• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

:: Honda 2006 Launches - 03rd March ::

dragster

Well, come to think of it....5.3 milion for a japanese car is crazy. If i had that much money i would put another few and get a reconditoned Montero.

Anyhow...my choice of cars/wheels would be

1/. Civic

2/.HRV (if i had a few extra lakhs)

3/.Montero (dream)

I like your attitude bro...

thanks,

shall we all stop fighting when i say Honda is the best? So what? I like Honda..and for me its the best driving pleasure car. Also i know you can get driving plesure from Subarus, Mazdas too. But never a Toyota or Nissan...those 2 are good for relability and sleep. Becuase when you loose a honda mirror you have to search even at Jaffna, but a Toyota part is even available at Mahiyanganaya retail shop

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, come to think of it....5.3 milion for a japanese car is crazy.

U Think?????????? :jumping-smiley-013::action-smiley-033:

shall we all stop fighting when i say Honda is the best? So what? I like Honda..and for me its the best driving pleasure car. Also i know you can get driving plesure from Subarus, Mazdas too. But never a Toyota or Nissan...those 2 are good for relability and sleep. Becuase when you loose a honda mirror you have to search even at Jaffna, but a Toyota part is even available at Mahiyanganaya retail shop

Oh boy...Forget it man...its all good...

Also i know you can get driving plesure from Subarus, Mazdas too. But never a Toyota or Nissan...those 2 are good for relability and sleep. Becuase when you loose a honda mirror you have to search even at Jaffna, but a Toyota part is even available at Mahiyanganaya retail shop

Sad..... I guess he hasn't heard of Andy's Nissan. Or mine, which would be more than enough to beat his one :)

I miss the point where availability of spare parts means reliability :blink:

Oh boy...Forget it man...its all good...

Machan, I assume u are sitting there laughing out of ur backside at the idea there is a stock Honda out there that can take down ur Nur. But really ....

But never a Toyota or Nissan...those 2 are good for relability and sleep.

WTF?!?!?!?!?!? Man now ur asking for a bitch slap dude....Apart from the fact that Toyota and Nissan have the most respected and Legendary racing pedigree's from the land of the rising sun name one bloody car that Honda has which in its stock form can beat Toyota and Nissan's flagship cars... a.k.a The Supra and the Skyline GT-R...Now u've done it bro...u've just called out all the nissan and toyota boys on this forum...Man Honda is the car that is only good for reliability and sleep....get ur facts straight...heheheh and pls dont tell us that the '06 Civic will beat my GTR or preveens N1... :blink:

Machan, I assume u are sitting there laughing out of ur backside at the idea there is a stock Honda out there that can take down ur Nur. But really ....

hehehe...i just saw ur post preveen...hehehe ya i was laughing my ass off...oh man i didnt see that part of his post bout toyota and nissan before...u just brought it to my attention... this guys crazy dude... :)

WTF?!?!?!?!?!? Man now ur asking for a bitch slap dude....Apart from the fact that Toyota and Nissan have the most respected and Legendary racing pedigree's from the land of the rising sun name one bloody car that Honda has which in its stock form can beat Toyota and Nissan's flagship cars... a.k.a The Supra and the Skyline GT-R...Now u've done it bro...u've just called out all the nissan and toyota boys on this forum...Man Honda is the car that is only good for reliability and sleep....get ur facts straight...heheheh and pls dont tell us that the '06 Civic will beat my GTR or preveens N1... :blink:

hehehe...i just saw ur post preveen...hehehe ya i was laughing my ass off...oh man i didnt see that part of his post bout toyota and nissan before...u just brought it to my attention... this guys crazy dude... :)

Hola my friend don’t do that machan, even I used to bash the corolla and the sunny for it’s lack of spirit, but that’s very rude and unfair, they all do the intended purpose at it’s best, Corolla is the world’s most sold car and the world’s most practical, sunny with it’s lush interior and moderate price is a good option for the middle man.

Andy no offence or anger intended, but I think the stock NSX is a faster than a “STOCK” Supra(may be not in straight line). The only Supra owner in the forum (Saminda) also agreed on this, but that is just my opinion, let us talk about it.

And Honda is the 1.6L king, remember the N1 VZR is race tuned and when CTR ran spoon it easily unseeded the N1 and reclaimed the 1.6L title.

Ain’t too sure whether CTR is flagship, but in JDM there is a thing call 1.6L king and that is ours 

Ok listen...calm down...so i had you guys. Even i had a FB14 3 years back and trust me it was smooth as silk. But still i would buy a honda if i had given 2.5 milion.

My couzin got a Sinagapoe imported corola...wow it was so comfy. So noiseless....

