• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Alonso's Antics

Duncan

What he did yesterday just proved what a third-rate person he can be, and shows that he feels seriously threatened by Lewis Hamilton. Remember how he used to bitch and moan about how 'F1 is not a sport, its a business' and how Michael was not sporting etc etc? Well, Michael never did anything like this to any of his team-mates and although he competed unfairly sometimes, he never pretended that he was holier than thou, like Alonso did all this while.

After obviously staying put after the team released him early from the pit-box, he still had the temerity to claim that the team were the ones to blame in all this. Ron Dennis was very angry, and I hope the FIA sends Alonso to the back of the grid.

Could Alonso's race engineer have made a mistake and blotched this one..? Of course knowing Alonso- it could always have been he's own idea as Ron Dennis & McLaren would never stoop that low... Anyway LH thought everyone a lesson today..

I'm not endorsing alonso's behaviour but he acted in retaliation to team mate hamiltons misconduct in the qualy session. obviously two wrongs don't make a right...but in my opinion both drivers should have been penalized as both of them were disobeying team orders. its just being fair and impartial. Dennis also said, BOTH drivers behaviour is unacceptable in this occasion and was going to discuss further matters with the two. He has after all dealt with senna and alain prost in the past in similar situations. <_<

"Dennis explained that the delay stemmed from the two drivers being out of sequence with the team’s planned strategy for Q3, after Hamilton had disobeyed an order to let Alonso by at the start of the session."

http://www.formula1.com/

In my opinion it was a good thing that the FIA put alonso in his place by giving him that penalty but being the cheap dog he is he is sure to come out with more dirty moves in the future..

As for kimi the championship looks more distant :( , since lewis is even more determined to out do alonso now..

Even though Lewis disobeyed a direct team order, he didn't hold anyone up. Alonso purposefully held Lewis up, I think Alonso's engineer needs to be disciplined at Mclaren if he had something to do with it as well.

Anyways, its all hotting up now, there are reports that Alonso has said either he leaves or Lewis leaves. And there's a rumour Alonso will go back to Renault before the end of this season. Ron Dennis will no way get rid of Lewis!

Lots of interesting news at this site, with gory details of the Hamilton-Dennis conflagaration etc. Thanks must go to Rodhay for sending me this link.

http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/default.aspx

gud link. interesing stuff specially the Flavio Briatore article. haha the hamilton - dennis team radio conversation cracks me up!! :lol:

An article i came across auto trader about the episode.

Hamilton vs Alonso: Team mates at war

06 August 2007

’–

British F1 star Lewis Hamilton won the Hungarian Grand prix yesterday to stretch his championship lead.

But relations have broken down between the 22-year-old and team mate Alonso over a controversial incident in qualifying – which Hamilton instigated.

Trackside’s Keith Collantine reckons Britain’s golden boy has shown a ruthless streak.

Wasn’t this all Alonso’s fault?Not exactly.

Television viewers saw Alonso appear to deliberately hold up Hamilton in qualifying, preventing the Briton from completing his final qualifying lap.

Alonso then set a faster lap to snatch pole position.

But it later emerged that Hamilton had set a chain of events in motion by failing to obey an instruction from his McLaren team.

What did Hamilton do?

As the final phase of qualifying began Hamilton was told to let Alonso by so the Spaniard could complete an extra lap.

Only one of McLaren’s drivers can have the advantage of doing an extra lap in qualifying at each round. So they swap it between their two drivers, and at the Hungaroring it was Alonso’s turn to get the extra lap.

But Hamilton refused to let Alonso past. He later said, “I didn't want to mess up my opportunity by changing places.”

By refusing to let Alonso past, Hamilton stopped him from taking the extra lap he was entitled to. We’ve seen a new ruthless streak in Britain’s golden boy.

What did the stewards say?

Alonso was furious, but Hamilton hadn’t broken any rules.

The stewards declared that Alonso had illegally delayed another driver, and relegated him to sixth on the grid. That put Hamilton on pole position.

Alonso claimed that he hadn’t held Hamilton up deliberately, but admitted that he had known the British driver was there.

What happened in the race?

Hamilton led every lap and won from Raikkonen, with Alonso fourth behind Nick Heidfeld.

That means Hamilton’s lead in the championship has increased from two points to seven over Alonso. There are six races left.

Why did McLaren get punished?

The stewards also penalised McLaren, by not allowing them to score points towards the constructors’ championship in the race.

They did not accept McLaren’s explanation of how it had managed its drivers during the qualifying session.

What now for Hamilton?

Hamilton was reported to have had a blazing, four-letter row with team boss and mentor Ron Dennis on Saturday. But the two have apparently now patched things up.

It was claimed earlier in the year that McLaren had prevented Hamilton from winning the Monaco Grand Prix. But that claim was quashed by the sports’ governing body.

What now for Alonso?

Alonso was spotted going into a meeting with F1 supremo Bernie Ecclestone on Saturday, and was rumoured to have visited his former team Renault.

All of which points to the suggestion that he might be about to break his McLaren contract for next year and return to his old team.

Alonso suggested earlier in the year that he was not fully comfortable at McLaren. Rumours have suggested that he wanted preferential treatment over Hamilton this year, and not have to fight his team mate as an equal.

Edited by Overdrive

Bro please find me the link for this! Thanks!

MINIACE

The British newspaper Sunday Mirror, meanwhile, published details of the heated radio argument Hamilton had with boss Ron Dennis after the incident.

Hamilton: "Don't ever f--ing do that to me again."

Dennis: "Don't f--ing talk to me like that."

Hamilton: "You can go and f--ing swivel."

http://www.homeofsport.com/f1/news/item.aspx?id=19854