• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Purchase Advise???

welcome

Question

Hi friends,

I 'm interested in Ford laser car but do not know much abt it(Year 99/2000 model)

I want to know its pros & cons and is it wise to choose it over a Japanese car in the same rice range (Rs 1.4 mil) ?

Yr advise is much appreciated and tks in advance. :P

7 answers to this question

Hi friends,

I 'm interested in Ford laser car but do not know much abt it(Year 99/2000 model)

I want to know its pros & cons and is it wise to choose it over a Japanese car in the same rice range (Rs 1.4 mil) ?

Yr advise is much appreciated and tks in advance. :P

The Ford Laser is also a Japanese car..... only issue would be that spares would be a little more rare and therefore more expensive than the equivalent Mazda 323. Mechanicals and performance are pretty good and the 1300 model very economical too.

The Ford Laser is also a Japanese car..... only issue would be that spares would be a little more rare and therefore more expensive than the equivalent Mazda 323. Mechanicals and performance are pretty good and the 1300 model very economical too.

Adding to this the body parts such as lights may be a bit hard to find but the Mechanical stuff are relatively cheap as it's the same as Mazda.

A 1.6 has good pulling power but fuel consumption is a bit high. An auto 1.6 which belonged to a friend did about 8. per Liter but dammm that thing fly’s.......

Over all a very exciting car... to drive..... can get most of the parts from A*s#r$ motors and there's a good mechanic who’s an expert on Fords and Mazda's ........

All the best on your purchase

Tks 4 yr fast reply.

Oh...I did n't know its JApanese. :(

Still searching for a decent car.Had seen few in week end but asking bit high. :blink:

Will update you in the process.

Tks again.,

it's a good choice, go for it.. :grinning-smiley-003: If u can get your hand on the 1.6 manual version, it'll do a bit better on fuel, and faster too.

it's a good choice, go for it.. :grinning-smiley-003: If u can get your hand on the 1.6 manual version, it'll do a bit better on fuel, and faster too.

Hi Bugatti

When U say better on fuel around what rates are you talking- I'm a bit confused - When I spoke to DPMC they said It was normal for a 1.6 to do 7.8 to 8.0 per L

Is there something wrong ? I've put new plugs abt 4 months ago and got the throttle body cleaned as well..... new filter put in when I changed- a VIC

Would appreciate any info if you got any....

Cheers...

Hi Bugatti

When U say better on fuel around what rates are you talking- I'm a bit confused - When I spoke to DPMC they said It was normal for a 1.6 to do 7.8 to 8.0 per L

Is there something wrong ? I've put new plugs abt 4 months ago and got the throttle body cleaned as well..... new filter put in when I changed- a VIC

Would appreciate any info if you got any....

Cheers...

I was replying to guy who said he got a 1.6cc automatic...

The manual 1.6cc would do a bit better on fuel compared to the auto..

But if you got a 1.6 manual that does 8 per L, you should be happy.. it's got power..

Is yours a maroon 323 sedan?