• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Toyota Corolla 2003 car make noise when key is turn on

Gihan Shamilka

Question

I have Toyota Corolla 2003 car. I noticed, when the car key is turn on (without start the engine) a noise is generated. It just like mechanical sound. It happens very first time. This noise is stopped within 2 or 3 seconds. After that, everythings are working well. So, can you help me to identify what sound is that ?

2 answers to this question

On 3/17/2024 at 11:22 AM, Gihan Shamilka said:

I have Toyota Corolla 2003 car. I noticed, when the car key is turn on (without start the engine) a noise is generated. It just like mechanical sound. It happens very first time. This noise is stopped within 2 or 3 seconds. After that, everythings are working well. So, can you help me to identify what sound is that ?

Uhh..it could be something like the ABS actuator or something getting activated. In which case it is quite normal (in some newer cars you would even here a hissing sound coming from the car after you have turned it off and walked away from it because of systems like the EVAP system getting depressurized).
Sounds/noises are really hard to comment on without actually listening to the sound and trying to trace it to what is creating it. So...it could be something normal as above (which is highly likely) or something totally different.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, iRage said:

Uhh..it could be something like the ABS actuator or something getting activated. In which case it is quite normal (in some newer cars you would even here a hissing sound coming from the car after you have turned it off and walked away from it because of systems like the EVAP system getting depressurized).
Sounds/noises are really hard to comment on without actually listening to the sound and trying to trace it to what is creating it. So...it could be something normal as above (which is highly likely) or something totally different.

Thanks for your feedback. Yes it is too hard to give an idea without listening. By the way, I will check it. Thanks