• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Nanotech Cover - Is It Works ?

ShanS

Question

Lads,

I own a Toyota Ceres / 1995 manual. Recently I have installed Nano tech cover which is sold at Abans and fixed at nominated gurage. Apparently it says this will increase the fuel efficiency by 20%. Before :violent-smiley-099: it installed it did 10km /ltr , but now it seems dropped up to 7-8km which is frustrating with fuel prices. It says money back gaurantee 3 weeks but I could not check this with in three weeks so it expired .

I am concern whether if I keep this up, will this ruin my engine or should I remove ???.. Do any one have installed this in your cars ?? How it works ?. But it worked in my friends swift 2002 model and its really pulls and good in fuel after installation. I wonder why not in Ceres ?.[/size]

:violent-smiley-099:

16 answers to this question

Lads,

I own a Toyota Ceres / 1995 manual. Recently I have installed Nano tech cover which is sold at Abans and fixed at nominated gurage. Apparently it says this will increase the fuel efficiency by 20%. Before :violent-smiley-099: it installed it did 10km /ltr , but now it seems dropped up to 7-8km which is frustrating with fuel prices. It says money back gaurantee 3 weeks but I could not check this with in three weeks so it expired .

I am concern whether if I keep this up, will this ruin my engine or should I remove ???.. Do any one have installed this in your cars ?? How it works ?. But it worked in my friends swift 2002 model and its really pulls and good in fuel after installation. I wonder why not in Ceres ?.[/size]

:violent-smiley-099:

this is OT, but then why dont you post some pics of the car? for us to see.. ;) i owned a one sometime back, nice machine!

this is OT, but then why dont you post some pics of the car? for us to see.. ;) i owned a one sometime back, nice machine!

Yea.. it is indeed a good machine.. I love it ! but now I am P$$$d with it.. Its not doing well with fuel and wanna get some idea whether I can increase while keeping the nano cover or have to remove that... Will post some pics.. sooner.

Yea.. it is indeed a good machine.. I love it ! but now I am P$$$d with it.. Its not doing well with fuel and wanna get some idea whether I can increase while keeping the nano cover or have to remove that... Will post some pics.. sooner.

nothing to be pi**ed with the vehicle dude.. Nano thing supposed to be work, try it for sevaral weeks and see :) post the pics soon, hehe :P

nothing to be pi**ed with the vehicle dude.. Nano thing supposed to be work, try it for sevaral weeks and see :) post the pics soon, hehe :P

[/quo

:angry: It was installed two months back .. you mean more couple of weeks ??.. lets see pal.. But i want to get rid off it soon.. This thing keep me worry every day, since I have a feeling it will ruin my engine. Right now I am in office and dont have any pics with me.. but let me to do later in the eve.. Not sure whether i have closeshots but having few at home.. ;)

Did the fuel efficiency drop as you installed the nanotech thingy or did it gradually reduce over time? Just a suggestion, try removing your battery wire and leave overnight and reconnect in the morning and see whether there is any difference in the fuel efficiency. There are many factors which affects fuel efficiency ranging from the engine's mechanics to even the tyres :)

Zz

Did the fuel efficiency drop as you installed the nanotech thingy or did it gradually reduce over time? Just a suggestion, try removing your battery wire and leave overnight and reconnect in the morning and see whether there is any difference in the fuel efficiency. There are many factors which affects fuel efficiency ranging from the engine's mechanics to even the tyres :)

Zz

Hey ZZ thanks for the opinion, I noticed the drop after the installation of this thing. I did not have much of a time to concentrate and see what exactly happened. But I am dead sure it did well before and did a fuel injection cleaning as well ( Before the installation ) . Now it drastically dropped. Will do as you said to see how it works.. Do you think this thing works on older cars which don’t have much sophisticated cooling systems

Well... according to some reading materials these types of installations breaks down the molecules of fuel into smaller compounds thus igniting it after and more efficiently.. i take it that there is some form of magnetism involved too but I am not really sure on how it exactly works.. some people have seen benefits while some have not and there was a thread on this earlier in AL with Zakie wanting to perform diagnostics on cars before and after the installation. If your engine's tuned up and in optimal working condition then I suppose you could pinpoint the problem as to being related with the nano thingy.. if possible remove it and then see whether fuel efficiency increases but i seriously doubt whether this would be the problem as this device is somewhat like a small attachable wrapper along the fuel line and does not directly work with the fuel yeah? I mean its effect is more based upon that devices reaction with the fuel within the line rather than having access to the fuel directly.. I have not witnessed or seen this in operation so these are just thoughts..

Zz

Aha....evidence :)

i always thought there was nothing behind the fake sci-fi fantasy marketing talk...

nano technology my foot :)

It's only placebo effect...nothing more :)

Back to topic....i wonder how your economy went down... i don't think it's directly related to the nano thing. Like others have said this must be due other reasons...one or more. A tune-up might be of help :)

Also the Oxygen sensors are often the culprits of bad fuel ecconomy, and no matter what anybody says there is no way arround periodically changing them, sadly, I have heard of instances where fuel efficiency have jumped 30% simply by changing the 2 oxygen sensors !

