• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Auto Gear Oil Leakage

maikk99

Question

Hi

I spotted some oil marks under my car when it is parked and i figured out that they were coming from the auto gear box.

could you recommend a guy to get this repair

if I repair this at a garage how can i pump in ATF if the remaining ATF has to be disposed?

Pls advise

thanks

Mike

Edited by maikk99

5 answers to this question

Hi

I spotted some oil marks under my car when it is parked and i figured out that they were coming from the auto gear box.

if I repair this at a garage how can i pump in ATF if the remaining ATF has to be disposed?

Pls advise

thanks

Mike

what's the make and model of your car ?

might just be a few simple loose nuts on the sump, with a little oil leaking from the packing. Wouldn't hurt to jack up the car and check for it and tighten it yourself rather than take it to a mechanic to get the same reason and remody :)

Hi

Pls advise

thanks

Mike

Hi Mate.....

first confirm it's the auto gear box oil- One small bit of advise - DO NOT TAKE the car to the way side Garage jokers as I've burnt my hands ( Well my mother) we too had a similar problem and he told that he needed to check the box, which ended out dismantling it..... after that there was a slight jerk when the car changes gears......

Take it to the agents - in my case it was A*W and apparently it was a packing leak.....

All the best