• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

F1 Championship

miniace

Who wins the F1 title this year?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. 2007 F1 Champion is?

• Lewis Hamilton
    • Fernando Alonso
    • kimi Raikkonen

Unfortunate retirement for Hamilton that was. The team somewhat take the responsibility for that as they could have called him in for the tyre change one lap earlier. Having said that they wanted to delay their decision as the weather was not making its mind up. so tyre chioce was tricky at that point in time.According to Hamilton his mirrors were fogged up and didn’t have a good view of the condition of the rear tires. Now he has to finish 2nd if Alonso wins interlagos and finish 3rd if raikkonen were to win. Its a good ending to he season for sure..

On the other hand Alonso got the Hamilton DNF. Looks like JB is potentially the candidate for mclaren next season. All British team??

Edited by Overdrive

hamilton has to qualify really badly and then have a forgetful race for him to be out of title reach. Lewis has to aim above 2nd position on the podium to take the title i guess... kimi's chances are far remote than fernando's unless mclaren screws up the car setups and both bmw's beat mclaren. all in all will be an interesting race to watch at a pub crowded with F1 fans :))

• 2 weeks later...

The best all-round driver in F1 over the last 5 years finally gets his due: a World Championship. Congratulations to Kimi Raikonnen for a thoroughly deserved title. No doubt the iceman will bust out the vodka and the gorilla suit for the mother and father of all parties.

Lewis Hamilton can still be proud of one of the greatest debut seasons in F1 history. Jacques Villeneuve matched his stats in his debut season (2nd place overall finish and 4 wins) but then JV already had experience in top-flight single-seaters, having already won the Indy 500 and the CART/IndyCar Championship.

Fernando Alonso? Apparently there is a vacancy at Scuderia Toro Rosso next year, and he may take that.

Who would've thought that this would be decided by 1 point between 3 drivers? Great stuff.

Possibly the greatest finish to the world Championship in recent times! Great run by Kimi- who fully deserved the break after years of bad luck with unreliable machines. Had a fun time watching the race as it was nerve racking down to the finish :) For all those who voted otherwise- never ever count the Iceman out!

Alonso to Toro Rosso? hmm that would rule him out of next years title race. Who would take he's place at Mclaren. Nikko maybe?(I hope not- as Williams could do with him) who incidentally capped a great season for him and Williams with a solid 4th place after starting 10th on the grid- he's still under contract, but who knows.. then again so is Fernando- either way someones gonna a loose a lot of money in ending these contracts

Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water........

Fuel probe puts doubt on Raikkonen's title

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp...73506&FS=F1

No fuel penalties, Raikkonen's title confirmed

http://www.motorsport.com/news/article.asp...73507&FS=F1

McLaren to appeal Stewards' decision

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns19812.html

Ron Dennis confirmed a j***a$$

http://www.rondennisisajackass.com

Ok, I made that last one up but the rest are for real.

If they DSQ those drivers and give the title to Hamilton, it will be the biggest travesty of all time. I can't believe Ron Dennis would stoop so low. Trying to get third party teams bumped over a very minor technical infraction reeks of the desperation of a team that hasn't won a title since 1999. Plus it's not as if Quick Nick, Nico and Kubica were battling Hamilton for points. He fell way behind them because of technical issues and was massively behind them.

A very well deserved championship win and a race victory for Kimi and Ferrari!

I still belive Massa sacrifised his home victory for a good cause.Rookie Hamilton-my favourite ,should have played a liitle waiting game avoiding all desparate runs.Despite being adviced,Hamilton opted his aggresive style and paid by the heaviest penalty.But end of the day he ran well to recover but not good enough to clinch the dream title.

Williams and BMW Sauber cars came under race steward investigations for allowing fuel temperatures to fall more than 10 degrees Celsius below the ambient air temperature during the race, but after lengthy deliberations stewards chose not to impose sanctions.McLaren are expected to appeal against the stewards' decision, which if overturned could have serious implications for the 2007 drivers' championship. :o

MINIACE

Don't think anything positive is going to come out of this appeal. Not a good thing for motorsport. Anyway congrats to the Iceman..I guess some championships are won that way!!well deserved anyway! Early days still for lewis. He'll get his chance. The problem with his car was due to a default criteria in the gear box, according to ron denis. anyway there is talk about heikki kovalainon joining mclaren, but who knows. In the event of that happening Alonso might join renault. The red car drivers are good to go till 2009/2010, so thats not an option for him!! needless to say a bloody good race and a good end to the season. can't wait for next year.

Yeps I aggree with Miniace, Massa probably had as good a chance of winning the grand prix as Kimi did, but he had already announced if the title was on the line, he would have no problem helping Kimi out as he was out of contention

The future looks bright for the Red Giants, they have 2 very good drivers in their team, and whatever advantage McLaren had stealing Ferrari designs would become less of a problem next year,

The most unbelievable end to a Grand Prix season, I am a Ferrari fan and always have been, but not even in my dreams did I think Kimi would win the title

Very unfortunate for Hamilton, he probably deserved the title as much as any driver on the grid, and yes he could have been tactical and played it safe and played the waiting game as somebody said, but thats probably not Hamilton's style,

Congratulations Kimi

Well done Hamilton

And too bad for the English double disappointment for them over the week end !!

I was delighted with the result. It was what I was hoping for even if I did not expect it. Ferrari had team work on their side while McLaren did not and in the end this showed.

I found the Brit commentators especially Mattew Marsh very annoying as he willed Barrichello to retire and hoped that Nico would crash with the BMWs. Not nice things to say to a good former Ferrari no. 02 driver who has a dog of a car this season and a young driver who's as good as if not better than Lewis - again he's not in the greatest car on the grid.

Here are two interesting articles.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article375910.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...3/smview123.xml

I was delighted with the result. It was what I was hoping for even if I did not expect it. Ferrari had team work on their side while McLaren did not and in the end this showed.

I found the Brit commentators especially Mattew Marsh very annoying as he willed Barrichello to retire and hoped that Nico would crash with the BMWs. Not nice things to say to a good former Ferrari no. 02 driver who has a dog of a car this season and a young driver who's as good as if not better than Lewis - again he's not in the greatest car on the grid.

Here are two interesting articles.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article375910.ece

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtm...3/smview123.xml

The Brits are very partisan with their sports, but thats not surprising,

but their media tends to go on and on and on and on and on about things, to the point, though I live here, I tend to support anybody "other than England" in whatever sport simply because of the mosquito effect the media brings in. I think they are part of the problem, as their hype mostly unjustified hype does not go hand in hand with the realities of the situation, in the end of the day its well and good to talk the talk , but no point if you can't walk the walk as they say.

i've never broken such a sweat watching an F1 race... i'm still ecstatic with the result being a kimi fan... too bad for LH cos his immaturity gets the better of him and alonso was clearly more than happy to let kimi win instead of LH...

fantastic weekend for sport... i was thrilled to see the pubs clear of all brits no sooner south africa crushed england at the rugby final... uneventful final although a satisfactory result...