• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Investigation On Mclaren’s One-two Victory

Overdrive

May 2007

Formula One racing’s governing body, the FIA, is to investigate McLaren’s one-two victory in Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix, following suggestions that team orders played a part in Fernando Alonso’s win over Lewis Hamilton.

“The FIA has launched an investigation into incidents involving the McLaren Mercedes team at the 2007 Monaco Grand Prix in light of a possible breach of the International Sporting Code,” read an official statement released Monday.

McLaren boss Ron Dennis admitted that the unusual strategic requirements at Monaco meant the team had to more or less decide in advance which driver would win the race, and Alonso and Hamilton were told to hold station in the latter stages of the Grand Prix.

However, Dennis insisted the decision was purely tactical and that the team had not manipulated the result of the race in any way. The FIA will now review the relevant evidence and will make a further announcement in due course.

Hamilton seems to be quite a guy. I heard on news that Alonso's car had less fuel than Hamilton's so Alonso had a lighter faster car.

I belive LH deserved the win.He drove truely hard in his first outing there.Displayed skills more of a rally driver. :D Amazingly LH survived many kissings of barriers.

I belive LH deserved the win.He drove truely hard in his first outing there.Displayed skills more of a rally driver. :D Amazingly LH survived many kissings of barriers.

The man has a lot of expeirence in F3 and GP2 at monaco. And he did hit the barrier in a big way on practice day. Did any of you guys find anything not right at the race in terms of Team Mclaren and what?

And pikespeak, Lewis had 4 laps worth extra fuel than Alonso at the start of the race.

The man has a lot of expeirence in F3 and GP2 at monaco. And he did hit the barrier in a big way on practice day. Did any of you guys find anything not right at the race in terms of Team Mclaren and what?

And pikespeak, Lewis had 4 laps worth extra fuel than Alonso at the start of the race.

Overdrive I believe Lewis has actually won at Monaco in F3 and GP2. Apart from that one big hit in the run up to the hairpin, he hit the barriers 'many times' according to his post-race statement. What a great show from an absolute rookie. To race a car twice as fast as the GP2 car and finish on the podium in his first time there makes him an absoute stud.

I still think McLaren should get a 5 race ban though. :D

Overdrive I believe Lewis has actually won at Monaco in F3 and GP2. Apart from that one big hit in the run up to the hairpin, he hit the barriers 'many times' according to his post-race statement. What a great show from an absolute rookie. To race a car twice as fast as the GP2 car and finish on the podium in his first time there makes him an absoute stud.

Do i smell a ferrari fan?? No doubt he is a great driver. I mean leading the ch'ship in his debut year at F1 is some crazy Sh*T!! That is some serious talent. I think we may just about see another MS in the making for sure! Its so funny how he replied to the reporter..." not a couple of times but i kissed the barrier many times!! :)

Well the so called team orders are a part of F1 which is what I think, they happen all the time, and why this case would be an exception I do not know,

fact is I think McLaren were just trying to preserve their cars, and also avoid incidents where team mates competing with eachother take eachother out of the grand prix

I do not think its fair to say LH won the grand prix, Alonso won it fair and square, I remember when LH started to push Alonso just stepped up a gear and pushed himself and actually widened the gap just to prove a point I guess and afterwards LH backed off obviously responding to "team orders"

What though is sad to see is Kimi is having a terrible time, though the Ferrari's were not in contention in Monaco, I think the Ferrari is superior to the McLaren in circuits which allow fast cornering, so they do infact have a race winning car though Massa seems to certainly be more comfortable with it than Kimi and sadly so

but its always nice to see a Brazillian doing well :)

The Don

I really doubt if LH could have actually got past Alonso- regardless of team orders, all it would been was a risk which was not worth taking at this stage of the season. And passing is near impossible around Monaco.. Even Kimi could not get past Button's Honda or Wurz Williams!

But none-the-less its a good thing that the FIA are looking into the issue-sends out a clear warning for the rest of the season..

I really cant imagine Bernie giving up all the lost revenues that would cause :lol:

Well the so called team orders are a part of F1 which is what I think, they happen all the time, and why this case would be an exception I do not know,

fact is I think McLaren were just trying to preserve their cars, and also avoid incidents where team mates competing with eachother take eachother out of the grand prix

I do not think its fair to say LH won the grand prix, Alonso won it fair and square, I remember when LH started to push Alonso just stepped up a gear and pushed himself and actually widened the gap just to prove a point I guess and afterwards LH backed off obviously responding to "team orders"

but its always nice to see a Brazillian doing well :)

The Don

Spot on! Couldn't have said it better. The team really didn't see the point in Lewis taking unneccesary risks specially in a tight track like that.

And Team boss said..

“However there is some disappointment because of the different strategies we needed to follow to cope with a potential deployment of the Safety Car which has happened four times in the last five years.

“Consequently you virtually have to decide in advance which one of the team’s two drivers will claim the victory.

“Once the first round of pitstops had taken place we reverted Lewis from a one-stop-strategy to the faster two-stop strategy and at the same time slowed both cars down to conserve the brakes.

“As a team we would like to race but this circuit requires a disciplined approach and as a result we can leave Monte Carlo with the maximum amount of points.”

Read on..Ron dennis's interview with ITV

http://www.totalf1.com/view-article.php?newsid=208572

Well I think there have to be some team orders or else how can you optimize the potential of the team?

Usually all teams have a no.1 and no.2 driver even if they'll never admit it openly. And in Mc's case its Alonso.

Maybe his status will slowly change as LH consistantly out qualifies and outperforms him on the track. I only hope Lewis will not over do something in his anxiousness and have a crash that could get Alonso's nose back in front. This happens to drivers who know they can win but teams orders keep them behind. But he looks very cool.

Anyway the Macs seems perfectly set up for that absurd "track". But I think on the faster tracks like Canada and the US Ferrari still has the edge. We'll soon see :)

I refuse to believe that Kimi is being overshadowed by Felipe. Over the last 5 years, Kimi Raikonnen has been arguably the best driver in F1, and the only reason that he has finished second 3 times with no championships is due to terrible, terrible luck. There are still 13 races left, so hopefully the Iceman will catch a few breaks and contend seriously.

On another note, in case anybody forgets how special Lewis Hamilton is, get this: this season's next best rookie, Heikki Kovaleinen, is so good, that at the Race of Champions 2 years ago, he beat the reigning World F1 Champion, Michael Schumacher, in a straight shoot-out in Ferrari 360 Modenas, and then, more impressivey, beat the reigning WRC Champion Sebastian Loeb in Seb's own Citroen Xsara WRC despite it being his first time driving a WRC car competitively. Thats how good Heikki is, and still, Hamilton is leagues ahead.

McLaren cleared over Monaco win :D

30 May 2007

The FIA has decided that the strategy employed by McLaren in their one-two victory in Sunday’s Monaco Grand Prix was entirely legitimate. No further action will be taken over the matter.

Full Story

http://www.formula1.com/news/6176.html

http://www.formula1.com/news/6178.html

Edited by Overdrive