• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Sedan For The Permit

Watchman

sedan for permit  

17 members have voted

1. 1. What would be the best sedan for the CIF US$17000 permit?

• Toyota Corolla
    • Toyota Yaris
    • Nissan Sunny
    • Nissan Tiida
    • Honda Civic
    • Lancer GLX

Dilesh the CIF category was US$14,000 for Pertol cars, and US$16,000 for diesel cars.

It's a hard choice coz each car has it oen little niche market.

Effiecency wise and second hand value wise the Yaris is number one. Don't be bothered with ordering the Corolla Axio coz even Toyota Lanka doesn't know the spec that will come. According to them the diesel version is going to come with a 2C engine that's probably older than most of us here..

Best value for money is the Civic 1.8s. It packs enough gadgets to call it a luxury car. But you won't get much in fuel efiiciency and second hand value.

The Lancer GLX (not the Evo X model but previous) if I remeber correct, will be among the cheapest of the lot.

Tiida/Sunny I don't know much to comment.

Dilesh the CIF category was US$14,000 for Pertol cars, and US$16,000 for diesel cars.

Ohh is it? my friend said that it was 17,000.... i havent been in the light, except for what i hear from a few people and what i read on AutoLanka. thanks! I sent my friend the link and told her to follow this thiread....

yeah, i agree, the civic is the nicest looking of the bunch (and i'm presuming the most expensive?)... aparently their handling fee is waaaaaayy too high as i hear. i voted for the corolla cos it always seems like the sensible choice... but looks wise, i'd go for the civic...

just out of curiosity, any idea when the new lancer EX (evoX base model) is coming to SL? 'Velocity' has one ordered already right? i've seen 2 here in S'pore a white and a red.. red was moving, but admired the white one in a parking lot, and THATS a good looking car!!!

Isnt the Yaris smaller in size than the Corolla? its the replacement of the vios isnt it?

Edited by Dilesh

Ohh is it? my friend said that it was 17,000.... i havent been in the light, except for what i hear from a few people and what i read on AutoLanka. thanks! I sent my friend the link and told her to follow this thiread....

yeah, i agree, the civic is the nicest looking of the bunch (and i'm presuming the most expensive?)... aparently their handling fee is waaaaaayy too high as i hear. i voted for the corolla cos it always seems like the sensible choice... but looks wise, i'd go for the civic...

just out of curiosity, any idea when the new lancer EX (evoX base model) is coming to SL? 'Velocity' has one ordered already right? i've seen 2 here in S'pore a white and a red.. red was moving, but admired the white one in a parking lot, and THATS a good looking car!!!

Isnt the Yaris smaller in size than the Corolla? its the replacement of the vios isnt it?

as Devindaa mentioned, you Could also consider the VW Jetta, that 1.9 tdi engine is bombproof and quite brisk, and the car is very solidly put together..... apparently the cost difference is not all that much either.....

This is OT btw, but dilesh, you mentioned you're in singapore.... would you be at NUS by any chance??

• 2 weeks later...

well my personal openion is that the HONDA CIVIC is on top when it comes to performance and looks, fuel efficiency wise the corolla would be on top, but the issue is that even toyota lanka is not so sure of what they would be importing. they only give the details of the diesel corolla which again is coming with a 2C engine which is OOOOLD. so what' s the point?

I love the new civic and would go for one in the very near future,

but one thing though, if you are not fully decided on a car yet don't forget to have a look at the Lancer. it too looks great. the wheel size and the rest of the stuff gives the feeling that it has very good stability, so if you are a fast driver well ......