• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Hoping To Install A Mufflar (a Beat Silencer)

Archon

Basically similiar to dropping in an entirely new engine yeah?

The thread's header refers to the exhaust manifold Kim... would it be possible to drop in a 4AGE engine to lets say a basic corolla chassis?

Zz

No. That would imply a new block wouldn't it? Kim said replace the head. And yes u can drop 4AGEs in to Corollas. Look it up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Basically similiar to dropping in an entirely new engine yeah?

The thread's header refers to the exhaust manifold Kim... would it be possible to drop in a 4AGE engine to lets say a basic corolla chassis?

Zz

nah..its not like dropping a entirely new engine.. it would be a replacement of the head, and some other mechanical mods.

As far as i know... Free flowing exhaust systems REDUCE back pressure... you will get more top-end speed at higher RPM's but less Torque in low RPM's... Fuel consumption is higher for pretty obvious reasons :)

Most of the time these locally made beat barrels or fart cannons are free flowing type and puts out a huge racket when they move around... But what they don't know is that the little top-end speed they gain by a free flowing exhaust is only within a certain range of reduced back pressure... If it's too open you actually loose out on the deal... Which might be the reason for lots of the loud cars on the road are actually not very fast :)

I'm into offroad biking so those factory exhausts are made to keep the low end torque and grunt and most of them are now tunable for jetting settings/altitude corrections etc....

my 2cents :)

U see the people who actually know things answering on this thread man? Guys are starting to understand that coming in on these threads and saying things generated post-whore type "Really" and "Don't lie" comments and so have elected to stay out. Sad state of affairs in AL :(

ya and if nigel come online i ask him abt this muffler/header etc and post, n personal ideas dnt help the guy who ask the question

As far as i know... Free flowing exhaust systems REDUCE back pressure... you will get more top-end speed at higher RPM's but less Torque in low RPM's... Fuel consumption is higher for pretty obvious reasons :)

Most of the time these locally made beat barrels or fart cannons are free flowing type and puts out a huge racket when they move around... But what they don't know is that the little top-end speed they gain by a free flowing exhaust is only within a certain range of reduced back pressure... If it's too open you actually loose out on the deal... Which might be the reason for lots of the loud cars on the road are actually not very fast :)

I'm into offroad biking so those factory exhausts are made to keep the low end torque and grunt and most of them are now tunable for jetting settings/altitude corrections etc....

my 2cents :)

:blink::blink::blink::blink: Hola said it as a joke!... nothing serious in it ne? :(:(:(

Archon

calm down bro...its normal

oops sorry! the header seems to be just a one part of this engine! ....made a mistake!!!

This pic shows a header right!!! previously i was confused, as i was used to call this the "Exhaust Manifold"

IPB Image

cheers :alc:

Archon

this is a classice 4-2-1 header machang!