• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Mazda's Rotary Turns 40 Years

dillongt

Cheers to the only brand in the world to not only successfully develop rotary motors but also keep them in production even now. :alc:

Not to mention being the only manufacturer of a rotary powered car to wins the gruelling Le Mans 24 hour race!

Here are some of the lesser known Rotary Mazdas and the greatest one of all at the end!!! Cheers :alc:

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

IPB Image

hey thanks for that info Dillion and GTAm,

Damn I like that Blue 2 Door. Machan what it is that Model ?

Top blue 2 door is the RX3 based on the 808 coupe (our 1st family car was an 808 saloon :) ). Btw saw a badly rusting 808 coupe in a car sale in Gampaha last Sunday.

The other is the RX4.

Happy Birthday Mazda..... (Rotary) :alc:

:D

Thank you very much for reminding dillongt & thanks for the lovely pics GTAm - never knew that there were older models which came with the rotary engine. Ya the blue 1 looks fab- still don't understand the meters been outside though....

Yes the first & I think the only Japanese car to win the Le Mans 24 hour race ( Hope I'm correct... pls do forgive me if I'm not :D )

Yes the first & I think the only Japanese car to win the Le Mans 24 hour race ( Hope I'm correct... pls do forgive me if I'm not :D )

Correct. 1991 was the year. I think this is especially important as their budgets were quite small and both Toyota and Nissan poured in loads of money but have never won this race.