• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evolution 1-3

YALA

Im just curios to know,roughly how many evo`s are there in srilanka.im refering to the 1st generation Evo 1 to 3,and roughly how much would one set you back :violent-smiley-099: .

p.s.has anyone done a complete conversion from stock to evo and how much would that set me back.

cheers

yala

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Im just curios to know,roughly how many evo`s are there in srilanka.im refering to the 1st generation Evo 1 to 3,and roughly how much would one set you back :violent-smiley-099: .

p.s.has anyone done a complete conversion from stock to evo and how much would that set me back.

cheers

yala

As far as I know there aren't any Evo I's in the country, at least in running condition. There were a few Evo III's including one conversion & cut butts. If you find a Evo I/II let me know, 1st generation Evos will give you the best thrills for the buck as they are light and with 250bhp goes like stink. Would love to drive one! :rolleyes: Checkout below to see what I am talking about:

i knw of a couple of evo 3`s but,ones a butt another had practically the whole head blown off.its def worth the money 250+hp at 228 tourqe pretty good for a lil jap bugger ha.if i come across ill def post it up here

cheers

There Are Many Evo I to III in SL, The Oldest and the Fastest Evo III is Ashans Car, the car recently bt Pasidus Evo 9GT, and Evo I and III has the same Engine with different Turbo and internals, Evo III got 269.7 PS (266.0 bhp) (198.4 kW) @6250 rpm and 309.0 Nm (228 lbft) (31.5 kgm)@3000 rpm

Evo I, CD9A, Power 250ps/6000rpm 0.92kg/m2 31.5kgm/3000rpm, Engine/4G63 Turbine/Mitsubishi TD05H-16G-7

Evo II, CE9A, power 260ps/6000rpm 0.90kg/m2 31.5kg-m/3000rpm, Engine/4G63 Turbine/Mitsubishi TD05H-16G-7

Evo III, CE9A, power 270ps/6250rpm 0.95kg/m2 31.5kg-m/3000rpm, Engine/4G63 Turbine/Mitsubishi TD05H-16G6-7

The Turbo

Evolution 1

Turbo = TDO5H–16G-7

Nozzle Area (cm2) = 7

Exhaust turbine = Inconel (steel alloy)

Compressor = Aluminium, 60mm wide

Evolution 2

Turbo = TDO5H–16G-7

Nozzle Area (cm2) = 7

Turbine = Inconel (steel alloy)

Compressor = Aluminium, 60mm wide

Evolution 3

Turbo = TD05H–16G6-7

Nozzle Area (cm2) = 7

Turbine = Inconel (steel alloy)

Compressor = Aluminium, 68mm wide

And as i know the Only Original Evo III in SL is Shanira's Evo III, all others are conversions and people went crazy abt 1st gen Evos after Shenal did his conversion, and today i got the news there are more than 10 Evo III conversions in town, if u are planing to do a conversion u have to be bit carefull cus normal mechanic cant identify the different between Evo II and III Engine, actually the only one i know can identify these things are Ashan, From 2004 no one in the Drags able to beat him, so can imgine how fast his car

Only problem is the Fuel Consumption, specially if u hit the gas, other than Fuel Every other thing is super, so to do a full conversion with a 300- car it will cost more than 1.5Mill cus now the stock CB3 prices are high, and trust me there is no different between the original car and converted car

Here are the 1st Gen Evos that i know

Ashan EVO III

Nirosh EVO III

Shenals EVO III

Shaniras EVO III

and My EVO III

Edited by GihanFX

i know ashans evo. i dragged it a good 3 years bak on my cibby 250 got smoked by half a cars legnth or so.. think there was a pic in one of the drag sites...i knw the 2nd owner of the lemon yellow evo,the time it was blue.saw it on sale n was quoted approx 14.5. given that a stock goes for arnd 8.5 i reckon ill have to set bak another 7 for the convsion

im quite interested in the evo 2,i have seen the specs,im assuming ill have to do a conversion given that there arnt ne running condition wheels in SL.gots to start savin nw it self so i cn afford the conversion : <_< .

gihan machang i see a list of evo 3 but wut about evo 2`s.u knw ne running arnd here.

cheers

yala

gihan,

can you post pics of your car. specially the interior. would like to see how the conversion came out.

