• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Rpm And Gear Issue

ThunderBolt

Hi friends

After My engine tune-up when my car is on start and not moving RPM meter slightly goes up and down. As I know it should be steady. around 750rpm.

Please recommend me a good place to check this problem. There’s another issue when changing gears specially first and reverse (Manual), gear get stuck. This doesn’t happen always but most times. Need a good place to check. My car is a FORD Laser 2001 model.

Shivanka :unsure:

Edited by ThunderBolt

once experienced a same sort of RPM issue with one of my friends car but it was an old one with an carb engine so didnt care about it that much..but in your case this is something that you should look into.bro why dont you take it you the place where you got it tuned and ask them diagnose the problem.bc if you take it to another place then you'll have to pay for them as well.

as for the gear issue what do you exactly mean by "gear get stuck"...is it that you cant change the gear stick to neutral position from those gears or its hard to move the gear stick to the first and reverse gears?

IMO, the RPM fluctuating is due to the wrong mixture of air and fuel.. a small adjustment would fix it. At least it was in my case. There was a similar issue with a Ford laser 2001 a few days back..

Gear shifting could be your gear bushes, have them checked. But take it to a reputed place.

You might already be doing this..... when you find that the car won't shift into reverse or is real hard to get into the reverse gear, let the cluth out completly (ie take your leg off completely) and then re-engage the clutch. Now shift into reverse, you should have no issue. At least that works for me.

Edited by srajendr

You might already be doing this..... when you find that the car won't shift into reverse or is real hard to get into the reverse gear, let the cluth out completly (ie take your leg off completely) and then re-engage the clutch. Now shift into reverse, you should have no issue. At least that works for me.

true i have even found that sometimes this method helps. And another method is that, if it's hard to put the car into reverse gear just put the car into some other gear and try to move the car a bit forward-several inches would be enough..and then try putting it into reverse...if this method works then you'll be able to save some bucks.i have used this method with most of the old car and glad to say that it works...

Hi friends

After My engine tune-up when my car is on start and not moving RPM meter slightly goes up and down. As I know it should be steady. around 750rpm.

Please recommend me a good place to check this problem. There's another issue when changing gears specially first and reverse (Manual), gear get stuck. This doesn't happen always but most times. Need a good place to check. My car is a FORD Laser 2001 model.

Look at taking it to the place u got it fixed- if paying a bit of money is not an issue there is a guy who specializes in Mazda & Ford - Not all meca's can fix these type of cars.. they make a mess out of it...

drop me a mail to [email protected]

Cheers

Hi

Guy who did the engine tune-up noticed the RPM change and they asked me to get a check up done on the alternate by someone.

I need to take my vehicle to someone who can tell me exact problem.

Sometimes mostly in traffic when I want to change it to first gear it's hard to change. When I clutch twice it works but it's not a smooth change. :(.

Hi friends

Please recommend me a good place to check this problem. There’s another issue when changing gears specially first and reverse (Manual), gear get stuck. This doesn’t happen always but most times. Need a good place to check. My car is a FORD Laser 2001 model.

Hi Shivanka,

Well buddy, I have the Fastest Ford in Colombo...lol!!! Hmmmmm my RPM sometimes goes up & then come down when its idle, Maybe you have to check the Airflow sensor!!! As your gear issue there could be a problem with your clutch pump & its washers, Last week I had the same problem & I took the car to the agents David Pieris Motor Company. They replaced the Clutch M/Pump R/Kit, Clutch Slave CY/R Kit, Clutch P/Washers & S/CY/W Asheres......!!! I dont know what the hell those are but they charged me 6,254.00 including labor charges. Now it works really well. You can call DPMC & check both ur problems out.

Regards,

Shiran

I think your Air flow senser causes the RPM problem. It may be due to a leak into the air intake in the air flow senser line or the Air flow senser. check for any leaks in your air intake near the senser first.

As for the gearing problem it could be your brass cones. Ideally could be a bit expensive to sort. shift to the 2nd then 1st is an inexpensive solution. or use ur left leg twice on clutch. Good for the muscles mate.