• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Suzuki Four Wheel Drives

Parak

Hi

Is there big demand for Suzuki 4x4s in Sri Lanka, Other than the low ground clearance they have a good respect as a good offroader. I want to know any agent importing them into the country. Can any body help me.

Thanks

Hi

Is there big demand for Suzuki 4x4s in Sri Lanka, Other than the low ground clearance they have a good respect as a good offroader. I want to know any agent importing them into the country. Can any body help me.

Thanks

Hey i recently had a suzuki sumurai its a four wheeler and it was great on off roading but it is not good on the engine side. Best if your buying suzuki make sure it has a 1.5 liter engine. OH and you can find suzukies at A*W these are agents for suzuki

<_< <_<

NOS

Hey i recently had a suzuki sumurai its a four wheeler and it was great on off roading but it is not good on the engine side. Best if your buying suzuki make sure it has a 1.5 liter engine. OH and you can find suzukies at A*W these are agents for suzuki

<_< <_<

NOS

Thanks for the reply :jumping-smiley-013: , I already got a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL 7 which has a 2.7 Litre V6 (japanese built). What A*W stands for? Are they selling japanese Susuki's as well?

Parak

Thanks for the reply :jumping-smiley-013: , I already got a Suzuki Grand Vitara XL 7 which has a 2.7 Litre V6 (japanese built). What A*W stands for? Are they selling japanese Susuki's as well?

Parak

Yeah they do but if your looking for XL.7 you have to go to frontire automotives that is situated in galle road. A*W are the ones who bring s da new suzuki escudo, Liana, swift.

Yeah they do but if your looking for XL.7 you have to go to frontire automotives that is situated in galle road. A*W are the ones who bring s da new suzuki escudo, Liana, swift.

XL7, Fronitier?? whatever for mate? Frontier is the Land Rover agent right? so what connection to Grand vitaras?

But they do sell Vitaras but they only had da XL.7

:angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024:

They were the Suzuki agents about 2 years ago, before A*W became agents for the brand. And I don't think they sell Suzuki's anymore.

They were the Suzuki agents about 2 years ago, before A*W became agents for the brand. And I don't think they sell Suzuki's anymore.

Ditto. Don't think they sell Suzuki's any more either. Of course, max, we can always ask Lucky or Peter. I'll take Peter, u take Lucky ;)

But they do sell Vitaras but they only had da XL.7

:angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024: :angry-smiley-024:

Hey DJ

Thanks for the Quick reply :rolleyes: , Do U have any idea how much a XL7 costs (I am in Australia) I want to know even a second hand price

Thanks

Edited by Parak

Hi

Thanks

Hi,

Judging by the numbers seen on the roads I think the Suzuki market has has come of age. according to RMV stats for last year alone they have sold somewhere around 65 units. Only Prado & Montero can boast of better sales.

So if its a compact sized SUV your after then it should be the vehicle. It is somewhat cheaper than the competitors and people like the new look. So even the after sales market should be ok.

Small rectification. Frontier were not the agents for Suzuki, it was Motor Marvels who were (They are subsidaries). And from 2005 onwards it has been A|W.

Parak: SL has only recon XL7's at the moment untill the agents think of getting down the new model.

Hi,

Judging by the numbers seen on the roads I think the Suzuki market has has come of age. according to RMV stats for last year alone they have sold somewhere around 65 units. Only Prado & Montero can boast of better sales.

So if its a compact sized SUV your after then it should be the vehicle. It is somewhat cheaper than the competitors and people like the new look. So even the after sales market should be ok.

Small rectification. Frontier were not the agents for Suzuki, it was Motor Marvels who were (They are subsidaries). And from 2005 onwards it has been A|W.

Parak: SL has only recon XL7's at the moment untill the agents think of getting down the new model.

Thanks for the reply Gummy, Do U have any Idea what is the price for 2004 xl 7 with around 45000km on the odometer. The new suzuki XL7 is not a real 4x4 it is a front wheel drive there is a big demand for the older version of XL 7 and model ended in 2005

Edited by Parak

Thanks for the reply Gummy, Do U have any Idea what is the price for 2004 xl 7 with around 45000km on the odometer. The new suzuki XL7 is not a real 4x4 it is a front wheel drive there is a big demand for the older version of XL 7 and model ended in 2005

About 3 weeks back a 2002 model 5 seater version brought in b.new with under 20k on the clock was being quoted at 2.8mil. The vehicle is unsold and we were the only party who had made an offer. So Im guessing the XL 7 is in the 3million range tops for a realistic sale. Early this year, the unregd recons were selling for around 3.5-3.6mil.

Its better to buy a regd. one here as Vitaras do drop quite a bit in second hand value compared to the Rav4 or even the X-trail. Unregd price if available now would be around 4.5 million+ which you will never recover.

Edited by milindu

About 3 weeks back a 2002 model 5 seater version brought in b.new with under 20k on the clock was being quoted at 2.8mil. The vehicle is unsold and we were the only party who had made an offer. So Im guessing the XL 7 is in the 3million range tops for a realistic sale. Early this year, the unregd recons were selling for around 3.5-3.6mil.

Its better to buy a regd. one here as Vitaras do drop quite a bit in second hand value compared to the Rav4 or even the X-trail. Unregd price if available now would be around 4.5 million+ which you will never recover.

Thanks for the info Milindu, It is a bit of shame they under mine the capability of rear wheel drive(and real 4x4) and very relaible Suzukis, These Nissans and Rav4s are not catogorised as 4x4 actually they are front wheel drives. No body in other countries Use them on four wheel drive traks. They probably good for shopping

Parak