• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nissan Fb 15 Fuel Consumtion

Shismo

Hey guys my dad has a fb15 1500cc automatic super saloon splend, n it only does around 5~6kmpl in colombo drivin....gave a tune up still da same n the ride is horrible.... It's very uncomfortable goin on the roads as the ride is very hard... changed the shocks still da same....Hey guyz any ideas why da high consupmtion n why da suspension is so bad???? and Can u do ecu upgrades n modifications to da QG15de???? n also to da suspension????? :unsure:

Edited by Shismo

Hey guys my dad has a fb15 1500cc automatic super saloon splend, n it only does around 5~6kmpl in colombo drivin....gave a tune up still da same n the ride is horrible.... It's very uncomfortable goin on the roads as the ride is very hard... changed the shocks still da same....Hey guyz any ideas why da high consupmtion n why da suspension is so bad???? and Can u do ecu upgrades n modifications to da QG15de???? :unsure:

real world fuel consumption on a 1500cc automatic saloon such as the FB15 (in colombo driving conditions) isnt really much more than 6-7 Km/l speaking from experience..... we used to have a 2003 Honda Civic Exi Auto that returned 6Km/l Dead in colombo driving.... so id say your figures are not really unusual.. is it nearer 5 than 6 or what?

n fact, a good friend of mine has the Ex Saloon version of the Fb15, also Automatic, i believe it's a 1.3 but im not sure, and he reports that the fuel consumption is around 6-7 as well...

Yeah machan it's more like 5kmpl..... ny ideas to improve it???

For the fuel issue, get the checkup done for sensor faliure. Try the Agents or a reputable garage.

The ride on the FB15 is 'so so' at best and the Singapore versions are even harder. Best bet is to see what type of shocks you used (KYB is a decent mix of quality and economy and is available at Taas Agencies). Air pressure can be maintained at 27-28. Size 14 ballon sized tyres help.

Edited by milindu

We used one in our company for 3 and a half years. Change the sensors. That lessened consumption from 6.5km/l to 8 km/l. Strange what you say about the suspension. Our was a Jap used import and was very softly sprung with zero handling. Completely terrible as a drivers' car of course. Infact to my memory the 2nd worst car I have ever driven!

We used one in our company for 3 and a half years. Change the sensors. That lessened consumption from 6.5km/l to 8 km/l. Strange what you say about the suspension. Our was a Jap used import and was very softly sprung with zero handling. Completely terrible as a drivers' car of course. Infact to my memory the 2nd worst car I have ever driven!

I wish it was soft..... The sus is real hard... It really gets on ur nerves..... Everything rattles like hell when u hit even a slight pothole..... :action-smiley-060:

I wish it was soft..... The sus is real hard... It really gets on ur nerves..... Everything rattles like hell when u hit even a slight pothole..... :action-smiley-060:

What I said was that the Singapore spec is harder that the Jap spec. While the suspension with original/ quality spares is soft, its still not very comforable. Tends to make a bit of noise over ruts as well.

Whats the worst ;)? (I know you are waiting to be asked)

Edited by milindu

I used a FB15 for more than 3 years, never had any major issue. 5kmpl is something you’ll really have to look in to in a FB 15 1500cc car. We did around 8kmpl in city. As Milindu advised get your censors checked, this could be the prime reason for such a high consumption of fuel. Cleaning air filters, spark plugs, Filters will help to improve bit more.

What’s the brand of shocks that you used; KYB is a good brand & also check the other parts of the suspension as well.

• 4 months later...

hi,

There should be a problem with your car. The EFI cars minimum 10 KM per litre.

You can simply you can check your fuel mixture status looking the silencer. simply see the pipe if its very dark and looks filled with carbon, the petrol mixture is very rich. You need to clean or repair your fuel system. Must be replaces the air cleaner, plugs(buy orignal pulgs) and fuel filter, (if all was not replaced earlier). Please contact qualified technician to do this. Don’t go for normal garage and mess this up. Your car having few sensors, that the repair person must protect them. If you going for agent you better get the estimate before repair.

the silencer shoud not be gets black carbon. should be water comes while you are driving too( not only in the morning)

Shismo, I think u better check on your sensors. if u can get it done + an engine tune-up by agents @ union place, it will work for sure trust me!

Edited by raveen

• 2 months later...

I had the same kind of issue and my mechanic (Ravi @ Kelaniya) reset the ECU com unit and reduced the RPM (which has gone little high) and after that she start giving me good econ: now i go around 10-12km per ltr with in city. Check (your cars) sensors and injector coils (plugs), filters etc etc as SIRA mentioned in the thred. This should work for you.

Updated: I have cleaned my Injectors and changed my filters at the same time, sorry that i forgot to mention that in my initial post.

Edited by lakpriya

• 3 months later...
I had the same kind of issue and my mechanic (Ravi @ Kelaniya) reset the ECU com unit and reduced the RPM (which has gone little high) and after that she start giving me good econ: now i go around 10-12km per ltr with in city. Check (your cars) sensors and injector coils (plugs), filters etc etc as SIRA mentioned in the thred. This should work for you.

Updated: I have cleaned my Injectors and changed my filters at the same time, sorry that i forgot to mention that in my initial post.

I also have FB-15, 1500CC, Manal trans and i make 12.29 Km to 13Km per liter when i am driven @ Colombo.

Actually you can't have a reasonable idea about fuel consumption in colombo city since you have different driving conditions. In traffic hours some times it may take more than 15 mints to go 01 km.

Therefore it is better to do a out station trip (best area is Anuradapura) and come to a conclusion.

These days driving to kandy also more or less like driving in colombo area. Last saturday evening I took 3.5 hours to go to kandy and found heavy traffic at kadugannawa hill area as well.My Honda ES1 has done only 10 km p.l. on my kandy trip. : :rolleyes: