????