• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Evolution 1-3

YALA

Machan still da car is prety stock, and running 0.5 and 0.6 Bar boost, and machan all the brake boosters, ABS, Disk etc come with the conversion package so u dnt need to worry abt brakes, u need to put .5.1 Brake Oil, thats it, and Exhaust dnt come with the Kit

Nice machan i think u should do ur conversion with Ashan, cus i can recomend him more than any one, 4G63 Engine work inside his Head, lol

And my guy is Nilantha, he charge 20000 to fix all da stuff,

24-07-2004 The Day Shamin Lost His Drag Crown, & Ashan Beacame the DK

240720042gz4ec8.jpg

Edited by MADZ

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shaminda's car was an evo IV. yes it was crowned as king of the drags until evoIII kicked it off. after that said evo IV disappeared. seen only once with painted in blue at MRA rally in 2005.

An AL forum member may soon take possession of this car, from what I've heard.

GFX have you dragged anybody in your car yet? How fast is it compared to the black Evo III that Nigel & Ashan built?

I have Driven the Black Evo III Nige and Ashan built for Shenal more than my car, and cant see any power different between shenals and my car, but didnt draged with any, cus still the car is stock, to drag atlest i need an AVC-R to run 1.3Bar boost and a high pressure fuel pump with new plugs,

Edited by GihanFX

Ashan is more like the 'god of Gembas'....standard my ass! Lets see what happens in the next race. As for you gihan I think a suzuki maruti or an Alto will suite you best, after reading through all your silly excuses and complains I cant think of a better choice. And I refuse to believe that you will ever own an EVO3, you do not have the required balls. Btw did you manage to sell the rice bucket??

Ashan is more like the 'god of Gembas'....standard my ass! Lets see what happens in the next race. As for you gihan I think a suzuki maruti or an Alto will suite you best, after reading through all your silly excuses and complains I cant think of a better choice. And I refuse to believe that you will ever own an EVO3, you do not have the required balls. Btw did you manage to sell the rice bucket??

Dnt get mad bro, after KLM said i knew u got some technical issues, other wise i thought its a fair race and agree with the Gemba thing, actually i alredy own a Evo III :rolleyes:

But if u into Drags race with Aahan, then we can see an awesome Drag Race,

Damn where did you find this Pic. It was taken by me on the day of the drag at Athurugiriya. Apparently Shamindas Evo 4 was blue when i owned it. It was Painted to the Original Colour Just before i sold it. Nice car it was.

Love the days of the drags. Very entertaining.

240720042gz4ec8.jpg

Damn where did you find this Pic. It was taken by me on the day of the drag at Athurugiriya. Apparently Shamindas Evo 4 was blue when i owned it. It was Painted to the Original Colour Just before i sold it. Nice car it was.

Love the days of the drags. Very entertaining.

240720042gz4ec8.jpg

Machan took from ur website :D , and i have downloaded all the pics u posted ur website in eary days, and ur webiste is the first ever Sri Lankan Motoring website we knew those days,

but now why no Drag pics and coverage like the Old Days ? same question goes to AL ?

Edited by GihanFX

Machan took from ur website :D , and i have downloaded all the pics u posted ur website in eary days, and ur webiste is the first ever Sri Lankan Motoring website we knew those days,

but now why no Drag pics and coverage like the Old Days ? same question goes to AL ?

Ha Ha cool scene. by the way Now only i remember. Ashans car is also a Conversion Right. Cos it was done by Mustaq i guess in 1997.

Pretty Intresting. So Gihan do you think conversions are Succesfull. I am also looking to do a car up if i dont go for the Sti 9 cos sold my RX8

Ha Ha cool scene. by the way Now only i remember. Ashans car is also a Conversion Right. Cos it was done by Mustaq i guess in 1997.

Pretty Intresting. So Gihan do you think conversions are Succesfull. I am also looking to do a car up if i dont go for the Sti 9 cos sold my RX8

Yeah Ashans car is a Converion done by Mustaq for Ramindu ( as i remember )

yes machan, cus in our small gang there are 3 Evos, Shaniras, Shenals and Mine, and Shaniras car was an Original car but other two are conversions, and can say machan Evo III conversion is a big sucess, but still i dnt have any idea how is the Evo 7,8,9 converions are, and im bit worrid after heard pasidus new Evo9 Had Mives issues,

But dims better to talk with some one who know lods abt Latest Evos and specially are they like the old Evos, Easy to maintain etc, if so pls let me know im also intrested ,

