• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

ASC SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED error - Mitsubishi ASX

RKTS

Question

Hey, pros! Dealing with a head-scratcher in my Mitsubishi ASX—1.8 DI-D turbo 6-speed MT. On downhill adventures, the ASC SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED error pops up, and a stop and restart seems to do a temporary fix, but the Check Engine light keeps on and after a few engine re-start cycles, it goes away. Ignoring ASC SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED error leads to an involuntary speed reduction until I stop and restart. This is becoming a frequent issue. Any suggestions on what steps I should take?

20201017_100710.jpg

2 answers to this question

8 hours ago, RKTS said:

Hey, pros! Dealing with a head-scratcher in my Mitsubishi ASX—1.8 DI-D turbo 6-speed MT. On downhill adventures, the ASC SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED error pops up, and a stop and restart seems to do a temporary fix, but the Check Engine light keeps on and after a few engine re-start cycles, it goes away. Ignoring ASC SYSTEM SERVICE REQUIRED error leads to an involuntary speed reduction until I stop and restart. This is becoming a frequent issue. Any suggestions on what steps I should take?

20201017_100710.jpg

The involuntary speed reduction is due to the car going in to limp mode. There is something wrong with the ASC system. Which also leads to the check engine light (the check engine light is not just for engine issues...it comes up for system issues). Get a scan done and see what the error codes are ASAP. If the car is going into limp mode it could be something that can mess up the car with or its safety.  Since this is the stability control system it could compromise safety (since the ABS light doesn't come on I am going to assume the ABS is still functioning..again this is just an assumption)

The whole going away and coming back after sometime is because when you turn it off the compromised system gets reset and then after sometime the issue, whatever it is, pops up.

SO GET IT SCANNED ! Avoid using the car on extensive drives or driving at all if possible.