• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Insurance claim

Dear All,

My car been damaged due to sudden fire during last September 2023, when it parked at my home. With the help of nabours we all manged it. But anyhow engine compartment and dashboard completely damaged. Insurance company came with the their fire analysis and inspected the car. Fire analysis confirmed me that fire been happened due to someone purposely involved. Police also conducted their investigation and asked from me that if I have any doubt with any person. But I declared that I have no one to suspect. Police report also submitted to the insurance company. Then after insurance company called me and asked me to agree with cash offer valued Rs. 1.1 M. I agreed and submitted the letter to them. But after two months later insurance company confirmed me that their CEO is rejected my claim due the word of "delebarte" on the fire analysis report. Then I submitted letter again to them. Recently insurance company is confirmed that their panel approved my claim. But few days later, insurance company regional manager called me and informed that their CEO is not approved my claim yet. 

I am very much confused what they are telling time to time. Car is still under repair and I have already paid for required parts through my hand. 

Seek all your advices what can I do if insurance company rejected my claim. Please help me on this matter.

Thanks in advance 

So sad to hear this. I am guessing the CEO's concern is that you set the car on fire (either by yourself or gotten someone to do it for you). Now insurance companies are notorious for doing whatever it takes to not pay-out (especially in SL where the legal system takes ages to do anything); but in this case isn't it legitimate? Someone who does not know you will not know without a doubt that you did not do this to yourself (with the hope of the car getting more destroyed or something else getting destroyed in the fire and getting a greater claim perhaps ?). 

Was there an investigation ? Is there anything that absolves you of the "crime" ?