Hey Andy I was on your side, I didnt agree with Hola, the intention of my post was to convice Hola that tiz not worth bragging about the new civic with such credit... I guess the line 'Predominantly...' hurt you guys a bit... nah I didn't mean to say that Nissan guys brag or anythin, just that most of the frequent flyers that I know Ash, you .... sounds Nismo lovers often! B)

Yeah... U R absolutely right, I am a Nissan lover... but that doesn't mean I don't respect any other make or I am a Honda hater.... no not at all. Every thing has its + & - points. And did I ever write that the Nissan is the best in the market.

Preveen says madmax bought a '99 320d for 3.5 and that is a hell of a lot better way to spoil urself than a '06 Civic. :D Now there is the pleasure and prestige that Ash was talking of. As someone mentioned, if max wasn't married, he'd be the hottest thing in MIT right now :);)

And AL isn't predominantly Nissan. I count Ash, Andy, Shak and myself. Actually, I dunno what Ash has. My personal count for toyota is just madz, Kim and WCC with a townace :) . Club Madza has Fuzzo and Dilan (and me as almost Eunos). Mitsu has Mivec, evilmak and velocity. Subaru has velocity there too :) Honda owners list has isuru, hola, shiz, max (actually the old forums has a madmax, Mad Max and another max), dragster, Pila, RACERSEDGE, motorhead(samath, not seen him on the new forums tho) (and velocity if u count bikes).....

And Maruti has Judy :lol::alc:

True machan... AL isn't predominantly Nissan...if you do a count; more than 50% of AL visits are Hondas. But every Honda owner does not go and tell that Honda is THE BEST. If a Nissan owner does that, I know other Nissan owners will come and say it's not. I have never seen a Nissan owner brag abt Nissan condemning others cars.

We have a Nissan Lucino & a FB15 (my wife uses that). My farther used to own Mitsu, Nissan, Datsun & once even a Honda. He loved his Niss and Mitsu (loved that most). My bro use a Toyo. I'm not a hater of any of those.

Well, come to think of it....5.3 milion for a japanese car is crazy. If i had that much money i would put another few and get a reconditoned Montero.

What... "Toyota & Nissans are good 4 reliability & sleep" & abt finding spares... Do you know what are you talking abt. :)

Lets get 1 thing straight.... U love Ur Honda, I love my Nissan.... That's fine... But never condemn any 1's ride. :blink:

Hey Nissan owner here meself, 2 actually... lol....

Seen around 3 honda civic 06's already one this morning, near townhall... looks "kinda" nice, but the price "f**ksaaaa!" ... whatever that means! :blink:

Yeah... U R absolutely right, I am a Nissan lover... but that doesn't mean I don't respect any other make or I am a Honda hater.... no not at all. Every thing has its + & - points. And did I ever write that the Nissan is the best in the market.

True machan... AL isn't predominantly Nissan...if you do a count; more than 50% of AL visits are Hondas. But every Honda owner does not go and tell that Honda is THE BEST. If a Nissan owner does that, I know other Nissan owners will come and say it's not. I have never seen a Nissan owner brag abt Nissan condemning others cars.

We have a Nissan Lucino & a FB15 (my wife uses that). My farther used to own Mitsu, Nissan, Datsun & once even a Honda. He loved his Niss and Mitsu (loved that most). My bro use a Toyo. I'm not a hater of any of those.

What... "Toyota & Nissans are good 4 reliability & sleep" & abt finding spares... Do you know what are you talking abt. :angry:

Lets get 1 thing straight.... U love Ur Honda, I love my Nissan.... That's fine... But never condemn any 1's ride. :D

:rolleyes: when did i say that you brag about NISSAN... calm down guys there is so much prejudice...

But crediting a car for itz good is not bragging I guess thatz what Hola tried to say but surely he sounded a bit too overexcited and very rude.

Why not now talk about the good of this car for being "radical" within itz class.(compact family car)

Talking about Civic price, forget the sunroof, AT and for 4.75mn the maual civic is a good buy given our SL crazy tax structure... (remember a classy european buy with the same money will cost you dearly on spares + fuel(if petrol)... u dont have to worry about spare wit a brand new civic and fuel efficiency is better than any european buy)...

guys grate argument .... but its better we can get some models of each 'make' and we'll talk abt our own opinion abt it. rather argue abt makes? :D 'cause most of them r japaneese and they show up with different events in world. ex: in WRC subaru & mitshubishi r leading (except non japaneese makes),

i think its better we can talk abt it in new thread, isn't it?

