• Welcome to AutoLanka

:action-smiley-028: We found you speeding on AutoLanka Forums without any registration! If you want the best experience, please sign in. Safe driving! 

Replacing VITZ Windshield

I'm considering replacing the windshield of my VITZ 2016, and I've received a few offers. My insurance company has informed me that they will only cover around 35,000 rupees. Additionally, they might offer a 30% coverage if I opt for Toy#ta L#nka. What do you think would be the best option? Is it worth installing windshields from Toy#ta L#nka?

Here are the options I'm considering:

Brand New from Thailand: 27,000 to 35,000 rupees
Refurbished: 100,000 rupees
Toy#ta L#nka: 200,000 rupees

Posted (edited)
18 minutes ago, iRage said:

You are considering to replace it ?

Why are you considering it ? Cracked ? Accident Damage ?

Yes, actually, it cracked. I don't know how. The car was just parked, and I was in the driver's seat. It suddenly started raining, and the windshield cracked on the other side. There was no damage from the outside or any sign of something hitting the windshield, but there is damage inside the windshield. It's kind of a mystery.

Edited by Sameera Kumarasinghe

1 hour ago, Sameera Kumarasinghe said:

Yes, actually, it cracked. I don't know how. The car was just parked, and I was in the driver's seat. It suddenly started raining, and the windshield cracked on the other side. There was no damage from the outside or any sign of something hitting the windshield, but there is damage inside the windshield. It's kind of a mystery.

There might have been a small chip or a crack on the edge of the windscreen (perhaps hidden behind the beading). It could be that someone put some weight on one of these edges and damaged it. 

The Thai one is probably a compatible model and not necessarily a branded one ? Do you know if it actually has a safety rating and compliancy passes (those numbers and weird shapes painted on glass actually mean something)? TL one seems overly expensive but considering current exchange rates and the fact that they need to cover thier overheads with fewer parts being sold...I suppose the price is to be expected. So..personally, it seems like the safery and more economical option would be to go with the reconditioned unit. Either way, please inspect the glass thoroughly. If there is even a small chip or hairline crack anywhere on the windscreen reject it. Check especially for any kind of damage on the edges. When removing the edges are prone t get damaged as people stick crow bars and screw drivers to lever it out.