• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bmw Opens Plant In India

Lalithster

Doesn't 60% Duty on cars just sound like peanuts from where we stand?

i doubt this is the case milindu. India is notorious for high import duty. the same strategy used to protect the local industries/product from foreign threats. they have such a close economy its tight as the hole in the backside lol

i recently read in an article that foreign investors are only allowed to have a maximum of 49% of a company in India and foreign air line carries are banned from have any stake at all on a domestic Indian air line carrier. An area Branson himself with all his diplomatic connections has failed to break through.

Hey common, Indian company buying Jaguar and Landrover, the Plant has to go to India!!! :angry-smiley-048:

Oh man, there goes the my dream of having a Jack :mellow:

Hey common, Indian company buying Jaguar and Landrover, the Plant has to go to India!!! :angry-smiley-048:

if i were you i won't use the word 'has to'. IF IWS reached an agreement to set up an assembly plant in SL this was done way before TATA took over the company (acquisition is not finalized yet). unlike election promises its not that easy to get out of a legally binded contract. but this of course depend on the terms and conditions of the agreement.

if i were you i won't use the word 'has to'. IF IWS reached an agreement to set up an assembly plant in SL this was done way before TATA took over the company (acquisition is not finalized yet). unlike election promises its not that easy to get out of a legally binded contract. but this of course depend on the terms and conditions of the agreement.

Hey common, I just told it on the lighter side,

BTW, the TATA-Ford deal is 90% through, Tata has got it!!!

I'm assuming it (BM's) wont look like crappy marutis here after :angry-smiley-048:. Common guys these are all Assembly plants. if not for this stupid war, we might also in this situ for sure. just look at locally assembled Rexton SUVs, i cant see any difference between the Korean one and Locally assembled one. our guys can do that as well. at least better than this Chappathi buggers. :action-smiley-060:

I feel the Sri Lankan market is far too small for a manufacturer to set up a plant. The numbers just don't add up yet. Maybe when our economy takes off proper more folk will be able to afford a car. For now only a CKD type operation will makes sense as the Micro/Ssangyong out fit has shown.

The Jaguar plant will also be something like this I think. But like someone mentioned it will be interesting to see what will happen when the control of Jaguar goes to Tata.