• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

All Car Guru’s - Pls Help Me To Buy My First Car.

vista2007

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for your budget there are a lot of options available. however if you just keep exploring all options you will never get anywhere.

So start by prioratizing your needs. e.g. you drive 50 km daily, so what is more important to you, fuel consumption or comfort. Believe me, if you drive a not so comfy model 50 km daily you will need "back" repairs within the first week itself. on the other hand driving a really comfy thingy that does about 6-7 km/l will require you spend about Rs. 1000 per journey (and trust me, it will keep going up and up and up).

so decide what you want the most, strike a balance, then short list the options based on your criteria, then keep searching for a good car in those models. (dont even look at the other models once you've made up your mind).

on fuel cost alone another good option you may want to consider is a CR41...fits into your buget, it's deisel (doest about 9 km/l) so your 1000 comes down to about 400 on current prices. on the other hand, its not at all very comfy.

Hi Vista,

As I Think, concerning 40-50km per day, resale value, and your Budget better to go middle type car like Suzuki Swift or Chevrolet Cruz.

You can get 2004 unregistered Japan Swift 1.3cc around 1.8.ML and Chevrolet Cruz 1.3cc 1.9 -2.0ML .

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=2534

It goes with AC 15-16 Km per Litter and u can have

new, good look, Comfort, Luxury interior, Remote key , ABS, Dual Air Bags, Crystal Lights , Retractable Power Mirrors, Alloy wheels, Disk Break etc...

I also had a dream about sedan. but finally bought a middle type car Chevrolet Cruz because of fuel. Fuel prices are going up day by day. I think you don't need to keep your car in home.

Vista……think twice and make a good decision. :rolleyes:

Edited by BAnuradha

Another factor against toyota is drivability most of the old corollas feels like vans. If you are driving 50 KM a day a subaru or a honda will make you less tired.

The resale value and the parts availability should considered if you are a car sales man.

A subaru will easilly do 8-9 KMPL and for your budget you can get a much newer car as there is no mass market appeal.

Why not a 406 D9 :angry-smiley-048:

Why not a 406 D9 :angry-smiley-048:

Hi Harshana,

Can you get a D9 for 1.8 million and would that be the pre face lift version?

I know the 406 HDI would be a very good option, but I can guess, the prices for the few examples in SL must be astronomical,

they can do a good 40-50MPG depending on traffic conditions !

The Don

Hi Harshana,

Can you get a D9 for 1.8 million and would that be the pre face lift version?

I know the 406 HDI would be a very good option, but I can guess, the prices for the few examples in SL must be astronomical,

they can do a good 40-50MPG depending on traffic conditions !

The Don

can get a decent D9 around 1.8 and I know of instances where D9 have gone for 1.5 even and executive with electric heated leather will go slightly above 2.0 .. but can't get HDIs for that price. they're damn high. even a 65- will be 2.0 min. pre face lift means D8, they're available starting from 1 mil. I bought my D8 for 850/- 8 months back and buried quite a bit of money as now I've spent little more than 1 mil and the ride is great.. does 9 city and 13 often and during a trip to a'pura and return back on following day it did unbelievable 15 odd. but thats a 1.8l engine

can get a decent D9 around 1.8 and I know of instances where D9 have gone for 1.5 even and executive with electric heated leather will go slightly above 2.0 .. but can't get HDIs for that price. they're damn high. even a 65- will be 2.0 min. pre face lift means D8, they're available starting from 1 mil. I bought my D8 for 850/- 8 months back and buried quite a bit of money as now I've spent little more than 1 mil and the ride is great.. does 9 city and 13 often and during a trip to a'pura and return back on following day it did unbelievable 15 odd. but thats a 1.8l engine

Hi Harshana,

I know this is going a bit OT, but could you elaborate on what you had to do to your D8 to spend nearly 1 million in 8 months !! ? As in I am interested in knowing the maintenance costs of owning a D8 or a D9 in SL,

The reason why I ask is I have very seriously considered buying ones quite a few times, but I guess did not have the gutts !

Second question is are there many HDI's in SL ?

How well do they maintain their value over time ?

The Don

Hi all

what is the difference between Indian made Suzuki Swift and Japan made Suzuki Swift ?

Most Jap cars will be autos. Indian ones are manual. The quality of interior plastics are better on the Japanese ones.

Most Jap cars will be autos. Indian ones are manual. The quality of interior plastics are better on the Japanese ones.

The spares are also different with the Indian one having harder less comfier suspension and the Jap version offering a smoother ride. The mechanical parts on the Indian car are cheaper to replace but tend to wearout a bit faster.

The Jap version also has a more economical and smoother VVTi engine.

The Jap version is worth the difference if you can affoard it.

Edited by milindu

Well to start with he had to spend Rs:850k to buy the car :D:D

exactly milinda.. bought for 850/- knowing that there are some fixes.. these were the things I did

replaced the fuel pump - 32k

radiator - 23.5k

radiator reservoir tank(?) - 8k

A/C cooler + expansion valve - 16k

did a paint job and replaced all 4 tires and some minor things few hoses brake pads.. why I put my hands in simply because of the mileage.. just 67k on the clock and knowing the fact that its very hard to tamper the mileage (there are few guys who reverse the mileage of VW, Peugeot, Audi 'n volvos but they take min 50k for the job) unless u spend some good bucks on it..

and to answer Don, I would say take a risk and go but one solid fact that is you don't get the job done from ordinary technicians and you have to rely mostly on brand new spares since there's only two importers (or so afaik) for used spares.

Didn't realise you could get that sort of fuel efficiency out of a 406, I am impressed !

