• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

2007 Mazda 3

Dinu

Hi guys,

Is there anyone in here owning a 2007 Mazda 3 bought from the agents. I have a permit and I'm hopeing to bring down a 3. I'd like to know the experience of owning a 3, fuel consumption, maintenance costs, repairs etc.

thanks

Hi guys,

Is there anyone in here owning a 2007 Mazda 3 bought from the agents. I have a permit and I'm hopeing to bring down a 3. I'd like to know the experience of owning a 3, fuel consumption, maintenance costs, repairs etc.

thanks

Hi there

One of my friends got 2006 Mazda 3 (2.0 lit/ in Autralia) does 7.5km/lit combined. It has already done 40000km

thanks for the info guys. I checked the Axela thread, and now I'm worried abt M3 being made in thailand. I got a quotation from the agents and they say it's imported from japan. :blink:

I've always been a big fan of toyota and nissan. but I went to see the M3 and I really liked the car.

I don't know whether it is entirly true that all Mazda 3s are made in Thailand.My understanding is that Mazda 3 is made for international markets.Mainly for countries like Singapore.Axela is the domestic model for Japan.Therefore it is safe to say it(Axela) is made 100% in Japan.

If you take BJ series which is the model prior to Mazda 3/Axela generation, the 323 is made for international market and Familia is made for Japanese market.However almost all the recon cars coming to Sri lanka irrespective of whether they are 323 or Familia is made in Japan.In fact 323s were coming with more features (alloy wheels/CDs/etc) as they mostly come from Singapore.

So i think you cant generalise and say that all Mazda 3's are coming from Thailand.Also it is not the same as Vios or Soluna which is not made at all in Japan to my knowladge.

Also this fuel consumption is questionable.I beleive it should do minimum 9-10 km/l

I appreciate more expert opinion on the matter.

One thing you should realise is that there is lot of prejudice and assumptions when it comes to SL car market.

I don't know whether it is entirly true that all Mazda 3s are made in Thailand.My understanding is that Mazda 3 is made for international markets.Mainly for countries like Singapore.Axela is the domestic model for Japan.Therefore it is safe to say it(Axela) is made 100% in Japan.

If you take BJ series which is the model prior to Mazda 3/Axela generation, the 323 is made for international market and Familia is made for Japanese market.However almost all the recon cars coming to Sri lanka irrespective of whether they are 323 or Familia is made in Japan.In fact 323s were coming with more features (alloy wheels/CDs/etc) as they mostly come from Singapore.

So i think you cant generalise and say that all Mazda 3's are coming from Thailand.Also it is not the same as Vios or Soluna which is not made at all in Japan to my knowladge.

Also this fuel consumption is questionable.I beleive it should do minimum 9-10 km/l

I appreciate more expert opinion on the matter.

One thing you should realise is that there is lot of prejudice and assumptions when it comes to SL car market.

thanks for the info mate. you're right, the M3 is made for the international market. the problem is where? I'd better clarify this with the agents. On fuel consumption, i'd be happy if it does 9-10 in colombo.

thanks again.

Dinu, something I gathered from the Axela thread is the suspension on the older Mazda 3 (brand new import) was quite stiff for most people's liking and also resulted in excessive wear, why don't you have a test drive in the 2007 version and let us know that feels like,

there are a lot of fans of the Mazda 3 on this forum, but most of them drive recon Axela's which came with a slightly different setup to my understanding. The Mazda 3 is also a hit in the UK, so they are not bad cars, its just I think the inclusion of a rough road package for the SL market has caused these problems in the previous version !

The Don

Dinu, something I gathered from the Axela thread is the suspension on the older Mazda 3 (brand new import) was quite stiff for most people's liking and also resulted in excessive wear, why don't you have a test drive in the 2007 version and let us know that feels like,

there are a lot of fans of the Mazda 3 on this forum, but most of them drive recon Axela's which came with a slightly different setup to my understanding. The Mazda 3 is also a hit in the UK, so they are not bad cars, its just I think the inclusion of a rough road package for the SL market has caused these problems in the previous version !