Aha....evidence :)

i always thought there was nothing behind the fake sci-fi fantasy marketing talk...

nano technology my foot :)

It's only placebo effect...nothing more :)

Back to topic....i wonder how your economy went down... i don't think it's directly related to the nano thing. Like others have said this must be due other reasons...one or more. A tune-up might be of help :)

Yes ZZ you are correct, the mechanism of the nano tech to absorb the heat of the machine and use that to break the molecules in to smaller compounds. But, by this isn't the machine release more heat while fuel burning process ? And whats the guarantee we have it will absorb entire released heat ??..What if we don’t have a proper cooling sys ?..don't you think this will cut down the lifetime of spares..? No modifications done after or before the nano.. I am going to remove the thing this weekend to see the improvements will let u know guys the result. All this things come up to my mind after I get screwed by my self ! :violent-smiley-099:

Of cause Rapster, going in thick traffic always having an impact on economy unless I own a fuel pump in my back yard, I spend extra Rs 5K to run every 1000km. In a month I do around around 1000km.. See the extra cost.. :angry: U are right I am going to do a tune up too and find out what the exact cause.. If its due to nano.. sure I will bang that thing on the table who sold me :action-smiley-060:

Yes ZZ you are correct, the mechanism of the nano tech to absorb the heat of the machine and use that to break the molecules in to smaller compounds. But, by this isn't the machine release more heat while fuel burning process ? And whats the guarantee we have it will absorb entire released heat ??..What if we don’t have a proper cooling sys ?..don't you think this will cut down the lifetime of spares..? No modifications done after or before the nano.. I am going to remove the thing this weekend to see the improvements will let u know guys the result. All this things come up to my mind after I get screwed by my self ! :violent-smiley-099:

Of cause Rapster, going in thick traffic always having an impact on economy unless I own a fuel pump in my back yard, I spend extra Rs 5K to run every 1000km. In a month I do around around 1000km.. See the extra cost.. :angry: U are right I am going to do a tune up too and find out what the exact cause.. If its due to nano.. sure I will bang that thing on the table who sold me :action-smiley-060:

Thanks Don, I shall try that option as well.. Its nice of you guys for spare some time on this topic.. ZZ will post the pics today eve...

Dude, you have no worries about this affecting your cooling system as it has nothing to do with the cooling system. It is supposed to work via the engine heat, but that does not necessarily mean that it would heat the entire engine up :) there is no possible way that this could disrupt your cooling system. But as ripper says, most of the aftermarket components attached promising fuel efficiency are merely dupes just giving you the 'feeling' of getting better economy but in reality taking you no where near that hehe..

Try using X 1 R with your engine oil and also be a little soft footed when driving.. might improve your minus efficiency at times :)

Zz

Edited by neXGen

Dude, you have no worries about this affecting your cooling system as it has nothing to do with the cooling system. It is supposed to work via the engine heat, but that does not necessarily mean that it would heat the entire engine up :) there is no possible way that this could disrupt your cooling system. But as ripper says, most of the aftermarket components attached promising fuel efficiency are merely dupes just giving you the 'feeling' of getting better economy but in reality taking you no where near that hehe..

Try using X 1 R with your engine oil and also be a little soft footed when driving.. might improve your minus efficiency at times :)

Zz

Yea.. that's cool.. Shall try this one as well.. I got lot of options , something should hit.. I don't need to enhance to match vvti engine but need to bring back my machine where it was. thats 10km/lt. I am happy with that

Also the Oxygen sensors are often the culprits of bad fuel ecconomy, and no matter what anybody says there is no way arround periodically changing them, sadly, I have heard of instances where fuel efficiency have jumped 30% simply by changing the 2 oxygen sensors !

The usual life span of a O2 sensor is about <75000 Km and then it has to be replaced. :(

http://www.f-body.org/oldfaq/html/tech/sect2.html#oxysensor

Hey ZZ thanks for the opinion, I noticed the drop after the installation of this thing. I did not have much of a time to concentrate and see what exactly happened. But I am dead sure it did well before and did a fuel injection cleaning as well ( Before the installation ) . Now it drastically dropped. Will do as you said to see how it works.. Do you think this thing works on older cars which don’t have much sophisticated cooling systems

Perhaps the guys who fitted the gadget may have accidently disconnected the wiring to a sensor or something. If this happens, the ECU would automatically make the engine run a rich fuel mixture to compensate for what it sees as a fault in the EFI. This happened to me a while back with a Toyota Sprinter Cielo. In that instance the wiring had been deliberately fiddled by the previous owner to make it run rich when racing. Car was doing 6-7 km/l. Fault was identified after electronic diagnostics & tune up. It did 10+ km/l without any problem thereafter.