• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

What Is The Purpose Of Steering Wheel Getting Locked ?

sbnisan

i doubt ordinary garages has the capabilities of flushing through machines. About the environment friendly disposing of waste, i'm afraid you got a wrong picture about the garages in sl :)

But I'd rather them deal with the moral dilemma of tossing the stuff into our eco-system and I'm sure most of the larger places have flush through machines and adequate disposal systems / recycling in place?

But I'd rather them deal with the moral dilemma of tossing the stuff into our eco-system and I'm sure most of the larger places have flush through machines and adequate disposal systems / recycling in place?

this may not be the most worried way of passing the stuff into eco system. Speaking about recycling plant, even a service center should have it in place. But in this land they do operate only upto the point of obtaining environmental authority approval. Enough of ot :) having said that we got to promote diy stuff as it's the easiest way to sort stuff if you know what you're doing and you're the best person who knows about your machine, not the mechanic. I believe it'll popular in time to come where garage prices will be sky rocketed.

this may not be the most worried way of passing the stuff into eco system. Speaking about recycling plant, even a service center should have it in place. But in this land they do operate only upto the point of obtaining environmental authority approval. Enough of ot :) having said that we got to promote diy stuff as it's the easiest way to sort stuff if you know what you're doing and you're the best person who knows about your machine, not the mechanic. I believe it'll popular in time to come where garage prices will be sky rocketed.

Surely service stations don't throw away used engine oil etc? No way? There are so many uses for it if its stored and treated properly. Eg: Filtered engine oil can be used as fuel oil for heat or energy! There has to be some enterprising soul or company that is collecting, cleaning and reselling the stuff to be reused?

Edited by Kavvz

why does it say

CAUTION:

Do not hold the steering wheel in a locked position for more

than 15 seconds. :unsure:

By they way. thanks all for you valuable replys.

there you go... this lock aint steering lock.. this is a way of diagnosing the PAS(Power Assisted Steering) here what they mean is the end position as lock position.. left end and right end.. if u hold the steering there it'll overload the power steering pump..

Is it effected to EPS racks as well??

There are guide lines for service stations about disposing used oil. speacialy the rain water and water used for cleaning of vehicles should not mixed, and their should be seperate drainage systems for both. Also Vehicles are not supposed to wash in open areas since that means rain water again getting mixed with the oil, etc.

Back to oil subject, is there any recommended brands that I have to choose from and what about the quality of them?

There are guide lines for service stations about disposing used oil. speacialy the rain water and water used for cleaning of vehicles should not mixed, and their should be seperate drainage systems for both. Also Vehicles are not supposed to wash in open areas since that means rain water again getting mixed with the oil, etc.

Back to oil subject, is there any recommended brands that I have to choose from and what about the quality of them?

mate, all these guide lines are there for sure, but try to find out a single service station practicing it except for big names around.

About the brands, i'm using caltex for 406. Whatever said and done stay away from cheap new names in the market.