• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

After An Engine Tune Up

ThunderBolt

Hi Guys,... so after the tuneup yesterday, I replaced the fuel filter in the morning and drove 50km's today and the miracle happens... Precisely my previous fuel consumption was 8.7 in city limit and now it does 11.9 in city :) so almost 12.... If a good driver drives it, this would do more than that I believe, because I accelerate alot in the 1st gear etc... even though I try to keep my rpm below 2 mostly it goes to around 2.3, 2.4 etc....

Thanks a lot for all the advises and guidance... :)

• Like 1

Hi Guys,... so after the tuneup yesterday, I replaced the fuel filter in the morning and drove 50km's today and the miracle happens... Precisely my previous fuel consumption was 8.7 in city limit and now it does 11.9 in city :) so almost 12.... If a good driver drives it, this would do more than that I believe, because I accelerate alot in the 1st gear etc... even though I try to keep my rpm below 2 mostly it goes to around 2.3, 2.4 etc....

Thanks a lot for all the advises and guidance... :)

Can you please give details of what was done for a "tune-up".

Can you please give details of what was done for a "tune-up".

I'm very bad at explaining technical stuff... Anyhow, as few others mentioned, what Mr. Dhammika does is an overall checkup and provides the details of the status of your car... In my case, apart from the checkup, what we did was to replace the air filter and the fuel filter... Mine got a 16 valve twin cam engine, so he removed the 4 main valves and cleaned it too.... that's all what was done... He told me to clean the petrol pump too, but I did not do that as it is a bit of a tedious task... I don't know whether that has an effect for the fuel consumption, but if it does, then this could do more on fuel....

I asked whether i should replace my spark plugs and clean the injectors and he said it is not needed...

Hope this helps :)

Rumesh88

sorry forgot to tell it has single pickup for each wire (old time distributor) C12NZ it's kind of common to all four cylinders like you said,

engine timing check by professional (Mr.Kumarasiri ) had no time (went there 4pm) to fix. since he ask for a full day to check properly, i have to go back.

today im hoping to do eco test :sleeping-smiley-001: let see what i gain so far in papers.

emission test failed - :speechless-smiley-019:

High HC - failed

High CO2 - failed

took full-day check after that and found following issues and fixed.

1) engine time issue - TDC not synchronization with spark 26 degree (should be 10 degree)

​ engine timing reinstates and fix the issue using oscilloscope . :sport-smiley-003: - Done

2) compression test done -

cylinder 1 - 185 PSI

2 - 185

3 - 187.5

4 - 200 (this one fire best)

Did leak test found following leakage in following areas -

cyl 1- rings, valve guide,

2 - rings , valve guide

3 - rings , valve guide

4 - n/a

Have to redo engine - :sad-smiley-066:

3) Inlet manifold leak - seal the leak - Done :sport-smiley-003:

redone the test

High HC - pass from a good margin

High CO2 - failed little margin

4) TB packing leak - seal the leak - Done :sport-smiley-003:

5) Brake booster leak - have to replace with new :sad-smiley-066:

now engine running better hope to do retest today eve :sad-smiley-002:

Edited by aps

• 5 months later...
I'm very bad at explaining technical stuff... Anyhow, as few others mentioned, what Mr. Dhammika does is an overall checkup and provides the details of the status of your car... In my case, apart from the checkup, what we did was to replace the air filter and the fuel filter... Mine got a 16 valve twin cam engine, so he removed the 4 main valves and cleaned it too.... that's all what was done... He told me to clean the petrol pump too, but I did not do that as it is a bit of a tedious task... I don't know whether that has an effect for the fuel consumption, but if it does, then this could do more on fuel....

I asked whether i should replace my spark plugs and clean the injectors and he said it is not needed...

Hope this helps :)

I tried to cantact Mr.Dammika 3, 4 times, but seems like he is out of country or something. When I call his number, a servent answered and said he not availabale. :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066:

Anyone recently done a tune up at Dammika's place?..

I tried to cantact Mr.Dammika 3, 4 times, but seems like he is out of country or something. When I call his number, a servent answered and said he not availabale. :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066: :sad-smiley-066:

Anyone recently done a tune up at Dammika's place?..

I did today. Guy is well and alive but busy. Just wanted to check things at the business end since I have to renew my revenue licence next month.