The maintenance sounds, reasonable given the fact you probably had to buy everything brand new, is a brand new import or re con ?

The spares are also different with the Indian one having harder less comfier suspension and the Jap version offering a smoother ride. The mechanical parts on the Indian car are cheaper to replace but tend to wearout a bit faster.

The Jap version also has a more economical and smoother VVTi engine.

The Jap version is worth the difference if you can affoard it.

Heavy duty suspension for sure. And yes parts like brake pads, bushes and struts will be Indian made. All Indian parts wear our faster than Japanese. And yes the VVTi engine is better but the brand new Jap car costs 2.8m now!!! So it's unlikely that he'll be able to find one for his budget.

Anyway a recent registered Indian Swift would be a lot better than an ancient knackered Corolla IMO.

Suzuki in India is now Japanese owned and no longer "Maruti".

replaced the fuel pump - 32k

.....the mileage.. just 67k on the clock.................

At what mileage did you replace the fuel pump? Did it go bust or you changed it as the manuafcturer specifies that it needs changing at every 80k or something like that?

850k is a steal man. I doubt you can get one like that today. Anyway as I've posted before...I owned a D8 for a short while and it was a great car. And I've driven a few D9s as well. Superb car that seems it was designed for our roads. I would recomend one any day!

At what mileage did you replace the fuel pump? Did it go bust or you changed it as the manuafcturer specifies that it needs changing at every 80k or something like that?

850k is a steal man. I doubt you can get one like that today. Anyway as I've posted before...I owned a D8 for a short while and it was a great car. And I've driven a few D9s as well. Superb car that seems it was designed for our roads. I would recomend one any day!

pump got seized .... spent 2 odd hrs on the road amidst morning traffic until my mechanic arrives, and he recommended replacing the pump with a japanese used pump simply because replacement part comes with all the filter, fuel gauge sensor and the pump which explains why it cost me 32k. but I disagree simply because jap pumps provide 2 bars of pressure where as this pump provides 4 bars and I assume this pressure has to be there in order to provide a proper operation of fuel injectors (i might be wrong and too paradigmatic) and end up burring 32k for the brandnew pump replacement. and the reason was running on low fuel levels but now always running slightly over 1/2 tank full . :unsure:

Hello Friends,

I'm planning to by a Suzuki Swift and came to know that there are 2WDs and full-time 4WDs also available in the market.

What do you Gurus recommend? Are full-time 4WDs less economical than the 2WDs when it come to fuel consumption, maintenance and etc?

Thank you very much.

Edited by Moon

Hi I'm going to buy a car for the first time. My budget is around 1.8 million.

I have to drive about 40 - 50 Km daily, so the fuel efficiency is expected. I'm also concern about reselling possibility. (both sedan and hatchback considered)

which are the brands and models I should look for.

Thank You :rolleyes:

look mate, if you are gonna consider a Honda, why on earth are you limiting it to a City???

not willing to explore the world of the civic? you can get a pretty decent ek3 for that money... there are plenty out there that haven't been modded. and you get the best of both worlds: economy when you need it / power when you want it...

look mate, if you are gonna consider a Honda, why on earth are you limiting it to a City???

not willing to explore the world of the civic? you can get a pretty decent ek3 for that money... there are plenty out there that haven't been modded. and you get the best of both worlds: economy when you need it / power when you want it...

But can u actually get a good EK3 for 1.8mill...?

I've seen a few and all were over 2mill..

I also like Honda Civic, Can i buy relatively a new car (around five years old) for 1.8 million ?

• 11 months later...
Hi Vista,

As I Think, concerning 40-50km per day, resale value, and your Budget better to go middle type car like Suzuki Swift or Chevrolet Cruz.

You can get 2004 unregistered Japan Swift 1.3cc around 1.8.ML and Chevrolet Cruz 1.3cc 1.9 -2.0ML .

http://www.autolanka.com/ad.asp?ID=2534

It goes with AC 15-16 Km per Litter and u can have

new, good look, Comfort, Luxury interior, Remote key , ABS, Dual Air Bags, Crystal Lights , Retractable Power Mirrors, Alloy wheels, Disk Break etc...

I also had a dream about sedan. but finally bought a middle type car Chevrolet Cruz because of fuel. Fuel prices are going up day by day. I think you don't need to keep your car in home.

Vista……think twice and make a good decision. :rolleyes:

hi anurudha

i am nuwan and i am in the same situation as VISTA with nearly eveything maching upto the driving distance :jumping-smiley-013:

my budget goes upto 16 but i may be able to kick in anothe one lack <_<

what i want to know what is the best but small car with the best fuel space FOR 5 PEOPLE and comfort

i prefer the swift

and if its the SWIFT what is the best MODEL AND YEAR i should go for :rolleyes:

WHAT ABOUT THE TOYOTA VITS

HOPE FOR A QUICK REPPLY

hi anurudha

i am nuwan and i am in the same situation as VISTA with nearly eveything maching upto the driving distance :jumping-smiley-013:

my budget goes upto 16 but i may be able to kick in anothe one lack <_<

what i want to know what is the best but small car with the best fuel space FOR 5 PEOPLE and comfort

i prefer the swift

and if its the SWIFT what is the best MODEL AND YEAR i should go for :rolleyes:

WHAT ABOUT THE TOYOTA VITS

HOPE FOR A QUICK REPPLY

I think you can go for a 2003 - 2004 Swift around 16 - 17 lacks. But if you can find a Toyota Corolla AE110 1998/1999/2000 car it will be a good buy. The corolla will cost around 15.5 to 17 .5 according to the condition. Out of two Swift has better fuel consumption.

But without just jumping, better take time and look for a better condition vehicle