• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Autolanka Drag Racing Championship 2007 !!!

MADZ

Madz! I know how dissapointed you are . Its not worth talking about the so called motoring promoters here in SL who blocked this great oppertunity for all street boys to show-off in a really controlled and disciplined environment.Its pity and sad!.

For me this is not the end of the world,yet another encouragement! Lets stick together and will have a really happening showdown soon!!

Thank you Madz for the greatest effort !

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Madz! I know how dissapointed you are . Its not worth talking about the so called motoring promoters here in SL who blocked this great oppertunity for all street boys to show-off in a really controlled and disciplined environment.Its pity and sad!.

For me this is not the end of the world,yet another encouragement! Lets stick together and will have a really happening showdown soon!!

Thank you Madz for the greatest effort !

Very Sad Situation, Bt like u said miniace this is not the end of he world, we never give up Drags, we Race no matter what happened, and Official Drag Championship is just a another one for us, But still we are Enjoying our Sunday night Drags

Thanks for everyone who Did their best to Organise this event

Its sad alright that we couldn't pull this off and all thanks to the governing body of motorsports in Sri Lanka, boys just stick to the illegal sat/sun night drags.

As far as I know, nowhere in the world that they (governing bodies) insist on roll cages for standard cars running a drag event. We don't have to go too far, just look at India how they run the off. drags.

FROM WHAT I GATHER AND PLS CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. ITS VERY INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT SLAS (the local motor-sports governing body) HAS ISSUED THE PERMIT TO SLARDER TO CONDUCT THE "SLARDAR 1000 RALLY" OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT, WHICH IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN A FEW WEEKS FROM NOW WITH ROLL CAGES NOT BEING MADE MANDATORY ON THE COMPETING D'CABS EXCEPT THE SOFT TOPS.

Here we're running 2 cars on a devided 400 metre straight line on a controlled environment and they insist roll cages.

A rally run over 100's of miles with special stages do not require a roll cage. Very often on rallies drivers do go way beyond legal speed limits even in densely populated areas trying to catch lost time.

Well people this is how it works in our land, now you can see why motor-sports is on a such high in our country.

PS:

To get around all this, the clubs have a an event and call it a members day... at this point, all the rules are out the window

and the slardar 1000 is not run in a controlled environment correct?

strange why the big boys would not mandate a roll cage for a rally of this nature but do it for a drag event.

Edited by fuzzo

Its sad alright that we couldn't pull this off and all thanks to the governing body of motorsports in Sri Lanka, boys just stick to the illegal sat/sun night drags.

As far as I know, nowhere in the world that they (governing bodies) insist on roll cages for standard cars running a drag event. We don't have to go too far, just look at India how they run the off. drags.

FROM WHAT I GATHER AND PLS CORRECT ME IF I'M WRONG. ITS VERY INTERESTING TO NOTE THAT SLAS (the local motor-sports governing body) HAS ISSUED THE PERMIT TO SLARDER TO CONDUCT THE "SLARDAR 1000 RALLY" OR WHATEVER THEY CALL IT, WHICH IS GOING TO HAPPEN IN A FEW WEEKS FROM NOW WITH ROLL CAGES NOT BEING MADE MANDATORY ON THE COMPETING D'CABS EXCEPT THE SOFT TOPS.

Here we're running 2 cars on a devided 400 metre straight line on a controlled environment and they insist roll cages.

A rally run over 100's of miles with special stages do not require a roll cage. Very often on rallies drivers do go way beyond legal speed limits even in densely populated areas trying to catch lost time.

Well people this is how it works in our land, now you can see why motor-sports is on a such high in our country.

PS:

To get around all this, the clubs have a an event and call it a members day... at this point, all the rules are out the window

And if these Drag boys join some kind of main club and pay some fee for that club, maybe we could get permissions to Have official Drags without Roll Cages etc, Money run this country :(

Bt why go after all the idiots for asking permissions, lets do our way, For last 3 to 4 yrs we didnt had any official Drags, Other Than Nigels R.R.R Drag Night, we always use some safe Roads to drag

And Zakie i saw u at Last Sunday Night @ Drags so we can do it every sat or sunday night, and we can change the locatin if cops come

Being in main stream motor sports for this long, competing and helping out at official race meets. I would rather be involved in a properly organised drag event. Alls not over yet, lets see how we could pull it off in the near future. I must admit that I do enjoy a occasional night drag.