Machan one of my friend is intrsted to buy my car and got a very gud offer, thats why i didnt post pics, and the interios is basic, Original Evo Dashborad and still stock lancer seats, anyway i post pics in next few weeks if he dnt buy

i know ashans evo. i dragged it a good 3 years bak on my cibby 250 got smoked by half a cars legnth or so.. think there was a pic in one of the drag sites...i knw the 2nd owner of the lemon yellow evo,the time it was blue.saw it on sale n was quoted approx 14.5. given that a stock goes for arnd 8.5 i reckon ill have to set bak another 7 for the convsion

im quite interested in the evo 2,i have seen the specs,im assuming ill have to do a conversion given that there arnt ne running condition wheels in SL.gots to start savin nw it self so i cn afford the conversion : <_< .

gihan machang i see a list of evo 3 but wut about evo 2`s.u knw ne running arnd here.

cheers

yala

Machan thats the problem even an Evo II come the SL then the owner do Evo III body kit so all cars look like Evo III's, In early days when ashans Evo was white his car was sale for One Mill but no one intrested, but now 2 Mill ,

Lemon yellow car now belongs to shanira and it has a long story, machan 300- basic CB3 car goes around 9 to one mill and the conversion package , body kit, paint, tyres and alloys cost aprox 6 lacks with installation

Machan thats the problem even an Evo II come the SL then the owner do Evo III body kit so all cars look like Evo III's, In early days when ashans Evo was white his car was sale for One Mill but no one intrested, but now 2 Mill ,

Lemon yellow car now belongs to shanira and it has a long story, machan 300- basic CB3 car goes around 9 to one mill and the conversion package , body kit, paint, tyres and alloys cost aprox 6 lacks with installation

Sh*t i can afford a stock, but i guess ill have to start savin up for the conversion :action-smiley-060: where are the parts bought from,direct import from japan or is it either in singapore,malaysia import.

gihan,

can you post pics of your car. specially the interior. would like to see how the conversion came out.

yeh machan do post up your pics luv to see wut the end result looks like.

this is wut ash*ns car looked like the time i saw it last, i havent been to any races recently so i dunno wut additions are there and thats me n my lil bike next to it

Evo3 vs CBR 250

for whoever is interested in a brif description here goes

From the beginning, the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution existed solely to succeed in the World Rally Championship, and the production car was simply a byproduct of homologation rules. The Evolution series has been true to its name, representing a methodical motorsport development process that has brought about some truly awe-inspiring street cars with a cult-like notoriety.

Evolution I

Chassis Code CD9A

Flush with success from its Galant VR-4 and hungry for WRC victory, Mitsubishi determined in 1990 that further success would require a new platform. To that end, Mitsubishi engineers started with VR-4's proven drivetrain and shoehorned it into the lighter, smaller Lancer chassis and the Evolution I was born.

However, competition in WRC's Group A required the homologation of 2,500 production models. No problem. Offered in GSR and RS flavors, 5,000 EVO Is were snapped up between September 1992 and December 1993. Mitsubishi's intent behind the lightweight RS model was to provide a good starting point for building a club-level rally car.

So why include parts that will be tossed later? With that philosophy in mind, RS models were sold with steel wheels, manual windows, and cheap seats. ABS was not offered on RS models, nor was a rear wiper. The GSR, intended to serve street-car duty, included power windows, air conditioning, Recaro seats, alloy wheels and carpets, helping to bring the GSR's total weight to 2,730 pounds, 155 pounds more than the RS. Keep in mind the Japanese weigh their cars with no fuel, spare, or jack, so make a mental conversion over to American-style curb weights.

Throughout the EVO's life, motivation was provided by the VR-4's stout iron-blocked turbocharged 2.0-liter DOHC 4G63 engine. EVO I got a lighter crankshaft, higher compression pistons, new connecting rods, plus a new port geometry, bringing output to 228 lb-ft at 3000 rpm and 247 hp at 6000 rpm; 10 more than the VR-4. The VR-4's established AWD drivetrain and five-speed W5M33 gearbox, with a double-cone synchro added to second gear, were carried over.

The EVO's suspension consisted of MacPherson front struts and a multi-link rear, with pillow-ball mounts replacing the base Lancer's rubber bushings in the control arms and toe-control links. The lowly Lancer chassis was beefed up to cope with the rigors of rally use, giving a 20-percent increase in torsional rigidity. Extra beef equals weight, so undercoating was removed on all Evolution RS models through EVO V.

Evolution II

Chassis Code CE9A

The Lancer Evolution II, built from December 1993 to January 1995, was focused primarily on improving the handling of the EVO I. Though the same fundamental chassis was used in Evolutions I-III, EVO II brought a 10mm increase in wheelbase accomplished by moving the front wheels forward. Vehicle track was increased at both ends to accommodate larger tires (now 205/60-15; up from 195/55-15), while longer control arms in front and a revised swaybar mounting arrangement enhanced steering response. Aerodynamic tweaks like a front air dam and an additional rear spoiler support improved vehicle stability at higher speeds.