had a look at the new civic in the showroom. very dissappointing tho, the front of the car reminds me of the tons of indian made accords we have around here! interior is alright, something different anyway. prices are as velovity mentioned. standard civic, 1800cc, full option is 4.95mil. same car with sunroof and nice 16" wheels is 5.3 mil from wht i remember. manual is Rs.200,000 less.

prices are insane! personally i think, the car is definitely not worth that silly price.

by the way this is made in thailanda alfaq and i agree with praveen about the dash and steering.

any way most of these cars will be drivers of coporate execuitives or ******. i dont think they will even hit the vtec zone.

i wished they had civic SI which they have in USA or the Type R over here.

guys grate argument .... but its better we can get some models of each 'make' and we'll talk abt our own opinion abt it. rather argue abt makes? :D 'cause most of them r japaneese and they show up with different events in world. ex: in WRC subaru & mitshubishi r leading (except non japaneese makes),

i think its better we can talk abt it in new thread, isn't it?

D U happen to know a guy called Nalaka?

ok guys lets break it up....

but here's my two cents...

I too am a Honda lover... but I dont dis the other models just because I love honda or I got one.. the others got their own way of standing out as well... but when it comes to reliability I think honda stands out a wee bit in front of toyota... I dont know about nissan cause we didnt have much of nissan's...

but speaking model wise...

I'll take the sky above honda anyday....

and the Rex... wow... what a beast.. ( hey Dim's that guy's burning the steets of palawatte and parliment ) recently that guy went passing by me so fast that I was nearly spinning in one place...

I too am a Honda lover... but I also dont dis the other models just because I love honda or I got one.. the others got their own way of standing out as well... but when it comes to reliability I think honda stands out a wee bit in front of toyota... I dont know about nissan cause we didnt have much of nissan's...

and the Rex... wow... what a beast.. ( hey Dim's that guy's burning the steets of palawatte and parliment ) recently that guy went passing by me so fast that I was nearly spinning in one place...

ravinda, i also dont diss car, but i diss maruti. not the car but the drivers, they f***king hog every road.

I once in the night :angry: was going behind a maruti :rolleyes: ( brand New still with polythene covers in it ) and the owner was too carefull :deal: . and it was hogging the road for almost 500m :angry: . i had to go at 50 km per hr until my blood boiled:angry: and started pressing the horn for couple of min:angry-smiley-002:. At last the guy knew my car was much faster than the maruti :o . so he gave me way. the three wheeler next to the maruti was going at the same speed. :D

This has happend several times to me. and now there are so many marutis on the road frequency of happening this is much greater.

:blink:

I dont know about honda's but i love my Honda CBR. once a dog was chasing me. Quickly shifted to the seconda. Reved up to 10,000 and i saved my toes :)

I too am a Honda lover... but I dont dis the other models just because I love honda or I got one.. the others got their own way of standing out as well... but when it comes to reliability I think honda stands out a wee bit in front of toyota... I dont know about nissan cause we didnt have much of nissan's...

We all HONDA TOYOTA NISSAN ... love our cars don't we :D , that's what brings us together in this forum.

Ok I've been waiting the whole day to reply this thread.. cant reply in office due to some screwed up security settings in my browser!!

Now don't get me wrong here I have nothing against you guys or your families.. but Isuru and Hola you two are bunch of bozos.. Your statements are an embarrassment to all Honda owners including myself..

The two of you bring nothing constructive into the defense arguments of 'Honda'.. I suggest you do some research into the technical history of honda vtecs/duel carbs/e-vtec etc and how they came about.. focus on the each engine's type & generation and then compare them to Toyota or whatever. Bring proper facts and technical details as well as practical facts.. Honda is popular due several factors:

• Affordability & mass market
  • Best value for money in terms of engine power
  • Tuneability
  • Durability & practicality
  • Availability of after market parts
  • Ease of parts interchanging ie engines/gear boxes/components
  • Good marketing and some luck (ie Gamble of radicalism having paid off)
  • Styling lasting the test of time

The list can be expanded of course…

Isuru stop harping on the freaking NSX- its not God's gift to man! It's a good car and that's it.. The fact is that brand building for Honda, was the car's primary aim- and not to be the 'best' in its league! Honda is the company it is today because it found a way into the mass market and the typical car owner does not give two hoots about vtec/type r or any sh*t!

'1.6 liter king' ha ha ha yeah.. do you know that's theres a champ car series in the US where all the cars run 4AGE's?? Thats with the basic block that comes on Voter Silva's GT Carina?? If your gonna praise Honda please bring proper facts. For example did you know that Stock D15B SOHC once took down an SR20VE at Greenpath?? Did you?? Now that's something a Honda owner can be proud of! Or have you ever wondered why civics are raced soo damn much in Sri Lanka?? Or do you know that your City could be tuned to be a pretty decent car if you were to put in a manual gear box? Or did you ever wonder why Honda's weigh so little? Or did you know that chipping a Honda is a million times easier that a Toyota?? Or have you ever looked at the front suspension of a civic- did you notice the 5 link suspension that gives it handling ability? Hola can you see it with those alloys??