PS:

From wat i gather i think its jus the fact that a few ppl want to control the whole racing scene in SL and stick to the same old thing without wanting to try out something like a drag which is much safer n will attract much more competitors and spectators as well.. these roll cage rules n all i feel is to make ppl back away from wanting to drag n making things difficult so that an event is almost impossible to conduct with minimum entrants coz most ppl wouldnt want to put roll cages in there everyday use cars but would prefer to do an occational drag for the fun of it..

So I gather SLAS has to give the ok before anyone can book Katu for a race? Funny thing is a few years back- an official drag was allowed-when the SLASMC had an event. And there was another event that followed it as well the next year- both not requiring roll cages. Cant understand the sudden indifference. Anyway its goes without saying that the local motor racing scene is run according to the whims and fancies of few individuals who are looking for nothing but personal advantage for and when their known parties take part :(

Agree with Pila & sundown, but why some people hate Drags ? And if this Drag Championship happened local Drag boys have a chance to challenge all the big Racing boys, people like Ashan and his famous Evo have a chance to compete in Straight line Racing with all the other Track Racing Dominated Super Cars

we always wanted to see Track Races and Street Boys racing with each other, once i saw Nigel Drag with DD, it was a good race

Edited by GihanFX

so any races that have to be organised has to go thru the retarded SLAS?? why cant we just ignore em and have a private official drag championship??? is there some kinda law that prevents that??

Agree with Pila & sundown, but why some people hate Drags ? And if this Drag Championship happened local Drag boys have a chance to challenge all the big Racing boys, people like Ashan and his famous Evo have a chance to compete in Straight line Racing with all the other Track Racing Dominated Super Cars

we always wanted to see Track Races and Street Boys racing with each other, once i saw Nigel Drag with DD, it was a good race

okay

A quick question:

How many of you would pay Rs. 2,000 as entry fees for a properly organized drag racing event with pre-arranged classes, a best-of-three-races format, starting lights, and trophies for the top three finishers in each class? Assume, of course, that there will be a variety of classes to fit all categories of cars, ranging from bone-stock to street modified.

Answers and thoughts please.

So I gather SLAS has to give the ok before anyone can book Katu for a race?

No you dont need SLAS approval for a booking at Katu.We had MoD and Airforce clearence.Here the case is different...Air Force received a protest before the booking underlining that AutoLanka drag is against the existing motorsports rules.

MINIACE

wow this is really messed up. I cant believe they racing group is actually discouraging motor racing in Sri Lanka. Even in the US where there are millions of Lawyers waiting to make a buck Roll cages are not required for street legal cars. This is very disappointing

A quick question:

How many of you would pay Rs. 2,000 as entry fees for a properly organized drag racing event with pre-arranged classes, a best-of-three-races format, starting lights, and trophies for the top three finishers in each class? Assume, of course, that there will be a variety of classes to fit all categories of cars, ranging from bone-stock to street modified.

Answers and thoughts please.

If it a properly organized one and if u tell us the date before one or one and half months ago we pay the money and race no problems from our side im sure more than 10 people with pay

Don't remember the MRA drags in Katu in 2005 requiring roll cages either. Even have the pics from that one.

Yes you are correct, roll-cages wasn't mandatory for that event

No you dont need SLAS approval for a booking at Katu.We had MoD and Airforce clearence.Here the case is different...Air Force received a protest before the booking underlining that AutoLanka drag is against the existing motorsports rules.

MINIACE

Don’t get me wrong boys i’m not trying to justify SLAS decision but don't you folks thing that may be they made that rule simply to prevent bad press if an accident occur during the event???

Talking about Drags Last Night was a really bad Night for some Drag Boys

Why?

MINIACE

So basically what the bast*eds at SLAS have done is shut the door on all drags- as, if these are the 'rules' then no other club even an affiliated one can organize an event without the roll cage rule. Great work :angry: