• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Rapid Rev Racing Time Attack Battle ::

MADZ

IPB Image

Rules and Regulations [Download]

Classes of events

* Up to 1000cc naturally aspirated

* Up to 1300cc naturally aspirated

* Up to 1500cc naturally aspirated

* Up to 1500cc Turbo

* Up to 2400cc naturally aspirated

* Up to 2000cc turbo

* Super Open

* Up to 2000cc automatics

* Over 2000cc automatics

* Open Wheel race cars

For more info contact Nigel - 0777896460

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow man this the event of the century!!! I got to be honest, I dont like drag racing, I like making left and right turns and exploiting the handling aspect and driver skill. I think this is an event where the winner will not only have the fastest car but be the best driver. What an event I wish I was in SL for this one. Who is going to attend?

Edited by Lalithster

Hope 30 cars will participate to make this a huge success! Well done Nigel!

Hola

ya bt i dnt thing most of them will push thier cars to the limits, and most guys need to change their Drag setups for this thing, cus most drag cars only build for 300 to 400M

ya bt i dnt thing most of them will push thier cars to the limits, and most guys need to change their Drag setups for this thing, cus most drag cars only build for 300 to 400M

gihan when you say 400M do you mean 400 miles ?

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm not so sure about this, bra. The modifications done locally for drag-racing usually work well enough for road course racing. I cant think of much that would change in terms of car setup for a Saturday Night drag as opposed to a track event at a place like Pannala. I cant think of anybody that runs a 'dedicated' drag-racing setup here that will be ineffective around a road-course.

This is good news for people who want to start off racing. Agree with KLM. All they need to sort out is their suspension and brakes. Which i believe most of the "Drag" cars have! As nick cage said "control is everything, speed is a bi product" Anyway on a seperate note are these cars going to be fitted with safety roll cages?? I mean circuit racing is completely different from driving in a straight line ;)!! Is there going to be any form of training for the ameture drivers on lines, cornering, braking zones etc with safety in mind ofcourse? I don't mean to dis anybody but there were so many blokes who couldn't even go around the round-about at the end of th green path stretch without crashing or losing it. Oh and are the pro races taking part as well?

Edited by Overdrive

Quarter Mile = 402.33600 meters :D

I supposed the cars then need to be towed in to the drag racing strip :D if thats their life time

Personally I feel unless there is something partciularly wrong with the setup things should last at least the duration of one track day though under those conditions some setups would obviously go wrong.

And I do not understand the logic of participating in a competition in which you do not intend to perform at their best, surely it does not matter if you win or loose but as long as you have done the best you can.

Thanks Madz for giving publicity for this.

Im always for drags and especially in this sort of controlled enviorement.I'll be there for sure and still unsure about running.My new 1.3 engine is yet to clock initial 1000km run.lets see.

See you all there!

Feel free to correct me if I'm mistaken, but I'm not so sure about this, bra. The modifications done locally for drag-racing usually work well enough for road course racing. I cant think of much that would change in terms of car setup for a Saturday Night drag as opposed to a track event at a place like Pannala. I cant think of anybody that runs a 'dedicated' drag-racing setup here that will be ineffective around a road-course.

I agree with u bt KLM my point is not abt the advance thechnical things, if u came to last sunday night Drags i saw couple of Honda Eg,s having over heating problems, thats because most pp do head pasting, Air Filter, Plugs, Light weight Flywheel, etc most ppl dnt think abt the cooling system

So other than Most R.R.R members cars, TIC camp car, Thivanka DC5 and some other cars most hondas goin to have hard time at track day, and KLM i think i dnt need to mention abt the tyres they runing :D

Anyway on a seperate note are these cars going to be fitted with safety roll cages?? I mean circuit racing is completely different from driving in a straight line ;)!! Is there going to be any form of training for the ameture drivers on lines, cornering, braking zones etc with safety in mind ofcourse? I don't mean to dis anybody but there were so many blokes who couldn't even go around the round-about at the end of th green path stretch without crashing or losing it.

ya i agree with u

This is good news for people who want to start off racing. Agree with KLM. All they need to sort out is their suspension and brakes. Which i believe most of the "Drag" cars have! As nick cage said "control is everything, speed is a bi product" Anyway on a seperate note are these cars going to be fitted with safety roll cages?? I mean circuit racing is completely different from driving in a straight line ;)!! Is there going to be any form of training for the ameture drivers on lines, cornering, braking zones etc with safety in mind ofcourse? I don't mean to dis anybody but there were so many blokes who couldn't even go around the round-about at the end of th green path stretch without crashing or losing it. Oh and are the pro races taking part as well?

No requirement for roll cages, just seat belts and helmets. As for the rest, u gotta have common sense about how hard u wanna push. If u don't ur walking home.

I agree with u bt KLM my point is not abt the advance thechnical things, if u came to last sunday night Drags i saw couple of Honda Eg,s having over heating problems, thats because most pp do head pasting, Air Filter, Plugs, Light weight Flywheel, etc most ppl dnt think abt the cooling system

So other than Most R.R.R members cars, TIC camp car, Thivanka DC5 and some other cars most hondas goin to have hard time at track day, and KLM i think i dnt need to mention abt the tyres they runing :D

ya i agree with u

I could say so many things now ... but I wont :D

I am planing to Compete in Up to 2400cc naturally aspirated. If i feel i might even be able put a short cut through the Coconut Trees :D

In the RX8? With that lip? :D

But why shortcut at all. U should be able to fit into 1300cc NA :lol: Now there is a sure winner.

Ohh, BTW, can we have a go with the RX8 too? :D Pretty please...

I think Velocity is talking about his "Gona Model Pajero"..

LOL you guessed correct, It gives out black smoke too...

Praveen, infact i am unable to come for this. :( please take some good pics just like you always do.