Mitsubishi intended to improve power output with each Evolution, and EVO II started the trend. Boost pressure was increased, higher-lift cams were fitted, and detail changes to the exhaust reduced backpressure. Power of the 4G63 was now up to 256 hp, while torque remained unchanged at 228 lb-ft, propelling a vehicle weight of 2,750 pounds for GSR models and 2,600 pounds for RS models.

Evolution III

Chassis Code CE9A

Speeds on tarmac stages were getting higher, so reducing lift and improving cooling performance became priorities in Evolution III. A larger rear wing, a front airdam with brake cooling vents, and rocker panel extensions were fitted and, you guessed it, power was up again.

Ongoing improvements to the engine's breathing were rendering the existing turbo, a TD05H-16G-7, a liability compressor efficiency was taking a dump at higher engine speeds, adversely impacting volumetric efficiency. So Mitsubishi swapped the old 60mm 16G compressor wheel for a more suitably sized 68mm 16G6 wheel and redesigned the exhaust again for less backpressure. With these new lungs and another bump in compression ratio to 9.0:1, power crept to 266 hp at 6250 rpm, while torque stayed at 228 lb-ft.

Selling 7,000 examples from January 1995 to August 1996, Evolution III was the best-selling EVO to date.

Evolution IV

Chassis Code CN9A

The initial production run of 6,000 EVO IVs sold out in three days. EVO mania had hit full force. This latest EVO, introduced in August 1996, was based on an entirely new Lancer platform and had a technology portfolio as long as your arm. A new twin-scroll turbo kept exhaust pulse energy high all the way to the turbine wheel, improving boost response so effectively that the size of the turbine housing was stepped up (from 7 cm2 to 9 cm2). Coupled with a new cam grind, the larger turbine housing promoted better volumetric efficiency at higher engine speeds, while the twin-scroll took care of the low end. To homologate a new anti-lag system, all production models were sold with the anti-lag air injection hardware on the exhaust manifold. With no software to control it, however, street drivers were prevented from shooting anti-lag-induced fireballs out the tailpipe during gear changes. Compression ratio was back down to 8.8:1, thanks to new, lighter pistons, and a new metal head gasket kept combustion pressures where they belonged. Output was now 276 hp at 6500 rpm, while peak torque leaped to 260 lb-ft at 3000 rpm.

Mitsubishi was also forging new production-car territory with its inclusion of Active Yaw Control (AYC), which adjusted rear torque split to minimize understeer and improve turn-in, and, on RS models, a torque-sensing helical limited-slip front differential. As if that weren't enough, buyers were offered a super-close ratio gearbox in addition to the standard five-speed, plus a choice of final drive ratios.

One downside of the new, stiffer chassis and drivetrain goodies was a vehicle weight increase of nearly 200 pounds, with the car now tipping the scales at 2,970 pounds.

Clearly, Mitsubishi was barring no holds in the street adaptation of its rally car. The EVO was highly competitive in WRC and was earning a well-deserved cult following in the rest of the world, while American enthusiasts remained largely ignorant of the World Rally Championship and the fire-breathing offspring it produced.

Evolution V

Chassis Code CP9A

WRC classes were also evolving and by 1997 a new class, creatively named "World Rally Car" class, had emerged. WRC class cars had to abide by Group A rules, but did not require homologation, giving them a more serious purpose-built flavor. Still confident in the efficacy of its Evolution platform, Mitsubishi opted to continue competing in Group A and introduced the Evolution V in January of 1998.

To remain competitive against the WRC class cars, especially in tarmac trim, all areas of the EVO received attention. Vehicle track was increased 40mm in front and 35mm in the rear, with new fender flares and 17-inch wheels to fill them out. Suspension geometry was reconfigured for more travel and lower roll center, and inverted struts were fitted to the front. Both ends of the car got larger brakes. The twin-scroll turbine housing was biggie-sized to 10.5 cm2, and the 4G63's cylinder bore was increased 0.3mm for improved piston-ring sealing characteristics. At 1998.6cc, total displacement remained below 2.0 liters as per class rules.

Peak torque jumped to 275 lb-ft at 3000 rpm. Claimed power remained at 276 hp, an artifact of the Japanese "gentlemen's agreement" of capping peak power quotes, rather than a true reflection of the 4G63's urge in its then-current guise. It's safe to say that the engine was making something over 280 hp at this point.

Despite the changes, total weight increased only 22 pounds over the EVO IV. With an aggressive new rear wing, larger hood vents for improving radiator airflow, a deeper front chin spoiler, and enormous cooling vents in the bumper, the EVO V looked like a rolling street fight.

