• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Car Under 3.5mill

GearHead

Yes the Mazda 3 is a class above and if I have to decide between the two it won't be easy. But you must remeber it (the 3/Axela) will be a used car as opposed to a brand new Fiat. Also the Punto as spacious as a 3 in the cabin area. And the ride quality of both are similar.

The Mazda is a bit older than the Punto as well.

With regard to the buy back agreement, my friend who bought it is a top lawyer in the country. I don't think he'd have signed on the dotted line without a water tight agreement.

Yeah the Fiat agents have been poor in the past. But these present guys have invested a huge amount of money on the brand and its very unlikely that they'll go bust.

Anyway you will be able to check out both cars in the same hall at the motor show!!!!

if you ask me i see two sides for the buy-back agreement.. one if the price if fixed, the owner will hack the car and not maintain it well enough cos he knows that no matter what the condition is the agent will buy it at the same price.... Two, if the price is decided at the point of buying back the agent can quote a really low price and say that thats the price they are willing to buy back .... in that case who's the car-owner going to complain to... so both parties need to strike a balance and thats something i cant see hapening.... thats why i asked :)

It'd be interesting to see the terms and conditions of the buy-back, of anyone has it...

Yes the Mazda 3 is a class above and if I have to decide between the two it won't be easy. But you must remeber it (the 3/Axela) will be a used car as opposed to a brand new Fiat. Also the Punto as spacious as a 3 in the cabin area. And the ride quality of both are similar.

The Mazda is a bit older than the Punto as well.

With regard to the buy back agreement, my friend who bought it is a top lawyer in the country. I don't think he'd have signed on the dotted line without a water tight agreement.

Yeah the Fiat agents have been poor in the past. But these present guys have invested a huge amount of money on the brand and its very unlikely that they'll go bust.

Anyway you will be able to check out both cars in the same hall at the motor show!!!!

I thaught the Mazda3 at the showroom is the 2006 model? Also it would be interesting to compare the maintainence costs of both cars. Spare parts for the punto would definitely be more expensive than the mazda.

if you ask me i see two sides for the buy-back agreement.. one if the price if fixed, the owner will hack the car and not maintain it well enough cos he knows that no matter what the condition is the agent will buy it at the same price.... Two, if the price is decided at the point of buying back the agent can quote a really low price and say that thats the price they are willing to buy back .... in that case who's the car-owner going to complain to... so both parties need to strike a balance and thats something i cant see hapening.... thats why i asked :)

It'd be interesting to see the terms and conditions of the buy-back, of anyone has it...

Dilesh,

The price will be fixed at the time of signing the agreement. and definitely will contain clauses regarding servicing of the car in proper time intervals/mileage recommended by the manufacturer. Buy backTime would generally be at the expire date of the manufactures warranty. Therefore your arguement of hacking the car by the owner really doesnt count much.

That's why I mentioned the BUY-BACK agreement that the agents offer! Buy back means they'll buy it back at an agreed price after X number of years. One of my friends bought one with this agreement and is very happy with the car and the fact that he has a ready buyer when that date comes! Get it?

What if the company goes bust before the agreed date? (Previous Fiat agents don't exactly have the best track records - you know what I mean)

thanks for the info GTAm

By the way bro. you own couple classic cars right,

machan any at the motorshow ? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately my Alfetta is still not ready even though I targetted it to be in this years' show. Restoring a car in SL has to be one of the hardest things to do. My mechanic lost a brake caliper - Awaiting one from Oz. The Painter forgot to paint under the roof - I will have to do it myself.

The tinker changed the gearbox mounting points on the underside - So my expensive underseal had to be holed again. :violent-smiley-099:

It's (the Price) usually fixed at the time of purchase. It's quite popular in other countries. What's the point of fixing a price at the time of buying back??? You will have no hold. The whole purpose is lost.

What if the company goes bust before the agreed date? (Previous Fiat agents don't exactly have the best track records - you know what I mean)

Very True. However this time it's unlikely considering the financial strength of the agent - Wheels Lanka who are the owners of Euro Motors. Besides the present Fiat management in Italy is actually "managing" as opposed to "mis-managing" by the previous ones. They are the fastest growing brand in Europe, they just overtook Renault to the No. 05 slot, and the 500 and Bravo only just hit the showrooms.