• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Ban On Tinted Glass????

Ripper

Guys...

yesterday as i was channel surfing on me car radio i caught the end part of a news item that said there's gonna be a ban on car tints...

I'm not 100% sure sure if this was right cos i barely caught the news item and was also driving in thick Colombo traffic :action-smiley-060:

anybody else have better leads???

i also heard something, but could not get it :( Anyone???

i heard something along the lines of some court stating that neither the IGP nor the Transport Minster have any right to ban tinted vehicles.....

i heard something along the lines of some court stating that neither the IGP nor the Transport Minster have any right to ban tinted vehicles.....

Great! I love the court. :jumping-smiley-013:

At last there is somebody who cares about ordinary peoples freedom. My regards!

Edited by Sha7

I think the initial strategy behind the Tinted Windows issue was for security- so that the passengers of a vehicle can be seen. What baffles me was that they didn't care if the rear windows were tinted, which defeats the point.

If i'm not mistaken, if the country is in a state of emergency, the Police are given sweeping powers to do whatever they want to maintain security (not good, since 99% are not straight anyways). So they do what they do- unless you drive an expensive car. We all know what happens in that scenario. However I've noticed a lot more cars with tinted windows again, so i'm wondering if they're waiting for another 'security' situation to clamp down again.

I've resigned myself to the fact that this will never be properly resolved, thus leave my front windows untouched.