• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hill Climbs On Next Weekend 7th & 8th April

Grand Civic

Bt the new Evo X will release in 2008 right ? <_< Anyway i think Evo X will be a Technologie Showcase with many new features including S-AWC (Super All-Wheel Control) Active Yaw Control (AYC), Active Center Differential (ACD), Stability Control (ASC), Active suspension (S-AWC), and myriad electronic sensors, The sad thing is Evo X will 200 pounds heavier then the previous car and 60 mph in less than 4.5 seconds that time is even slower than the old Evo3 :(

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well the conditions were overcast for much of the weekend which surely affected track temperatures. If it had been a little warmer and sunnier, Nishan would have been a lot faster. Lots of other factors matter as well, such as how long you have to sit at the starting line before your run. Usually you come to the dummy grid with some heat in the tires but if for some reason the yellow flags are still up, then you have to just kick it at the start and lose some heat. Super softs heat up much faster than other tires but they still work at their optimum only when they're very hot.

Bt the new Evo X will release in 2008 right ? <_< Anyway i think Evo X will be a Technologie Showcase with many new features including S-AWC (Super All-Wheel Control) Active Yaw Control (AYC), Active Center Differential (ACD), Stability Control (ASC), Active suspension (S-AWC), and myriad electronic sensors, The sad thing is Evo X will 200 pounds heavier then the previous car and 60 mph in less than 4.5 seconds that time is even slower than the old Evo3 :(

well despite weight increase it's new aluminum engine is better/more powerful for the standard car which is expected to be 320 ponies compare that to the 270-300 ponies of the evo9 standard cars... (i am not talking about the aftermarket tuned versions like FQ series which do not comply with emission standards)...

further more the new engine is located lower and further back to improve handling... but i know that the extra weight is gonna have big negative impact despite all that :(

bdw Gihan i am sure the evo3 standard cars take more than 4.5 seconds to go 0-60mph

Well the conditions were overcast for much of the weekend which surely affected track temperatures. If it had been a little warmer and sunnier, Nishan would have been a lot faster. Lots of other factors matter as well, such as how long you have to sit at the starting line before your run. Usually you come to the dummy grid with some heat in the tires but if for some reason the yellow flags are still up, then you have to just kick it at the start and lose some heat. Super softs heat up much faster than other tires but they still work at their optimum only when they're very hot.

I heard nw all cars are running on 95octain :blink: cus LTTE used 100oct for their plance to bomb Katunayakan and nw petroleum is not issuing 100oct is it true ?

well despite weight increase it's new aluminum engine is better/more powerful for the standard car which is expected to be 320 ponies compare that to the 270-300 ponies of the evo9 standard cars... (i am not talking about the aftermarket tuned versions like FQ series which do not comply with emission standards)...

further more the new engine is located lower and further back to improve handling... but i know that the extra weight is gonna have big negative impact despite all that :(

bdw Gihan i am sure the evo3 standard cars take more than 4.5 seconds to go 0-60mph

yes i made a mistake according to wiki Evo III 0-60mph in 4.9secs, and yes everyone is worring abt the weight issue. bt its a lovely car isnt it

Edited by GihanFX

Yes, the octane was another issue. Due to the lack of fresh Avgas, lots of guys ran old Avgas that was sitting in their cars for a while. And as you guys will know, the longer you keep Avgas, the octane point level drops. Turbo cars especially need high octane gas and this hurt lots of drivers.

<_< Anyway i think Evo X will be a Technologie Showcase with many new features including S-AWC (Super All-Wheel Control) Active Yaw Control (AYC), Active Center Differential (ACD), Stability Control (ASC), Active suspension (S-AWC), and myriad electronic sensors,

AYC and diff control are nothing new are they?? but improved !! :action-smiley-060:

Evo 9 handling, cornering is very much better than the 8. The yaw control itself is better.Should make a considerable difference in terms of balance transfer in hill climb conditions. Next year i'm sure he will leave a bigger margin.

AYC and diff control are nothing new are they?? but improved !! :action-smiley-060:

Evo 9 handling, cornering is very much better than the 8. The yaw control itself is better.Should make a considerable difference in terms of balance transfer in hill climb conditions. Next year i'm sure he will leave a bigger margin.

Not sure Improved or not bt S-AWC is new right ?