Evolution VI

Chassis Code CP9A

Further improvements to cooling performance and engine durability were the main focus of 1999's Evolution VI. A new coolant routing path reduced water pump cavitation, and shrunken fog lamps meant even larger openings in the bumper were possible, and the license plate was offset to the driver's side to get out of the way of cooling airflow. New pistons with cooling channels cast in the underside were installed, and a larger oil cooler was fitted, as was a larger intercooler.

Though Mitsubishi did not claim an increase in engine output for Evolution VI, its power delivery improved in RS by using a titanium-aluminide turbine wheel, a world's first in a production car. With lower density than a traditional Inconel turbine wheel, this intermetallic alloy reduced rotational inertia, improving boost response. However, titanium-aluminide is more brittle than Inconel, and to avoid potential durability problems the titanium-aluminide turbo was not available in the street-biased GSR model.

Chassis stiffness was increased further still with the addition of 130 spot welds, strategic reinforcements, and the use of structural adhesive. New regulations limiting the size of aerodynamic enhancements meant yet another new rear wing for the Evolution. To make up for the lost wing area, Mitsubishi simply added a second tier.

Another trim level was introduced, RS2, combining the RS-only hardware specification with a modicum of the GSR's niceties. By this time, American enthusiasts were fully clued into the EVO's overseas presence, and their pleas for a U.S.-spec car were being given consideration.

Evolution VII

Chassis Code CT9A

In 2001, the Evolution VII was introduced. And the Evolution series as a Group A homologation model was dead. For the first time, Mitsubishi would be competing in WRC class, which does not require the sale of homologation vehicles to the public. Evolution VII was based on Mitsubishi's newer Lancer Cedia platform, one size larger than the previous platform, to the chagrin of some hard-core EVO fans. What little it gave up in pure straight-line urge to the lighter EVO VI it made up for with chassis wizardry.

Most significant was the introduction of an active center differential (ACD), an all-new electro-hydraulically controlled multiplate clutch-type limited-slip differential with three times the binding capacity (783 lb-ft compared to 221 lb-ft) of the viscous unit used in the EVO VI. Active Yaw Control (AYC) still regulated torque split in the rear differential, while a torque-sensing helical limited-slip was fitted to the front. With input from a host of sensors, ACD and AYC were both regulated by a single dedicated control unit. Together, ACD and AYC improved turn-in and reduced understeer more seamlessly, allowing controlled tail-out hooliganism and scalpel-sharp steering response.

Structural reinforcements to the donor Cedia chassis increased flexural rigidity by 50 percent by adding thicker sheetmetal and bracing in high-load regions, seam-welding in the B-pillars and front chassis section, and more than 200 additional spot welds in the door apertures. Weight-saving measures like thinner glass, forged aluminum suspension pieces, aluminum front fenders, thinner sheetmetal in the roof panel, a magnesium cam cover, and hollow camshafts kept the total vehicle weight increase to about 90 pounds over the EVO VI.

At 276 hp, quoted power remained unchanged though peak torque increased to 283 lb-ft, this time by way of reworked intake ports, a less-restrictive intake manifold, and a smaller twin-scroll turbine housing (reduced from 10.5 to 9.8 cm2). Paired with a 20mm larger intercooler and a lower-backpressure exhaust, the sauce was spread over a broader range of engine speeds than ever before. Overall, the VII was an even more potent performer-if a more civilized one-than the VI.

The Lancer Evolution series' overwhelming success extends a big middle finger to the focus groups and consumer clinics of the traditional mainstream, lukewarm, carry-your-golf-clubs-in-the-trunk sissy pants approach to car building, and smacks misty-eyed retromobiles upside the head. Prodigious performance envelope aside, that's reason enough to respect it.

cheers

YALA

Here are the 1st Gen Evos that i know

Ashan EVO III

Nirosh EVO III

Shenals EVO III

Shaniras EVO III

and My EVO III

Machan maybe 2 of those are Evo IIs.

this is wut ash*ns car looked like the time i saw it last, i havent been to any races recently so i dunno wut additions are there and thats me n my lil bike next to it

Evo3 vs CBR 250

Isn't that the Evo IV in the picture?

Sh*t i can afford a stock, but i guess ill have to start savin up for the conversion :action-smiley-060: where are the parts bought from,direct import from japan or is it either in singapore,malaysia import.

U can import from Malasia or japan, but Malsaian Imports have bit high Milage comparing to japan imports, other than Nirosh car all others are Malasian Imports

Machan maybe 2 of those are Evo IIs.