Can bring 2 halfs of Evo 9 GSR to Sl for 2.7Mill, and Registerd Cedia (J-) will cost around 1.5 to 1.7, altogether can finish Road Leal Evo 9 for less than 4.5Mill

lol yeah, the car is finished and some ppl have seen it, guys like shenal etc, but still not painted, got the cb3 color (white) and i post some pics after i finish doing the new paint job etc, Everyting is stock, body kit and bonet is fiber,

still need to put some gauges, Bucket seat set, and do a new paint job

I got an offer from my friend for the car, even if i sell it to him my next car will be an evo too, the only problem is fuel consumption, its abt 5 on city maxxx 6, hit the gas abt 3

Read all the posts before asking questions. Answer to your question is in post 8.

ahh machan its ok,

Edited by GihanFX

I got an offer from my friend for the car,

Machan how much was it quoted for? have you got any other offers? wuts the range ?

the only problem is fuel consumption

I doubt someone would buy it for commuting purposes...machang do you know how much the evo 4 do on gas? is it any better ?

Yep def miss the pics and coverage for sure

cheers

Yala

Edited by YALA

GihanFX Posted Today, 10:52 AM

Second hand Value for Evo 3 is around 1.6 to 1.7 Range

There evo 3 for sale for 1.55mn on another local site.cant mention names due to rules here.its a lemon yellow one....same ppl have advertised sayin they do MIVEC engine swaps(300BHP) and Evo conversions... if any ones interested...

machan i got this wicked idea i dunno how feasible it is but here goes.....you know those old Ford Caprie`s and Celeste`s.....hw far is it possible to install evo 3 conversion kit into that....or is this idea too far fetched.....im quite interested to knw if anyone else has had an idea like this run through there head...either when there normal or stoned out there mind :jumping-smiley-013:

cheers

Yala

There evo 3 for sale for 1.55mn on another local site.cant mention names due to rules here.its a lemon yellow one....same ppl have advertised sayin they do MIVEC engine swaps(300BHP) and Evo conversions... if any ones interested...

machan i got this wicked idea i dunno how feasible it is but here goes.....you know those old Ford Caprie`s and Celeste`s.....hw far is it possible to install evo 3 conversion kit into that....or is this idea too far fetched.....im quite interested to knw if anyone else has had an idea like this run through there head...either when there normal or stoned out there mind :jumping-smiley-013:

cheers

Yala

yeap thats Shaniras Evo III, its not an conversion , and we beteer not discussed abt his car here cus hes my friend :prankster:

cheers

Yala

interesting concept, but i dont know quite how feasible it is.... the thing with both the capri and the celeste is that they are both Rear wheel drive cars, so dropping in the drivetrain of the front drive-to-4WD Evo is probably not going to be possible without some major structural work... on the other hand, dropping in the engine might be a possibility (however, here too you'd have to consider that in the evo, the engine is mounted transversly, but naturally in a RWD car it'd be mounted longtitudaly).

a rather more feasible idea for a Capri is to get down some sort of old V8 (chevy or ford second hand from the US or Aus, or even the old rover v8..... could possibly find one in SL that has been chucked out of a diesel converted Range rover).... sort the brakes and suspension.... and voila! your very own drift machine....

machan lets forget it

i think someone touched a soft spot on gihan :rolleyes:

yeap thats Shaniras Evo III, its not an conversion , and we beteer not discussed abt his car here cus hes my friend

i know that perticular car wasnt a conversion

Cheers

Yala

I have Driven the Black Evo III Nige and Ashan built for Shenal more than my car, and cant see any power different between shenals and my car, but didnt draged with any, cus still the car is stock, to drag atlest i need an AVC-R to run 1.3Bar boost and a high pressure fuel pump with new plugs,

machang.. just want to know do u really have a car.. i know that u bought the conversion... but from what i heard is that your still lookin for a car to do the conversion....... and i'm not making this up to prove that your a liar this is what i heard and from a VERY close friend of your too..... just wanted to know if it's true machang

machang.. just want to know do u really have a car.. i know that u bought the conversion... but from what i heard is that your still lookin for a car to do the conversion....... and i'm not making this up to prove that your a liar this is what i heard and from a VERY close friend of your too..... just wanted to know if it's true machang

This topics going outa control guys.i just wanted to know the going price of a EVO 3 and the cost of a conversion...it doest really matter who owns what....so i suggest we drop the whole issue before things get nasty.....

Yala