• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Digital Slrs

Watchman

Hey peri,

the digi-SLR chat was kinda getting interesting and was sort of taking the MOTORSHOW thread OT.. so started off fresh...

I didnt know about the digic 2/3 thing till i read up on it after you mentioned it...as it is, i use my dad's 350d every now and again, and love the picture quality, features and the feel of it. The 350D too is quite good at balancing lighting between back/fore ground, so i guess the DIGIC-III will make indoor pics even better!

Anyway, right now Canon is promoting its 40D quite a lot over here, whike nikon is pushing thier D40x.. But i'll b sticking to canon cos my dad already has the 75-300mm lens for it. So i wont have to invest in a zoom-lens. Cos the 75-300 is about Rs.25000...

BTW, will the S-range be cheaper than the EOS400D? (just curious)

The current cam i use (Cybershot DSC-V1) is quite good, but not as flexible as a SLR, and nor is the battery life that good. And it has IR(nightvision) and mpg video recording, two things that a SLR wont have.

but the quality is quite suprisingly good! these are some pics i took this weekend outside a club near where we stay. The way the colours are captured is quite amazing. And the pics are really sharp too.

Can you guess what the last pic is?

dsc00196mn4.th.jpg dsc00204zu4.th.jpg dsc00225mz9.th.jpg dsc00198qo4.th.jpg dsc00207xr2.th.jpg

Yup, S range will be cheaper. Madz and I both use S range cams.

Yes, ur right about the zoom lens and the video recording. But I really want some of the features of an SLR which is not available on the compacts, so ... Thats why I plan on keeping my S even if I get an SLR.

Did you take the inside of the exhaust in IR mode?

Yup, S range will be cheaper. Madz and I both use S range cams.

Yes, ur right about the zoom lens and the video recording. But I really want some of the features of an SLR which is not available on the compacts, so ... Thats why I plan on keeping my S even if I get an SLR.

Did you take the inside of the exhaust in IR mode?

Yep, thats the inside of the exhaust in IR.

Is it hard to sell a Digi-SLR in Sri Lanka? cos i dont want to have bought a extra SLR which i wont be able to sell.... thats a lot of money...

Madmax, where did you buy yours? and if you dont mind me asking, how much was it?

EOS range is the cheaper alternative to the high end 'D' range.

yeah..

EOS 400D ranges between S$ 1100-1300 and the EOS 30D around 1500-1800 if i remember right.. havent been checking up on the 30D that much though...

What make do you think is more polular in SL (digi SLR wise)? Canon or Nikon? cos as i know Nikon has a better camera/lense technology while Canon has mastered the 'digital' aspect of the camara.... so its almost a equal playing field...am i right?

Over hear i think i've seen way more Canons than Nikons.