AYC Automatic Yaw Control made its debut with Evo IV in summer of 96

That would be active yaw control. and the S-AWC is also an advancement/variation or supplimental system of the AYC. also to do with suspension set up that maximises car control and grip. like centre diff adjusting torque to front and rear wheels, this controls/adjusts torque to all for wheels independent of each other. very clever stuff.

Edited by Overdrive

I'm sure there were a lot of factors involved in his time that day. As Evilmak pointed out, I was just giving him a hard time for no reason... even though he's not on the forum :lol:

As far as the Evo IX vs X comment, didn't mean to open a can of worms. But I wouldn't be surprised if the X is going to turn out to be something like the GT-R. Great performance, great handling, but a little too chubby for some things.

As far as the Evo IX vs X comment, didn't mean to open a can of worms. But I wouldn't be surprised if the X is going to turn out to be something like the GT-R. Great performance, great handling, but a little too chubby for some things.

we can only hope that there will be stripped down versions of EVOX that focus totally on performance (trim all refinement/comfort gizmos)... and then be hold when you start modifying this 2liter engine producing 320 ponies whilst complying with strict emission rules... imagine what this engine is capable of when emission rules and etc are overlooked!!!

Ajith Hemachandra set a new record for Group SL-N Mini - upto 1000 cc at Radella. His timing 47.24 a near 2 seconds ahead of the next.

WAG Rangana set another record in Group SL-N Ford Laser / Mazda upto 1500 cc.Pasindu Peiris in

Group SL-H upto 1600 cc set the other record of the day.

Dilesh, Nishan is in his Late 30's.

We need to be proud of this bugger cos he is the Best Driver in the Hills. I am sure the fella will Kick Ass when he gets down his Evo X.

By the way Nishan is a Pilot Too..... :D

Edited by Velocity

Hey,

Just wondering. how old is Nishan Weerasooriya? I've never seen him, but have been a fan of his driving

He is a Naaki bugger. once you see him you might not be much more of a fan. :)

Dilesh, Nishan is in his Late 30's.

We need to be proud of this bugger cos he is the Best Driver in the Hills. I am sure the fella will Kick Ass when he gets down his Evo X.

By the way Nishan is a Pilot Too..... :D

Thanks!!! That aint old... :D

and a pilot too!! dam my repect for him just went up another notch!

I dont know why, but as exams get closer i seem to be spending more and more time on Autolanka :o Ay Karamba!

Honestly i cant seem to picture a evoX in the WRC. it just doesnt seem all that 'Rally-ish'.. but thats just me...

Thanks!!! That aint old... :D

and a pilot too!! dam my repect for him just went up another notch!

I dont know why, but as exams get closer i seem to be spending more and more time on Autolanka :o Ay Karamba!

Honestly i cant seem to picture a evoX in the WRC. it just doesnt seem all that 'Rally-ish'.. but thats just me...

yah EVO X is too bulky for such application... but EVOx will be good enough for races in SL ;)

Its not like the Evo 10 or whatever will have anything to do with the WRC car. The privateer car that Toni Gardemeister runs now, for example, is just known as a Lancer WRC, and has no Evo denomination like 7, 8, 9, or 10. The road cars stopped having much to do with the WRC cars when Mitsubishi moved on from Group A to WRC rules, somewhere around when the Evo 7 came out I believe.

Until then, they were the last manufacturer running a full WRC programme under Group A, which is why they HAD to make at least 2,500 road-going Evolutions, in order to meet homologation requirements. Under WRC rules you only have to make 50 numbers, all of which are snapped up by privateers and such around the world.

AAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA :lol::lol::lol:

Machang you're hilarious. Late 30's my ass.

LOL....

Ok ok, but lets not call him too OLD.

Its not like the Evo 10 or whatever will have anything to do with the WRC car. The privateer car that Toni Gardemeister runs now, for example, is just known as a Lancer WRC, and has no Evo denomination like 7, 8, 9, or 10. The road cars stopped having much to do with the WRC cars when Mitsubishi moved on from Group A to WRC rules, somewhere around when the Evo 7 came out I believe.

Until then, they were the last manufacturer running a full WRC programme under Group A, which is why they HAD to make at least 2,500 road-going Evolutions, in order to meet homologation requirements. Under WRC rules you only have to make 50 numbers, all of which are snapped up by privateers and such around the world.

Very Good Point of View... ;)