• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Best Diesel Suv For Permit

madmax

Best Diesel SUV for Duty Free Permit  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Vote for your choice

• Hyundai Tucson 2.0l Diesel
    • Hyundai SantaFe 2.2l Diesel
    • Mitsubishi Motero 2.8 Diesel
    • Mitsubishi Montero sport 2.5l Diesel
    • Nissan Xtrail 2.2l Diesel
    • Toyota Prado 2.8l Diesel

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You might be able to get Sunny 1.3 or Corolla 1.3 petrol

Hilux diesel is available and price will be around 3-3.5 Mil, Unimo hasn't finalized the Mitsubishi prices yet.

I talked to the one of Car sale guy, He's saying that We dont have to take what Toyota lanka Import.If we have some one who can shipped a brand new car from japan, we can Import it through Toyota Lanka.We just have to Register through toyota lanka.

Is this true?

If it is we can reduce the Toyota lanka Commission right? :violent-smiley-099: There will be only the CIF & Government commission. :)

Any Idea when the Toyota Lanka is going to Finalise there offer? ;)

I talked to the one of Car sale guy, He's saying that We dont have to take what Toyota lanka Import.If we have some one who can shipped a brand new car from japan, we can Import it through Toyota Lanka.We just have to Register through toyota lanka.

Is this true?

If it is we can reduce the Toyota lanka Commission right? :violent-smiley-099: There will be only the CIF & Government commission. :)

I doubt that the information you've got is correct. Coz, In*** Traders told me that I have no option but to get the car from agents. Also Toyota Lanka's comission is the lowest, only 150K.

I doubt that the information you've got is correct. Coz, In*** Traders told me that I have no option but to get the car from agents. Also Toyota Lanka's comission is the lowest, only 150K.

Hey, If toyota Lanka Commission is 150K. The price of the Corolla 121 1.3 Should be =

CIF 11500$(Rs.1288000)+Government Tax 25%(Rs.322000) + Toyota Lanka Commision (Rs.150000) = Rs.1760000

BUT they are saying it's abt 2Mil. Then how come they are onlt keeping 150K as there commison?

The 25 % tax of the CIF value mentioned in the circular is only the percentages of duty and vat. Apart from that there's a cluase saying other taxes will be applicable, meaning endless taxes like port levy/ social reponsibilty tax will be added on top of this.

For the diesel 2.8 ltr category the addition of the total taxes will be around 112.5% of the CIF value. Also keep in mind the normal duty for a diesel vehicle is around 300%.

I would say the government has given the permit just for the sake of giving. They haven't paid attention to whether average person can afford it or not.

This must be because Toyota Lanka is owned by Toyota itself, am I correct ?

The 25 % tax of the CIF value mentioned in the circular is only the percentages of duty and vat. Apart from that there's a cluase saying other taxes will be applicable, meaning endless taxes like port levy/ social reponsibilty tax will be added on top of this.

For the diesel 2.8 ltr category the addition of the total taxes will be around 112.5% of the CIF value. Also keep in mind the normal duty for a diesel vehicle is around 300%.

I would say the government has given the permit just for the sake of giving. They haven't paid attention to whether average person can afford it or not.

Oh god y this sh.... government issued this dam Permit???

Oh god y this sh.... government issued this dam Permit???

Best thing is be satisfied with what they gave, you don't always get the best things in life. That's life!

Best thing is be satisfied with what they gave, you don't always get the best things in life. That's life!

I don't want the best, But we even cannot buy the next one to the best. :jumping-smiley-013: Did any other agents offer there prices(Except toyota lanka)? :action-smiley-060:

I dont want to buy the best, but the average good 1!!!

Did other agents came up with there offers? (Exept Toyota Lanka)

Hey Guys,

I got the prices of the Toyota Vehicles for the permit.One of my friend @ toyota lanka fax it to me. It will be on news papers soon.

Toyota Yaris sedan 1.3 = 19-21 K's

Yaris Hutch Back 1.3 = 19-21K's

Avanza 1.3 = 17-18k's

Hilux 4wd 2.5 = 39-41k's :violent-smiley-030:

Hilux 2.5 2wd =32-34k's.

said that there is problem with Corolla 121 & it will also announced soon.

Any one knw abt any thing from other agents. :unsure:

Hey Guys,

I got the prices of the Toyota Vehicles for the permit.One of my friend @ toyota lanka fax it to me. It will be on news papers soon.

Toyota Yaris sedan 1.3 = 19-21 K's

Yaris Hutch Back 1.3 = 19-21K's

Avanza 1.3 = 17-18k's

Hilux 4wd 2.5 = 39-41k's :violent-smiley-030:

Hilux 2.5 2wd =32-34k's.

said that there is problem with Corolla 121 & it will also announced soon.

Any one knw abt any thing from other agents. :unsure:

Thats funny, both hatch and tghe sedan going at same price??? :o

The Reason the Corolla was not advertised is cause they are planning to offer the new version and it still has not been launched

According to sources they will launch the 2007 Corolla Axio (NZE 141)

IPB Image

Edited by madmax

Any one knw abt the Toyota Avanza? Is it fuel efficient? 2nd hand market? etc?

Avanza is a pretty decent vehicle. The 1.3 VVTi engine manages to haul the load, has dual A/C and is reasonably comfortable. I was impressed with the rear seats which although are not full size but offer just enough space/leg space for the average Sri Lankan (big improvement from the SUV jump seats).

Haven't done a fuel test but going by all things VVTi from the Yaris to the Camry it should give decent fuel figures.

Second hand will depend on the recons coming in. We should see Singapore imports coming in soon.

My bets are on the Yaris which will take the place of the Corolla as the new Corolla (Axio) is expected to be priced in the 4.5 mil range.

I was impressed with the rear seats which although are not full size but offer just enough space/leg space for the average Sri Lankan (big improvement from the SUV jump seats).

And u know this is true coz there is a pic of Milindu personally testing the rear seats at the launch :P

I'll let y'all find it, its on my site.

Edited by Pericles

Avanza is a pretty decent vehicle. The 1.3 VVTi engine manages to haul the load, has dual A/C and is reasonably comfortable. I was impressed with the rear seats which although are not full size but offer just enough space/leg space for the average Sri Lankan (big improvement from the SUV jump seats).

Haven't done a fuel test but going by all things VVTi from the Yaris to the Camry it should give decent fuel figures.

Second hand will depend on the recons coming in. We should see Singapore imports coming in soon.

My bets are on the Yaris which will take the place of the Corolla as the new Corolla (Axio) is expected to be priced in the 4.5 mil range.

Thx due !! :D