PS autolanka does not have intelligent 'haters' of any kind.

Ok I’ve been waiting the whole to reply this thread.. cant reply in office due to some screwed up security settings in my browser!!

Now don’t get me wrong here I have nothing against you guys or your families.. but Isuru and Hola you two are bunch of bozos.. Your statements are an embarrassment to all Honda owners including myself..

The two of you bring nothing constructive into the defense arguments of ‘Honda’.. I suggest you do some research into the technical history of honda vtecs/duel carbs/e-vtec etc and how they came about.. focus on the each engine’s type & generation and then compare them to Toyota or whatever. Bring proper facts and technical details as well as practical facts.. Honda is popular due several factors:

• Affordability & mass market
  • Best value for money in terms of engine power
  • Tuneability
  • Durability & practicality
  • Availability of after market parts
  • Ease of parts interchanging ie engines/gear boxes/components
  • Good marketing and some luck (ie Gamble of radicalism having paid off)
  • Styling lasting the test of time

The list can be expanded of course…

Isuru stop harping on the freaking NSX- its not God’s gift to man! It’s a good car and that’s it.. The fact is that brand building for Honda, was the car’s primary aim- and not to be the ‘best’ in its league! Honda is the company it is today because it found a way into the mass market and the typical car owner does not give two hoots about vtec/type r or any sh*t!

‘1.6 liter king’ ha ha ha yeah.. do you know that’s theres a champ car series in the US where all the cars run 4AGE’s?? Thats with the basic block that comes on Voter Silva’s GT Carina?? If your gonna praise Honda please bring proper facts. For example did you know that Stock D15B SOHC once took down an SR20VE at Greenpath?? Did you?? Now that’s something a Honda owner can be proud of! Or have you ever wondered why civics are raced soo damn much in Sri Lanka?? Or do you know that your City could be tuned to be a pretty decent car if you were to put in a manual gear box? Or did you ever wonder why Honda’s weigh so little? Or did you know that chipping a Honda is a million times easier that a Toyota?? Or have you ever looked at the front suspension of a civic- did you notice the 5 link suspension that gives it handling ability? Hola can you see it with those alloys??

PS autolanka does not have intelligent ‘haters’ of any kind.

Hey man pilla.......how u doing??!! Well see thats the constructive argument that is appreciated here... finally someone who knows what he's talking about!!! Now all of u know that im more or less a nissan lover but i definelty agree with pilla's argument...he brought details and proper facts...more of these type of posts are what u Honda boys need....nicely done pilla

Hey man pilla.......how u doing??!! Well see thats the constructive argument that is appreciated here... finally someone who knows what he's talking about!!! Now all of u know that im more or less a nissan lover but i definelty agree with pilla's argument...he brought details and proper facts...more of these type of posts are what u Honda boys need....nicely done pilla

Hey dude.. been down with a slipped disk! Other than that A-OK!!! When will you be coming down again man? April?

Love Nissans as well men -specially ones with R in their names! I wanna ask Praveen to take me in his new ride.. never been in a one of 'em.. :(

Hey dude.. been down with a slipped disk! Other than that A-OK!!! When will you be coming down again man? April?

Love Nissans as well men -specially ones with R in their names! I wanna ask Praveen to take me in his new ride.. never been in a one of 'em.. :(

Ill be back in SL first week of may dude...hope all's good with u...heh heh ya get preveen to take u in his vz-R... :D

True true.. but never doubt the mindset or spending power of the Sri Lankan Car buyer! Stafford sold 4 of 'em even before they were launched..

Remember how everyone thought the car maket would collapse with tax increase?? he he this is one crazy country!

Remember how everyone thought the car maket would collapse with tax increase?? he he this is one crazy country!

LoL...thats why u gotta luv it!! Its not until u go away that u realise how truly u miss ur country...hehehe

True true.. but never doubt the mindset or spending power of the Sri Lankan Car buyer! Stafford sold 4 of 'em even before they were launched..

i would really like to interview some of these people to find out the reasons they purchased the car

Oh, I don't. That bugger on lankabusiness week said the first shipment of Chrystler 300Cs were presold before the things landed here. (He didn't say how many cars were in the first shipment :( ). What was that? 12mill?

i would really like to interview some of these people to find out the reasons they purchased the car

We can always ask Madz if he wants to do an article :D