• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

The Dear Departed

madmax

Sadly I had to part with my BMW 320D, due to many reasons...

bmw006resizelg2.th.jpg

The replacement is due to arrive in two months, and will be the first lot in the country. In a way it'll be a downgrade, after owning a beemer, but i see it as a change, being my first SUV and my first auto transmission car.... and will be powered by my choice of fuel - diesel...

It will be a Micro/ Ssangyong Actyon

2007ssangyongactyonib2.th.jpg

Edited by madmax

Just curious: what would cause someone to switch from a BMW road rocket to an.. um.. Ssanyong?

A lot of factors, financial situation, plans of migrating , our road conditions better suiting SUVs now and also a freely available permit.

Of course my first choice for the permit was the Montero Sport, But the SSangyong is far better than the Sport in technology and build quality. And it is cheaper than the Sport too.

A lot of factors, financial situation, plans of migrating , our road conditions better suiting SUVs now and also a freely available permit.

Of course my first choice for the permit was the Montero Sport, But the SSangyong is far better than the Sport in technology and build quality. And it is cheaper than the Sport too.

The Actyon is rear leaf spring right? How is the ride on it? (If there is a test vehicle here)

On the plus side, you will still have nearly 150bhp to play with.

Edited by milindu

machan how much is the Ssangyong Actyon? if u have more pics (inside/outside) pls post it here.

tx

The Actyon is rear leaf spring right? How is the ride on it? (If there is a test vehicle here)

Nope. Multi link. 5 link to be exact. And double wishbones on the front. The features list would nearly sell it to me, but its damn ugly. IMO of course. Like the offspring of a PT Cruiser and Rodius coupling. Both cars appear on that recently revived ugliest cars thread. Co-incidence?

Edited by Pericles

Madmax how were the running costs and reliability record with the 320D. Did you drive hard or gentle?

but its damn ugly. IMO of course. Like the offspring of a PT Cruiser and Rodius coupling. Both cars appear on that recently revived ugliest cars thread. Co-incidence?

Good guess! Especially that abominal front end, swept up headlamps with a reverse swept grille. :o . Indecisive Designer :D ! Rear end is less offensive though.

Madmax how were the running costs and reliability record with the 320D. Did you drive hard or gentle?

I'de say it was driven hard, I had run a good 16000 Miles during the one year period I owned it. Even did some rounds at Pannala to see how it behaves. No reliability issues at all, never broke down, just some routine repairs like brake pads, suspension and clutch. Total running repairs amounted to about Rs. 200K including services/ parts etc. Is that on the high end?

Edited by madmax

machan how much is the Ssangyong Actyon? if u have more pics (inside/outside) pls post it here.

tx

It will be prized between 2.8-3.5 mil for the permits depending on the options you choose. If Micro decides to assemble it here I believe it'll be priced around 5.5 -6 Mil range.

resized2006110716012403wq6.th.jpg

resized2006110716035424jr6.th.jpg

resized2006110716053694ig5.th.jpg

resized2006110715572106wr6.th.jpg

Pics courtesy of oneshift.com

Have seen few on the roads. Rear looks good, Front not really to my liking. Bit of a PT look a like. BUT from that gorgeous Beemer to a Ssanyong???? :blink:

@ Peri.... So you let this go....

Sadly I had to part with my BMW 320D, due to many reasons...

I saw you on the Parliment stretch about 2-3 weeks back. didnt know this is your Beemer :-)

200K on maintenace is quite steep, however i guess thats the price you have to pay to own a beemer..even a new one as this.

Why didn't you opt for the Kyron?

I saw you on the Parliment stretch about 2-3 weeks back. didnt know this is your Beemer :-)

200K on maintenace is quite steep, however i guess thats the price you have to pay to own a beemer..even a new one as this.

Why didn't you opt for the Kyron?

Was that you in the funky looking VW Bora?

The Kyron they can accomodate for the CIF value is a pretty basic, But the Actyon will have more options, even at the lower CIF value.

ha ha yeah :-)

An SUV seems the best buy thesedays, and its a crime to run our cars on these roads. Good luck with the new buy!

Hoping to switch to a SUV myself soon.

couldn't agree more. those of us who purchased above average vehicles before the duty structure went nuts can't really "upgrade!" with the now insane car prices and cost of fuel. these same cars now fetch a far lower market price, no one wants to buy a 2.0 litre anymore!

oh well lets look on the bright side, things can't possibly get any worse and hopefully there will be changes to the powers that be at the end of the year.

ha ha yeah :-)

An SUV seems the best buy thesedays, and its a crime to run our cars on these roads. Good luck with the new buy!

Hoping to switch to a SUV myself soon.

VW vortex...are you the owner of the black bora with G plates and lovely alloys? I've seen it around Colombo 5 often. its a very striking car.

couldn't agree more. those of us who purchased above average vehicles before the duty structure went nuts can't really "upgrade!" with the now insane car prices and cost of fuel. these same cars now fetch a far lower market price, no one wants to buy a 2.0 litre anymore!

oh well lets look on the bright side, things can't possibly get any worse and hopefully there will be changes to the powers that be at the end of the year.

without wishing to sound pessimistic mate, this is Sri Lanka, things CAN get worse.... so lets hope they dont...

without wishing to sound pessimistic mate, this is Sri Lanka, things CAN get worse.... so lets hope they dont...

.....And may I add...........they probably will if some drastic changes are not initiated. Anyway I've been thinking, in the future we may be able to pick up bullet proofed BMW X5s cheap considering how many are being used by our pals. What a shame they waste all that money when terrorist will not target them as they are doing as much destruction to this country as the terrorists themselves.

.....And may I add...........they probably will if some drastic changes are not initiated. Anyway I've been thinking, in the future we may be able to pick up bullet proofed BMW X5s cheap considering how many are being used by our pals. What a shame they waste all that money when terrorist will not target them as they are doing as much destruction to this country as the terrorists themselves.

spot on GTAm, no self-respecting terrorist is going to even attempt to target ANY of these jokers... it serves their purpose much better to have them all in office, screwing things up.... The only one they even tried was GR, and recent evidence has proved that they really shouldn't have bothered, hes just as incompetent as the rest!!

spot on GTAm, no self-respecting terrorist is going to even attempt to target ANY of these jokers... it serves their purpose much better to have them all in office, screwing things up.... The only one they even tried was GR, and recent evidence has proved that they really shouldn't have bothered, hes just as incompetent as the rest!!

Just an article of interest that was forwarded by a friend of mine who works for the ICC, supra you would know who this is, please note the content of this article is the property of the author and I neither endorse it or condemn it

http://www.economist.com/world/displaystor...tory_id=9299003

It is a bit OT but might be an interesting read for some, hope the admins will excuse me this time,