The Don

yeah, I have to talk to the agents and see. If I can clarify the import issue, I think i'll go for the M3, it's the best car for my budget. :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
got the first look of the car at the dealers :)

will get it next wednesday after the registration...

img0075acv6.jpg

img0076azr6.th.jpg

img0077azq9.th.jpg

img0078aks1.th.jpg

img0079aka9.th.jpg

img0080aza7.th.jpg

img0081axr6.th.jpg

img0082aoo9.th.jpg

img0083amr7.th.jpg

Did you get this on a permit ?

if not how much did it cost you ?

the car looks grand machan congrats !

Regards.

The Don

Edited by The Don

Regards.

The Don

yes machan. it cost me 2.2 mil with the permit. this is the stick version. normal price is 4.3 mil.

the auto tip-tronic is around 2.5mil with permit.

thanks for the complements machan :)

Regards.

The Don

yes machan. it cost me 2.2 mil with the permit. this is the stick version. normal price is 4.3 mil.

the auto tip-tronic is around 2.5mil with permit.

thanks for the complements machan :)

small question on the mazda 3.... i've seen a couple of varients of it and wondering what it means (difernce in model through the years or diference in specs)

1-- in some the rear light-bulbs are inset in a black frame with a transparent cover.. in some its a crystal light with a light red/transparent cover... and some have colourless bulbs set in black frams (like Dinu's)

2-- some have the nose section in body colour while some have it in black...

3-- and some have striped grills while some others have meshes...

I must say the interior is quite a nice job.. looks like quite some attention to detail... (Y)

i've always wondered what it means...:)

Edited by Dilesh

small question on the mazda 3.... i've seen a couple of varients of it and wondering what it means (difernce in model through the years or diference in specs)

1-- in some the rear light-bulbs are inset in a black frame with a transparent cover.. in some its a crystal light with a light red/transparent cover... and some have colourless bulbs set in black frams (like Dinu's)

I must say the interior is quite a nice job.. looks like quite some attention to detail... (Y)

The mesh grills and clear tail lights are after market ad ons and are available with a couple of dealers in SL.

the light red/transparent cover comes in the Axela. colourless bulbs set in black frams comes in the 2007 model. i think the design of the lights have changed over the years.

the mesh grill came this year. earlier models had only striped grill.

QUESTION FOR AUTOLANKA

whenever i make a post is says "newbie" and "warn" with 5 bars on the side.

when will i be a member and what is this "warn" thing ????

you'll become a member when your post count reaches a certain value i think and warn is, if you make inappropriate posts the mods will warn you for them. something like that i think.

Mazda 3 s a good car if you need any hlep feel free to ask........ This is my Mazda 3. click here to see the pictures

thanks for the offer mate! AL is the first place I'll ask for advice if there's a problem :)

your one's a GT. It has a bigger engine than mine I think, 2.3l? pretty cool! whats the top speed?

how is the A/C? some say it's not as good as it should be. Also when reversing how is the visibility?

thanks for the offer mate! AL is the first place I'll ask for advice if there's a problem :)

your one's a GT. It has a bigger engine than mine I think, 2.3l? pretty cool! whats the top speed?

how is the A/C? some say it's not as good as it should be. Also when reversing how is the visibility?

very good choice i have got a mazda 3 (2006 maxx sport) done 40k and no problems also done some mods such as hid xeon head lamps, shark fin , light up door sills, painted calipers and many more if you want more info or the the manual tech/owners visit our club site

http://www.ozmazdaclub.com/

sherran

got the first look of the car at the dealers :)

will get it next wednesday after the registration...

She looks gorgeous …. :grinning-smiley-003:

All the best with the new one…. Im sure u’ll be more than satisfied with her…

Welcome to the Mazda family