Machan Nirosh car came as an Evo II when Kanchana used it but recently Nirosh mechanic (Nilantha) did an Evo III Engine swap,

Isn't that the Evo IV in the picture?

Yeap Thats Shamins old Evo IV, Anshan car is way faster than this Evo IV

Edited by GihanFX

my bad on the evo mistake..always thought that it was a Evo 3

the yellow ones pretty fast compared the black,wut kinda additions does he have on for it to have such a huge performance difference.too bad its only a 11 sec clip got a longer by any chance?

thanks for the details machang.prob be the cheapest option if its sourced from malaysia i guess.do you have any websites i can refer on for the convertion kit?

cheers

The yellow Evo is not that fast on that day, but if u see hw it beat pasidus Evo9GT on the last Katu u will be amazed, anyway Ashan is god of Evo so no one know hw the hell that car goes like that other than him, and i dnt think no one can beat him on Drags,

u cant just order stuff from malasia, there are few ppl in Sl who do conversions, guys Like Nigel, Ashan, so better to contact one of those

The yellow Evo is not that fast on that day, but if u see hw it beat pasidus Evo9GT on the last Katu u will be amazed, anyway Ashan is god of Evo so no one know hw the hell that car goes like that other than him, and i dnt think no one can beat him on Drags,

u cant just order stuff from malasia, there are few ppl in Sl who do conversions, guys Like Nigel, Ashan, so better to contact one of those

To be fair to Pasindu, he was running a brand-new car that was having some serious issues. In the first race he ran without MIVEC and in race 2 he had to restart the car about 6 times per lap as the engine was dying on him every few seconds or so. Mind you, Pasindu's car was bog-standard too.

To be fair to Pasindu, he was running a brand-new car that was having some serious issues. In the first race he ran without MIVEC and in race 2 he had to restart the car about 6 times per lap as the engine was dying on him every few seconds or so. Mind you, Pasindu's car was bog-standard too

so it wasnt an equal race by some extent i guess.

as for my dreams of running an Evo would have to wait for a couple of months so i can afford the conversion kit...thanks alot for the replies guys

Cheers

Yala

To be fair to Pasindu, he was running a brand-new car that was having some serious issues. In the first race he ran without MIVEC and in race 2 he had to restart the car about 6 times per lap as the engine was dying on him every few seconds or so. Mind you, Pasindu's car was bog-standard too.

ic , didnt saw any of those to Grand Stand area, hope now his car was ok, anyway both ran in the SL-H so both cars are standard ryte ?

What's up with that? Brand new car with issues? Sounds like someone fiddled with it a bit too much.

Gihan Who did you conversion? and how much he charged for that? and how technically sound he is in conversions?

Infact i am looking for a conversion too.

Machan talk to Ashan, hes the best in da business, his work Quality is super. if u visit his Work Shop u can see Evos all over the place :D and one small Advice if u want to use ur car for day today use go for Evo 4 ,5 or 6 conversion, there are many reasons one is 300- CB3 and CK2 price is pretty much same and Evo 4,5,6 conversion kits are only bit expensive than the Evo3, and Evo 4,5,6 are gud on fuel consumption,

What about that famous evo owned by a dude called Shaminda or something? White one that used to be the king of drags some years back? Wasn't that a III as well?

Shaminda's car was an evo IV. yes it was crowned as king of the drags until evoIII kicked it off. after that said evo IV disappeared. seen only once with painted in blue at MRA rally in 2005.

Machan talk to Ashan, hes the best in da business, his work Quality is super. if u visit his Work Shop u can see Evos all over the place :D and one small Advice if u want to use ur car for day today use go for Evo 4 ,5 or 6 conversion, there are many reasons one is 300- CB3 and CK2 price is pretty much same and Evo 4,5,6 conversion kits are only bit expensive than the Evo3, and Evo 4,5,6 are gud on fuel consumption,

thanks for your advise. Btw whats da boost you running on your evo? and what kind of modofications you done with brakes?

and what kind of modofications you done with brakes

i thought the conversion pack includes the brakes,suspension exuast and rest of the works ?

Grand Civic Posted Today, 11:25 AM

Gihan Who did you conversion? and how much he charged for that? and how technically sound he is in conversions?

Infact i am looking for a conversion too.

i got in touch wit another party who does conversions,i can give you details if you interested machan

cheers

i thought the conversion pack includes the brakes,suspension exuast and rest of the works ?

i got in touch wit another party who does conversions,i can give you details if you interested machan

cheers

Thats great machan. Pls get me details....

Gihan,

I got a quote from Ashan and a well known race driver's technician. Can i get a quote from your technician too ?

Edited by Grand Civic