• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Bugatti Veyron Sighting

Lalithster

Me too. I don't like the principle of adding cylinders and turbos to increase power and then adding radiators to cool it down. I prefer a more minimalist approach that makes the car fundamentally a sound piece of engineering.

but the veyron isn't your run of the mill 1000bhp car is it,i agree that it has a monster engine,but that much power and speed cannot be achieved by a "minamalist" appraoch can it,something has to be BIG,the veyron is not all about power,it has a unique aero-dynamic design which without it cannot hope to achieve the claimed top speed...what i'm trying to say is that the buggatti is not just a car with a big engine BUT it is a complete all-round supercar unlike that american car(which nobody cares about) which now has the top speed record.....i think there wont be anything like it made again in the near future and we should all be glad that it exists.

Edited by HelRazor

but the veyron isn't your run of the mill 1000bhp car is it,i agree that it has a monster engine,but that much power and speed cannot be achieved by a "minamalist" appraoch can it,something has to be BIG,the veyron is not all about power,it has a unique aero-dynamic design which without it cannot hope to achieve the claimed top speed...what i'm trying to say is that the buggatti is not just a car with a big engine BUT it is a complete all-round supercar unlike that american car(which nobody cares about) which now has the top speed record.....i think there wont be anything like it made again in the near future and we should all be glad that it exists.

spot on mate! i find the engineering in the veyron a bit too anal. but its the exact opposite reason why i hate the SSC aero POS. cos thats just something with a big engine designed to be faster than the veyron. what most people don't understand is that the veyron is, although a bit of a handful for most of us, something that is built to be just as functional and reliable as your day to day toyota corolla, if not more. imagine your corolla having 1000 hp. it'll just fall on its side and die. and that justifies the degree of engineering that went into the veyron.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 3 months later...
with 1000hp it pulled off really smoothly and as it left the exhaust note was very smooth. I still cant believe I saw a veryon in person and I cant believe the guy doesnt mind driving around in a 1.5 million house. lol.

It surely doesn't use all 1000bhp to pull off? I thought that only kicks in at very high speeds