• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Slardar Katukurunda Circuit Meet 2 ( 2007 Slardar C’ship Round V)

Grand Civic

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its going to be an awesome race meet tomorrow, so if you guys can go to Katu, do it! Unfortunately I have to travel out of CMB for a wedding tomorrow but luckily for me, Channel Eye will be showing it live.

Our fellow forum member mivec.turbo is on pole in SL 'GT', pipping Dinesh Jayawardana by a fraction of a second. With Aravinda Premadasa, Reyaz Farouk and Janaka Dias (in his new STI) also running, its going to be a great race. In SL 'H' 1600 Sajaad Zuhair took pole from Abeeth Dangalla, also by a fraction with just half a second covering cars 1 through 4. Zakie Ismail beat y@ga p#re#a to the pole in SL 'A' 1400 with Damith Abeyratne and Ishraq Wahab also close behind. As for the hotly-contested SL 'H' 3500, Ashan De Silva (Evo 3) was phenomenally quick, faster than Pasindu Peiris' Evo IX GT and Ashan Silva (Evo 2) but I dont know who starts where in this event.

Just so you guys know how big this event is going to be, get this: for the first time in probably 50 years of racing at Katukurunda, the race organizers have managed to build bathroom facilities for the drivers and spectators. :)

Here are the grid of supercar events after qualifying done today.

SL-GT upto 3500cc

1. Dinesh Deheragoda 1:01.133

2. Dinesh Jayawardana 1:01.629

3. Janaka Dias 1:03.532

4. Aravinda Premadasa 1:03.587

5. Sajaad Zuhair 1:05.580

6. Reyaz Farook 1:25.639 ( Had a problem in his car and couldnt complete at least a lap )

SL-H Upto 3500cc

1. Ashan Silva 1:02.596

2. Pasindu Pieris 1:05.149

3. Sarath Pathirage 1:05.589

4. Kapila Jayasundara 1:07.179

5. Ravi Bhagya 1:09.250

6. Couldnt Find the name 1:09.950

7. Eranda Hettiarachchi 1:13.800

SL-H upto 1600cc

1. Sajaad Zuhair

2. Abeeth Dangalla

3. Pasindu Pieris

4. S. Mannapperuma

5. Upulwan Serasinghe

Rest of the places i ouldnt remember.

Hope it will be a good race day tommorow. :D

Its nice to see Pasindu Peries Enter this Category.

He is daredevil rider as well as a Driver. He is also very intelligent in Choosing a Evo 9 GT as its competing vehicale. I am sure he will do well. All the best to all the drivers in both events.

Damn i hope Katu will not be as warm.... thats the only i hate in that track.

It was a bad day for Pasindu Pieris & his evo 9 today. On the qualifying lap 3, Ashan silva in his evo 3 took the evo 9 on the hanger straight showing all how talented he is. Hats off for Ashan not only for overtaking evo9 on qualifying. for taking the timing of 1:02 which is 3rd best timing in the SL-GT class as well by keeping behind few fully modifed cars with top racing drivers.

And he is willing to run on SL-GT race 2 as well to give the big boys a challange from his standard evo3. who knows what will happen :rolleyes: tommorow....

Good Luck all the competitors !!!!!!!!

All the best For Ashan and hope the Drag King will conquer the Track as well lol, Anyway due to some reasons Shanira couldnt run His Evo3 on SL -H,

Anyway see You Guys Tomorrow.

In vain man, you also should have run your Evo.

Just so you guys know how big this event is going to be, get this: for the first time in probably 50 years of racing at Katukurunda, the race organizers have managed to build bathroom facilities for the drivers and spectators. :)

Toilets you mean I guess! This is great ,another landmark in local motorsports! :D !!

Katu was awesome this time.

Dinesh, Aravinda and Ashan and Vishal in Bikes gave a stunning performance. Even y@ga p#re#a in his modified mini. I guess bad luck struck Dinesh J, Pasindu in his Evo 9 and Janaka in his Sti 9. But Pasidu Dominated the Civic Events. Uncle Manam had a bit of Bad Luck too. i guess the official realy were lucky in that accident.

Channel Eye gave a super coverage of the Total Event i should say. First time i realy enjoyed the super car event with a full view on all the corners thanks to Channel Eye.

Well Done to All the race Drivers.

Edited by Velocity

Katu was awesome this time.

Dinesh, Aravinda and Ashan and Vishal in Bikes gave a stunning performance. Even y@ga p#re#a in his modified mini. I guess bad luck struck Dinesh J, Pasindu in his Evo 9 and Janaka in his Sti 9. But Pasidu Dominated the Civic Events. Uncle Manam had a bit of Bad Luck too. i guess the official realy were lucky in that accident.

Channel Eye gave a super coverage of the Total Event i should say. First time i realy enjoyed the super car event with a full view on all the corners thanks to Channel Eye.

