• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

How To Read The Vacuum Gauge ??

mazdaspeed

Question

Hi Guys,

I would like to get some information on how the vacuum gauge meters works. I got the basics figured out but I recently installed a meter and would like to know if it was installed the way it was supposed to be.

[/size][/font]

The meter reads 0 to 30 from right to left like so – when the engine is switched off the reading is at 0.

However when the engine is in idle mode the meter reads 25 and when I rev/ start driving it th the needle moves to 10 or sometimes 5 mark.

Is this correct or is there an issue in my vacuum etc…

Would some 1 please be kind enough to elaborate a bit more on this topic….Thanks in advance

Edited by mazdaspeed

4 answers to this question

Thats fine, ideally it should go to zero on WOT (atmosphere) and approx. 40 immediately on off throttle, before its settles at idle.

Edited by Zakie@TIC

Hey Mazda.. i remember DevZ posting a link in a thread which Hola opened dude.. that link contains installation info plus info on how you could troubleshoot engine problems via the vacuum gauge.. ll try to post the link once i find it ..

Zz