• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

20,000 Duty Free Permits On The Cards???

Hola

The greatest automative nation in the world - Sri Lanka :D and the lovely goverment which is has a very small cabinet has decided to gazet release of 20,000 duty free permits. I saw this in a Sinhala newspaper. Petrol with 25% off whilst Diesel with 40% off for 20,000 goverment servents.

Guys please make ready the cakes and gifts and meet your friedly goverment servent next door and talk out a duty free permit today!

The greatest automative nation in the world - Sri Lanka :D and the lovely goverment which is has a very small cabinet has decided to gazet release of 20,000 duty free permits. I saw this in a Sinhala newspaper. Petrol with 25% off whilst Diesel with 40% off for 20,000 goverment servents.

Guys please make ready the cakes and gifts and meet your friedly goverment servent next door and talk out a duty free permit today!

Finally... I was waiting for this..Anybody want one?

Edited by madmax

Petrol with 25% off whilst Diesel with 40% off for 20,000 goverment servents.

machan does that mean you have to pay 175 % tax on the vehicle (40% of 350% for Diesels) or 310% (40% off on tax) ?? :huh:

also have they put any limitations on class of vehicle - ex: 2000cc max for diesels etc

or is it open so that any vehicle can be brought down

need more details!!! :huh:

(...this had better noe be an april fools joke <_<)

DevZ i saw this in a sinhala paper while i was cuting my hair today. Im not so sure of the terms. But can someone set up me one too? And when we say goverment servents does teachers count too?

i think there are certain levels of civil servants who qualifies for the permit....not sure who its classified-but otherwise even the clark at the katcheri will get!!! :lol: -but don't mind if they do that even - then deffa there'll be permits on sale everywhere!!! :D

What will you get if you got your hands on a 1500cc permit?

hmmm thats actually an excellent question bro....

....gotta put some thought into it.... :unsure:

...kanaawata if they allow an Rx8,then that...but its actually quite hard to think of anything which fits into that bracket which is desirable...must think...

ah a TOYOTA PRIUS perhaps :)

Edited by Devinda_Z

hmmm thats actually an excellent question bro....

....gotta put some thought into it.... :unsure:

...kanaawata if they allow an Rx8,then that...but its actually quite hard to think of anything which fits into that bracket which is desirable...must think...

ah a TOYOTA PRIUS perhaps :)

:lol: u wil get a kane shot for asking a RX8. Prius is a good option. Ok, dont laugh but i am going to get a HRV only issue is that HRV is 1.6

i'm jus thinking hola-very few cars that are worth using a permit to buy exist in that cyclinder capacity

but i just thought of one

a WESTFIELD MEGABUSA :D

IPB Image

no no, good. but how will we find one? Will Japan have?

ne idea on how much this permit will cost? sounds gud can i get one as well?...may be i can get ma dad 2 switch da 121, 4 a allion A15....

cant think of ne 1500cc sports cars at da mo....dunno even if there any....or else i could get somethin..... :(

Edited by speeddemon200

no no, good. but how will we find one? Will Japan have?

well oddly enough we actually do have one of these here!!!!!!! :o ...well its smaller siblling at least! :D - one of the Cooke Bro.'s used to run an Orange colour WESTFIELD MEGA-BLADE

all these cars are baed on the Lotus/Caterham7 with CBR Fireblade engine in this case :) -hence the name "Mega-Blade"

Wonder if they still race that car...? :huh: it was brought in kit form and locally assembled about 5 years back if my memory serves me right... should be running a WP-G_ series plate

Hi MadMax,

Noticed that you had adv'ed both your babies in todays paper - result of permits or migration ?

Cheers,

MadMMX.

Got some transfers to our US office coming my way... so trying to clear up the garage before that...

ne idea on how much this permit will cost? sounds gud can i get one as well?...may be i can get ma dad 2 switch da 121, 4 a allion A15....

cant think of ne 1500cc sports cars at da mo....dunno even if there any....or else i could get somethin..... :(

Machang, its like this. These will be for goverment employees. And if you are one you can get it or if not then you will have to give someone you know some money in change of the permit. The car will be under his name for 5 years. Actulay Fuzzo will know more info on the legel side of it. Im just down listing the G-employees i know :D

So there is Mr.Perera, Mr.Amarathunga,Mrs.Navarathne etc etc

Ok,

Just curious as to why you would part with the 320d - you must have put in a lotta work and tlc into that one ?

Cheers,

MadMMX

a tad OT, but whats MadMax's other car? i knew he had a 320d, i thought you sold the other 320 u had before u bought this (red) one

well oddly enough we actually do have one of these here!!!!!!! :o ...well its smaller siblling at least! :D - one of the Cooke Bro.'s used to run an Orange colour WESTFIELD MEGA-BLADE

Wonder if they still race that car...? :huh: it was brought in kit form and locally assembled about 5 years back if my memory serves me right... should be running a WP-G_ series plate

these cars are still in the country but they are not raced anymore since the specials class was removed. now they are just sunday drivers for some....

these cars are still in the country but they are not raced anymore since the specials class was removed. now they are just sunday drivers for some....

hmmm interesting...wonder if that Westfield will ever get on the market? :huh: any clue as to what the market prices are like?

Fuzzo are there any other cars like that kit cars like the in the country?