Well Done to All the race Drivers.

yep..great race..specially aravinda n dinesh was giving a good show specially race 1,,,hey dims u frgot to tell smthing abt the mini master rohith..he did a good show with his new minis. ever green gentleman yoga showed the mates how to do it in a monster mini...well 3 cheers go to ma mate visal for winning 2 out of 3..also he did great chacing all those 1000cc monsters with his 600cc... ashan..man u r amaizing.. really enjoyed yo run mate....keep the drag spirit up...well done to all te race drivers n riders... good show air force... :violent-smiley-030::violent-smiley-030:

Edited by RACERSEDGE

this katu was probably the best race i had been to. there was even a huge crowd at the pits and stands.

best race for the day had to be AP and DD's battle where DD pulled ahead just metres before the chequered flag.

thumbs up to everyone

Channel Eye's coverage of the event was excellent.. apart from them stopping transmission from 9.30-10 and the then again from 10.30 to 12.00 missed all the events in that time frame.. In Sri Lanka I guess we have to get used to to these short comings <_< I was frothing mad with them :violent-smiley-099:

Anyway I must say watching AP and DD battling it out on TV was just awesome!!! AP locking up and pulling past DD on the entrance to the hanger straight.. and then DD's amazing move off line to take AP at the line..wow!!! Then the battle at the back with DJ and Reyaz Farook.. all good stuff. What happend to Janaka Dias in the Sti9? Was is mechanical trouble or what?

Hay guys, the KATUKURUNDA II pictures are published in Autolanka Gallery. Check them out [Click Here]

img4009eh5.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img4012hc1.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img4021zk4.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img4020yj3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img4018yq6.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img4019mo8.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img4022sf8.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img4011yn4.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img3927oy3.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

img3978tl0.jpg

Shot at 2007-08-12

Damn Madz, u've certainly been putting in the overtime!

Hey KLM, Reyaz's front end looked a little bashed too. Same incident with Janaka and DJ?

What happened to Ishraq? Seemed like he really lost the back end there.

Really mad about Channel Eyes gap in coverage, tho the coverage they did give was excellent. They need a better commentator tho. I'm available :D There are more than enought people to take pics these days.

They pick these events I miss to have a good show :( Tho I must say, while it looked fairly overcast and cool in the morning, the afternoon looked extremely hot.

Thanks to Channel Eye coverage, had an exciting Sunday morning though couldn’t make it to the Katu. Coverage was very good apart from the two stoppages.

Man... What a finish from DD. That’s one of the best moves I’ve seen in SL motor racing. Won by just half a car length.

Yoga’s mini looked awesome. It reminded me one of the scenes of “Finding Nemo” Little Nemo chasing by Sharks...

Fuzzo... I think I saw you on TV..... :rolleyes:

Damn Madz, u've certainly been putting in the overtime!

Hey KLM, Reyaz's front end looked a little bashed too. Same incident with Janaka and DJ?

What happened to Ishraq? Seemed like he really lost the back end there.

Really mad about Channel Eyes gap in coverage, tho the coverage they did give was excellent. They need a better commentator tho. I'm available :D There are more than enought people to take pics these days.

They pick these events I miss to have a good show :( Tho I must say, while it looked fairly overcast and cool in the morning, the afternoon looked extremely hot.

Reyaz hit DJ in race 2, taking Dinesh out of the race and severely denting his championship aspirations.

You know, I think that same CBR that hit the Civic, hit a driver in the pits on Saturday and was threatened with a DSQ by the officials. But I guess some of those guys are a law unto themselves and insist on getting attention. This is exactly why some of the AMRC races were so popular; because they were just cars and nobody had to worry about getting hit by morons who want to showboat in a crowded pitlane. They get warnings every half an hour in English and Sinhalese but it doesn't seem to work.

That was a great event!

What a dare-devil drive by DD and I still cant belive how he managed that in the final streach in Race1...amazing Mivec turbo! As you always say..race is on till the final millimetre :D hats off to AP as well for giving a tough fight.

It was two victories for Rohith making a comeback after skipping many races,he still is the best!

Ajith gave a "Bul" run to his rivals and won with massive colours.Good chase was given by Param but Ajith was unbeatable. Few Mini back runners were not happy about Ajith coming and winning all the time :o especially a guy from Kurunegala.

Track officials and few photo guys had a near-miss with Madushans car.Got a picture taken few seconds after that,will upload it soon.Nigel was seen collecting very heavy debris like bumpers (possibly as soverniors :lol: )

Ashan,Pasindu,Yoga were great and Visal,Prabhath too!

Madz was great at his week-end job! Nice pics mate!

Many thanks to SLARDAR organizers for the wonderful and well organized event and a special thank goes to the President for deciding to give away trophies to "under protest" winners.End of the day only a trophy is what a driver/rider gets.There is no point getting a trophy from SLARDAR office clerk once the drivers/riders are cleared from charges.SLARDAR belived all are innocent until proven guilty.So Mr Rodney Mason Thank you for the truely brave decisions taken!

Its pity what happend at the end of a wonderful race (bike accident).These bikers always lay black marks.Hope the unfortunate biker is alright.

Congrats to all winners!

MINIACE